Semester One (Part 2)

Unspoken Confession
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When my classmates already head off to their respective hometown, I stayed to help Sujeong. But I would be lying if that was the only reason. Yes, I stayed because I knew he would be there with the others (and also because Sunggyu appointed me as the Stage Manager). Many, many times I followed but it was during their third meeting, he came. Apparently, he was joining the seniors’ theatre performance, White Sakura.

 

His part was an amusing part in my opinion in the theatre performance. He literally rode a motorcycle in and off the stage, playing as just another random visitor at the park during the morning and by night; he came out again doing something which I don’t know the name of it yet at that time.

 

Anyhow, one week before the performance, I followed the group. I got to see half of my idea coming to a life-action performance. The practices were funny and became a lot more serious as days passed by. The guys though were so friendly. They did not call me by name (which was a disappointment) but they did call me S.M. (short for Stage Manager I guess). Even Jungkook called me that except when it all officially ended.

 

During the one week, I did so many things. I helped them with their prompt book by giving guidance and also editing it. That was the hardest as they had very different way of writing out their respective reports. Sujeong woke me as early as 7 a.m. to start working on the reports submitted on the previous day.

 

As stated day, Sujeong gathered everyone in the campus’ library. I rarely entered the library which was so unlike me as I enjoy sitting in a library. But then again I knew why I never bothered staying there.

 

It was very cold.

 

It was as if someone just chucked you inside a freezer. It was only for an hour, I already shivering as the cold seeped to my bones. Luckily, I brought my jacket along but it did not help much as I was sitting right in front of not other than Jungkook himself with Taehyung on his side (which he left later since he had to go back to his home in Daegu).

 

A cheeky statement being made by Jungkook at that time which made Taehyung laughed and I rolled my eyes. How could he think of that while I wondered how the heck he survived in a freezer-like library in a short-sleeve shirt? Shouldn’t his brain freeze too? Because that would be perfect.

 

“The library is cold today, right, Taehyung? The library is cold. You are cold but my heart is warm.”

 

A side glance to me was thrown and he had a mischievous look from what I remembered and I could not help but to scoff. A warm heart… as in heart-warming? I swear that pun simply came out of nowhere. Yeah, yeah I knew what he actually trying to say but I ignored the message. It amazed me how I still able to recall those after so long. Just like a typical feeling I often included in my fictions, my heart never fails to beat fast whenever he talks.

 

Sujeong put her trust on me to work with him who was in charge of the audio and lighting in the group. He seemed enthusiastic when Sujeong told him about it and immediately opened his laptop to find the audios that could be used during the play on YouTube. Once downloaded, I who was busy playing with my phone halted and saw an earphone in my sight.

 

He gestured me to put it on which I later then noticed we were sharing the same earphones as he was wearing the other one. Heck, I felt like those cheesy fan-fictions I had read were mocking at my nervous act. Do you know how I responded? If your answer is I blanked out, then you are indeed right.

 

By the time audio was no longer playing, he asked me did the audio suited with this one particular scene? Of course I did not remember how the background instrumental sounded like since I was busy thinking of other stuff – like how to reduce the pace of my racing heartbeat. I awkwardly smiled but nodded anyways. It did not matter since I knew Jungkook had a good sense of music.

 

Hours ticked by, I managed to act all natural and not showing my blunt side. Did I mention he is a funny fella? Because he is as jokes would roll off his tongue while I was immersing in helping his classmate for her part in the prompt book. Let’s just say thanks to him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter