My One and Only Love

TaeNy One Shots
Title: My One and Only Love
Pairing: Taeyeon/ Tiffany 
Rating: G
Genre: AU
Disclaimer: I don't own the characters. Fiction fiction fiction. 
Summary: A mixture of fluff and sad… a little bittersweet, maybe?

=== 

“Mom!”

“Hi baby.” Taeyeon gave her daughter a quick hug before turning to Tiffany. “I’m really sorry for making you come in such short notice.” 

“It’s okay, Taeyeon.” Tiffany got the duffle bag from Taeyeon.

“I don’t know what got into my boss’ head that he made me go to some faraway town to conduct the interview myself.” Taeyeon sighed at the thought. “Anyway, all the things are in there. Her clothes, vitamins… everything.” She pointed at the bag. “If I can go home earlier, I will gladly do. If something comes up, please don’t hesitate to call me.”

“Hey, calm down. It’s okay. You don’t have to worry about anything.”

“I… I just can’t help it.” Taeyeon smiled a little.

“I understand. No one wants to leave their daughters to anybody.” Tiffany returned the smile and gave the woman a reassuring pat on the arm.

“You’re not just anybody, Tiffany.” Taeyeon frowned at the comment.

“You know what I mean.” Tiffany shouldered the bag, dismissing the conversation. “Do you need a ride?”

“I’ll be fine. You two should go ahead.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes.”

“Mommy?” Stephanie tugged at her mother’s hand.

“Yes, baby?” Tiffany stoop down to meet the little girl’s eyes.

“Aren’t we sending Mom to the station?”

“Well…” Tiffany looked up to smile sheepishly at Taeyeon. “Okay, I kinda promised her that we’ll send you off.”

Seeing her daughter’s expecting eyes, Taeyeon could only shake her head. “Alright. I guess we should get going now.”

=== 

“Baby, why are you crying?” Taeyeon lifted the girl up in her arms. “I thought you were fine with this? You’ll get to spend the entire weekend with your Mommy.” She cooed, trying to stop her daughter from sobbing. 

“But Mom…” Stephanie refused to stop from crying and wrapped her arms around the woman’s neck. “Don’t go…”

“Baby, I’ll be back in no time.”

“No…”

“Baby?” Tiffany called out but got completely ignored. “Baby, your Mom needs to go now.” She reached out and had to force the little girl to detach herself from her mother. “She’ll be back by Sunday, okay? We’ll meet her here once she gets back.”

Stephanie’s cries were now reduced to light sniffing as she looked at Taeyeon with sad eyes.

“Baby, don’t be sad, okay? I’ll buy you those gummy bears that you really like when I get back.” Taeyeon moved closer and wiped the girl’s cheeks. “Don’t give your Mommy a hard time, okay?”

“Okay.” Stephanie nodded weakly and gave her mom a light kiss on the cheek. “I love you Mom. Come home soon.”

“I love you too, baby.” Taeyeon returned the kiss with a smile. “I will.” She looked at her watch and straighten up. “I have to go now. You two take care, okay?”

“We will, don’t worry.” Tiffany tried to keep the little girl in her arms while giving Taeyeon a quick hug. “Take care on your way there.”

“I will.” Taeyeon smiled shyly before waving goodbye to them.

=== 

“Mommy?”

“Yes, baby?” Tiffany carefully lifted the covers and lied down next to the little girl.

“Why did you leave? Is it because you don’t love Mom anymore?” Stephanie turned to her side and held Tiffany’s cheek. “Because I have this friend Jimmy at school and he said his mom left because she doesn’t love his dad anymore.”

“W-what…” Tiffany didn’t know how to respond to that so she gave her a hug instead. “It’s not like that, baby.”

“Then what is it?”

“I… I love your mom very much. It’s just that…”

“Then why can’t you live with us like you used to?” Stephanie pulled away with a sad pout on her face. “Is it because I’m not your real daughter?”

“What? No!” Tiffany scooted closer and gave her a kiss on the forehead. “It was never you or your mom’s fault, okay?”

“Okay.” Stephanie nodded weakly, not entirely sure on what Tiffany just said. “Won’t you stay with us ever again?”

“I… Do you want me to…? Does your mom… want me to?”

“Of course I want to!” Stephanie snuggled against Tiffany’s neck. “Mom wants it too.”

“Really…”

“Yes.” The little girl nodded before drifting off to sleep.

===

Tiffany looked down to meet the little girl’s wide smile as they waited at the station. She too, was just as excited to see Taeyeon again but held everything in. A few minutes later and the person they’ve been waiting for had finally arrived, looking exhausted and devoid of sleep.

“Hi, baby.” Taeyeon went to give her daughter a big hug. “Have you been good to your Mommy?”

“Yes!” Stephanie answered cheerfully, giving her mother a kiss on the cheek. “I missed you so much, Mom.”

“Aww, I missed you so much baby.” Taeyeon stood up with the little girl in her arms. “Hi. Thank you for picking me up.” She turned to Tiffany with a small smile.

“No worries.” Tiffany returned the smile and pointed at the woman’s backpack. “I’ll carry your bag for you.”

“It’s okay. It’s not that heavy anyway.” Taeyeon shook her head, politely declining the offer. 

“Okay. Then… I guess we should get going now.” Tiffany nodded and led them to the parking lot.

=== 

“Um… Do you wanna stay for a while?” Taeyeon asked shyly after closing the door behind. “Why are you… smiling like that?” Her cheeks started to blush upon seeing Tiffany’s smile.

“Nothing.” Tiffany shook her head, the smile never leaving her lips. “This just reminds me of that time we first met.”


“Uh… Well…” Taeyeon fiddled with her hands before gesturing towards the living room. “How about you take a seat and I’ll make us some coffee?”

“Sure.” 

=== 

“Mom?”

Taeyeon was startled when she heard the little girl. “What is it baby?”

“Is Mommy staying for the night?”

“I…” Taeyeon glanced at the living room where Tiffany was sitting comfortably while tapping on her phone. “I don’t know. Why?”

“Can’t she stay for the night?” Stephanie reached out for her mother’s hand. “Please?”

“I don’t know, baby. Your Mommy has to work tomorrow.”

“But…” The little girl pouted sadly.

Taeyeon couldn’t help but shake her head at Stephanie’s sad face. “Okay, I’ll ask her later if she can.”

“Yey! Thank you Mom.” Stephanie gave her a tight hug before skipping to the living room.

=== 

“Here’s your coffee.” Taeyeon handed the mug to Tiffany as she sat on the couch.

“Thank you.” Tiffany took it with a smile and scooted to the side to give the woman more space to sit on. “How was your trip?”

“It was exhausting. Barely had any sleep with all those long hours of traveling.” Taeyeon sighed and leaning back on her seat.

“Then you should go and take a nap.”

“It’s okay. I can just nap later.”

“Taeyeon…?” Tiffany carefully reached out to pat Taeyeon’s arm.

“Yeah?” Taeyeon groggily opened her eyes, she didn’t even realize that she had fallen asleep.

“I really think you should get some sleep now.” Tiffany placed the mug on the coffee table and stood up. “Come on.” She held out her hand and tried to pull up Taeyeon out of the couch. 

“Alright.” 

They walked through the hallway in silence and it was only until they reached Taeyeon’s room that the woman realized her daughter was missing.

“Uh, where’s Steph?”

“She said she’s going to play in her room.”

“Ah. Okay.” Taeyeon nodded.

“Are you sure you’re alright?” Tiffany placed her palm on Taeyeon’s forehead. “You look unwell.”

“I’m… I’m alright, Tiffany.” Taeyeon gently pried the hand away. “Thank you for worrying.”

“No problem.” Tiffany opened the door and ushered the woman into her bed, making sure Taeyeon was settled comfortably. “Sleep well. I’ll be outside if you need anything, okay?” She leaned down and placed a chaste kiss on Taeyeon’s forehead. “O-oh, I didn’t mean to…” 

Taeyeon was quick to grab Tiffany’s cheeks before she could completely pull away. “Um… Tiffany?”

“Yeah?” Tiffany tried her best to look at her in the eye but failed miserably.

“What… are you doing…?”

“I’m… I’m…” Tiffany sighed and held the hands on her cheek as she sat on the edge of the bed. “I… don’t know… I just… missed you so much.” She shifted her gaze back to Taeyeon and saw a tiny smile on her face.

“Well… I missed you too. I miss you every day.” Taeyeon lifted the covers and urged Tiffany to lie down beside her. “Come here.”

Tiffany bit her lip as she hesitated but soon got under the covers, making sure there was enough space between them. “Taeyeon…?” She asked when Taeyeon scooted closer.

