Semester One (Part 1)

Unspoken Confession
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When one asks me: “Hey, how are you? How’s your life in university?” My answer is simple.

 

It’s great.

 

It’s awesome.

 

Though there are bound to find a few mishaps but it goes away eventually. We can’t always be gloomed by darkness for so long. Life is short and we should fill it with wondrous adventures. It doesn’t have to be out in the woods or high up in the mountains to start an adventure. I have my own piece of adventure. Sure it is not as thrilling like others but it is… one of the most amazing self-discovering journeys in my life.

 

Being born and raised in one of South Korea’s ever-so growing metropolitan city, Incheon is indeed a blessing to me. I have a wonderful set of parents, a younger sister and incredible bunch of friends. Here where my so-called adventure begins. Due to some reasons, my family decided it was time to move to the heart of Korea, Seoul. There, I was sent to an all-girls school since I was seven. Therefore, it was pretty much understand-able to be awkward around guys of my age. No, I don’t have any male friends even at home since I was a home-slacker.

 

Korea National University of Arts.

 

That is the name of my university. It has various fields regarding Performing Arts from film-making, stage-play and also music. I on the other hand managed to get myself under much more underrated course, Playwriting.  Guess why I chose the course in the first place. Well, I’ll answer it anyway.

 

One of the reasons would be I love writing and I thought, “Hey, why don’t I put my fan-fiction writing skill into good use? Besides, writing for theatre sounds fun!” and ta-dah! Here I am in the midst of other talented people of my age under one roof. It was hard and rough at first. And also talk about awkward.

 

Let’s just say some of my classmates are very deep… way deep into writing.

 

Topics like philosophy, history, political and social issues; just to name a few. They know it so well that it blew my mind. But that doesn’t stop me from continuing to write fan-fictions. Sadly, the time seemed to be filled mostly with assignments. Assignments. And more assignments.

 

My life was on repeat… until one day a good friend of mine, Ryu Sujeong came and asked for help. I remembered the reason why she chose me instead of the others. Knowing her background in the Acting department since her school days, she is a determined girl that willing to do anything came in her way. And apparently, figuring out a decent Action-themed theatre performance for her final Basic Acting class was a trouble she had encountered.

 

It was then I began to brainstorm ideas with her at that one particular night. She gave a list of her fellow classmates which happened to be in one team as her and she was given the responsibility to be the Stage Manager. Huge position. Tough job. Not to mention tiring. Why? Because I knew how it felt like to be one.

 

There were nine actors and actresses combined and I knew none. But one name seemed familiar back then. I knew his name but not his face or figure. It was obvious since Kim Jiyeon or best known as Kei, another friend of mine had a crush on him… along with three other guys. Let’s just say, she was quite crazy back then.

 

Jeon Jungkook.

 

Be sure to remember his name because he is the so-called starter of my adventure.

 

As said before I don’t have guy friends before and I had troubles communicating with them. I had tried my best to be normal at it but of course, who am I to perfecting it almost instantly?

 

This guy, I had asked Sujeong how he looks like as I about to have trust in him to play the lead male character of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter