Chapter 38: ...This can't be happening (Part 1.)

S M I L E

Narrorator's POV

Jieun held her phone nervously as she walked through the doors leading to the dance studio.

Everyone stopped what they were doing and stared.

"JIEUN!!!!" Someone yelled.

A familiar scent came to her nose as she is embraced in a hug- the scent of safety- Love- Jae!~

"Jae!" She smiled hugging him tight.

Bom came running hugging them both- just after everyone joined in embracing the girl they thought they'd never see again.

"Why were we hugging again?" The Seungri asked.

Chaerin rolled her eyes and embraced Jieun once more.

"We didn't think we'd ever see you again!" She smiled.

"Here I am~" I forced a smile hoping they wouldn't see right through it.

"How come no one ever does that with me? There are times where I leave and don't come back for a while, don't you ever worry if I'm coming back???"

"No." Some one grumbled making Seungri frown and the others laugh.

"SEUNGRI!!!" They yelled surprising him with a big squeezy hug.

"-coughs- Guys," His voice came out chocked as they squeezed tighter. "Can't- BREATHE!"

Jiyong, the only one who didn't greet Jieun, the only one who's not "taking Seungri's Breath Away," sat staring up from his work.

He watched as the large group disbanded and watched as Jieun walked ove to the benched to put down her bag.

Taeyang, Daesung, and Seunghyun tried to embrace Seungri once more.

"No!" He yelled pushing them away.

"I won't ask for anything anymore!!!!" He yelled panting.

Jiyong chuckled at his maknae's foolishness.

"Why do you let them do this?" Jae asked Jieun worriedly as he lifted her bandaged hand.

"I don't know what you're talking about!" Her voice slurred as she yanked away her hand.

Jae held her chin making her look at him, he scanned her face, his filled with concern.

He saw all the new bruises that stained her beautiful face.

Jiyong watched them converse his eyebrows knitted together when he noticed her hand that was bandaged and bleeding.

Who would do this to her? Jiyong couldn't help but wonder.

"Don't toy around with me Jieun" Jae demanded.

"I don't know what you're talking about." She stated.

"Jieun!" He whispered, concern and frusteration crouded his voice.

"Just leave me alone Jae Hyuk!" That was the first time she'd said his full name since they'd become friends.

His eyebrows arched and his eyes held hurt, Jieun couldn't bare to continue looking at him- she turned away and sat with Bom and the others.

Jae Hyuk was left dumb founded, Jieun had never called him by his full name since the day they had met.

//FLASHBACK TIME!///

Jae Hyuk's POV

"I think you'll love it here, the people are really nice~" YG spoke giving me a slap on my back.

I looked up at him and smiled.

"You talents are well welcomed in YGEntertainment"

"Thank you, sir." I smiled proudly.

"Sir?"

"Hmm?'

"Where are we going?"

"To introduce you to your coaches and another trainee~" Yg smiled as he guided him through the doors to a dance studio.

My mouth dropped seeing how big it was, how clean, how spacy, how beautiful.

"Haha, I knew you'd like it kiddo~"

"Here let me introduce you to my stars."

Yg guided me towards BIGBANG.

"This is Bigbang, as you probably know; This is Daesung" Yg smiled pointing towards the man whose smile was so big and bright.

"Taeyang." He pointed towards the man with a fohawk.

"T.O.P or Seunghyun which ever you'd prefer." He pointed towards the man with blue hair.

"V.I, or call him Seungri- his name it Seunghyun but call him Seungri for less confusion."

"Hi, I'm Jae Hyuk." I smiled, bowing politely.

Yg then took me and introduced me to the 2NE1, they squeeled pinching my cheeks, commenting on how cute I look.

"Here, let me introduce you to our newest trainee."

He took me towards t a girl with white-blonde hair she was sitting on a high window ledge staring outside.

She was beautiful, the way the sun caught her face, her body, her hair.

Her eyes were a dark hazel, her lips were rosy, her nos was cute and sharp.

"Jieun-ah!~" Yg waved.

She turned and I couldn't help noticing her cheek is badly bruised.

She hopped off the high ledge iin one simple movement, was this Jieun girl no scared of heights?

Landing on her feet without a single stumble, she walkd towards Yg and I.

"Jieun, this is Jae Hyuk, he's a new trainee like you~" He smiled brightly.

Jieun eyed me for a moment, but then the edges of seemed to curve into an anglelic smile.

"Hello." She cooed bowing.

I was so shy I bowed a the same time-

*Bonk*

"Ouch." I muttered noticing I had hit my head on hers when I bowed.

"Bianhe."  I said bowing multiple times.

She stared at me rubbing her head, I thought she'd spit on me and walk away, I keep thinking she's going to hate you now.

But she instead she smiles??

"It's ok, Jae" her voice reassurring me that she doesn't hate me.

I have do something! Do something Jae think!

I could feel the edges of my mouth curve into a smile.

She started chuckling?

"What?"

"You're funny" She laughs.

I stand taller and smile proudly.

"Thank you."

From this moment on, Jieun, I'll do what ever it take to keep you safe.

//END OF FLASHBACK//

Narrorator's POV

Jae shook his head and chuckled remembering how he'd failed in protecting her.

He sat in the circle with them and they all stared at Jieun.

Jiyong put away his work and joined them all.

Minji looked at Jieun and hugged her.

"Why do they do this?" Bom said staring at her hand.

"I don't know what you're all worried about, I cut my hand when I broke a plate."

"Really?" Taeyang said.

"Geez, just because I show up with a bruise or a cut doesn't mean it has anything to do with my family!"

"But they're not you're family, Jieun." Daesung muttered.

Jieun's eyes stung and she blinked as fast to keep them from falling.

"You're not my family either! So quit trying to solve my problems! Just mind your own buisness!" The room fell silent, Jieun had never yelled before.

*BEEP*

Jieun turned towards her bag and left the crowd.

Everyone started conversing talking about Jieun, but Jiyong kept his gaze on Jieun herself, watchingas she read the text.

She put her phone down, closing her eyes and let her head fall backward.

Jiyong watched her with concern written all over his face.

Jieun caught Jiyong's gaze but quickly looked away, wiping the tears that fell on her cheeks.

What was in tthat text? What's going on? Jieun, what are you hiding?