“Yeah?”

“Is it…”

“Is it what?”

Tiffany braved herself and turned to her side, meeting Taeyeon’s loving gaze. “Is it too much if I… If I ask for another chance?”

“Another chance for what?”

“Us? You… me… Steph…” Tiffany sighed as she held the woman’s cheek, brushing it lightly with her thumb. “I know I don’t deserve a second chance after everything but…” She scooted closer, her nose touching with Taeyeon’s. “I love you… I still do...”

Taeyeon could only smile at the shaky voice and before she could even stop herself, tears were slowly running down her cheeks.

“Why are you crying…? I’m so sorry.” Tiffany immediately pulled Taeyeon in a warm hug, brushing her hair gently as she cooed soothing words into the woman’s ears.

“I-I’m just… I don’t know… I don’t know what I’m feeling.”

“I’m sorry.”

“You don’t have to say sorry.” Taeyeon wiped the tears away and pulled back. “I think… I’m just overwhelmed.” She took in a shaky breath before turning back to Tiffany. “I stopped hoping that this day would come… but… here you are…” Her lips twitched into a smile when Tiffany gave her a peck on the cheek. “I love you too.”

=== 

“Mom!”

Taeyeon had a huge smile on her face as her daughter ran up to her, arms flailing in excitement. “Hi baby. How was your day?”

“I got 3 stars today!” Stephanie waved the booklet in her hands.

“Wow! Great job!” Taeyeon ruffled the girl’s hair and gave her a kiss on the cheek. “I’m so proud of you, baby. How about we have some ice cream to celebrate?” The little girl let out a squeal while hugging her mother tightly. 

“Oh, I forgot to bring my lunchbox!” Stephanie exclaimed upon realizing something was missing. “I’ll go get it inside.”

“Okay. Hey… no running!” Taeyeon called out but her daughter had already ran back to their classroom. She shook her head in amusement and turned around a moment later when she felt like someone was looking at her. True enough, she saw a middle aged man near the school gates, not too far away from the all too familiar black car. After much deliberation, she walked to the old man and greeted him politely. “Hello sir. It’s been a while since we’ve met.”

“I thought I’ve made things clear, Taeyeon.”

“It wasn’t me.” Taeyeon looked at him straight in the eye. “She found us. I don’t know how but she did. I made sure she won’t find us.” She let out a deep sigh at the cold gaze staring back at her. “I’m so sorry. I…”

“Just stay away from her.” The old man cut her off.

“I…” Taeyeon could only nod in defeat as she watched him walk back to his car. “I’m sorry for your loss, sir.”

The old man nodded in return before going in and left without saying another word. 

=== 

“Taeyeon…?” Tiffany called out softly, brushing her palm against the woman’s cheek. “Something on your mind?” 

Taeyeon shifted to her side and covered the hand gently, a small smile plastered on her face as she stared at Tiffany.

“What’s wrong?”

“It’s just that…”

“What is it?” Tiffany scooted closer.

“I met your uncle 2 weeks ago.” Taeyeon said with a sigh.

“Uncle?” Tiffany stopped caressing the smooth skin and raised her brows in surprise.

“Your uncle Vincent. Saw him at school and…”

“Did he do something to you?” Tiffany’s voice was filled with anxiousness that made Taeyeon smile. “Why are you smiling?”

“Nothing.” Taeyeon shook her head then pulled off the hand on her cheek to entwine it with her own. “He didn’t do anything. He just…”

“Just what?”

“He told me to stay away from you.” Taeyeon looked down to hide her teary eyes.

“That’s it?”

“That’s it.” 

Tiffany let out a deep sigh and carefully lifted the woman’s head to meet her eyes. “So what are you going to do?”

“To be honest, I don’t know.” Taeyeon breathed before meekly turning her gaze to Tiffany. 

“Do you wanna stay away from me?”

“I…”

“Taeyeon…” Tiffany leaned in to kiss her on the lips. “For once, think about what you really want.” 

“Of course… I want to be with you.”

“Then let’s ignore what others has to say this time.” Tiffany gently held the woman’s face and pulled her for another kiss.

===
A/N: I really tried to stir this story into a much happier ending but then... it just won't let me. LOL Soooooooooo. Here it is!!! This is the last. I SAY NO MORE FOR REALLLLL!!! XD Okay, good night everyone! XD