Mistake

TaeNy One Shots
Title: Mistake
Pairing: Taeyeon/ Tiffany 
Rating: G
Genre: AU
Disclaimer: I don't own the characters. Fiction fiction fiction. 

Summary: *gasp* It was a mistake. *dramatic gasp*

===

“Hey, babe!” Tiffany s her arm around the petite girl’s waist and pulled her in. She leaned a little to take a better look of the other girl and as soon as she saw the girl’s terrified reaction, her grin instantly turned into a frown. “Oh god, I’m so sorry!” She almost jumped as she stepped away from the stranger.

The unknown girl just stared at her, displeasure written all over the face. She apologized numerous times and explained how the girl totally looked like her friend from behind but the petite girl didn’t seem to believe her. “I swear it was unintentional.” Tiffany raised both her hands. “I’m not a ert. I’m really, really sorry miss.”

The girl didn’t say a word but sighed instead. She gave Tiffany one last judgmental look before shaking her head then left. 

“What was that?” Tiffany furrowed her brows in confusion as her eyes followed the girl until she was out of sight. “So weird.” She shrugged nonchalantly and thought she should just forget about it. “Good thing she’s cute, though.” She unknowingly smiled when she remembered the cute round eyes staring back at her in horror. She walked back to where she should have met her real friend with light steps as she brushed the silly mishap off. Little did she know that it was one of the many silly encounters that they would have.

===

It was yet another weekend and Tiffany was happily talking on her phone while waiting for her friend to arrive. She decided to drop by at the nearest coffee shop and sat at the stool near the counter, thinking she wouldn’t be waiting for long anyway. “I know, I know. And after that night, he just disappeared.” She nodded vigorously as she listened to her friend on the other line and absently grabbed the drink on the table. “Yeah! And I was like…” She choked on her drink and looked at the plastic cup in horror. “What the hell? This isn’t mine!” The cup was placed back and that’s when she saw the petite girl looking at her with wide eyes.

It was that stranger whom she grabbed by mistake in the streets a week ago. And Tiffany thought her friend must have some kind of a bad luck because right now, she was waiting for that same friend and while doing so, she did something by mistake again, victimizing the same person. 

“Oh my god, it’s you again.” Tiffany frantically apologized and even offered to buy her a new drink to which the person declined. “But, please…” She glanced back at the cup and saw the girl’s name on it. “Taeyeon, please let me buy you a new one. I’m so sorry about my stupidity.”

“No, it’s fine. I’ll just get a new straw.” The girl answered somewhat in a very unfriendly way before grabbing her drink and left. 

“Oops, someone got mad. Again.” She watched as Taeyeon went to the condiments and threw the used straw before leaving the coffee shop. “Well, at least now I know that pretty girl’s name.” She shrugged nonchalantly and went back to call her friend.

===

"Hey y!" Tiffany smacked the petite girl's and laughed, draping her arm around the girl's shoulder. It's been kind of a wild night at her friend's friend's house party and with the amount of drinks that she had, Tiffany could barely distinguish one person from another. 

When the petite girl turned to her with a much horrified look, she almost immediately sobered up as Tiffany took a huge step back, hands up in the air. 

"Oh god, it's you!" Tiffany gasped. "Taeyeon! Oh god, I'm really, really sorry!" She frantically apologized and placed her empty cup along the stairs. "I swear I didn't mean to do that."

Taeyeon just stared at her with very accusing eyes.

"I thought you were my friend and... oh god." Tiffany smacked her forehead. "I'm so sorry." 

With a deep sigh, Taeyeon shifted her stance and prepared to leave. "Okay. Just... just be careful next time." She said with a hint of annoyance.

Tiffany nodded obediently and watched as Taeyeon disappeared into the kitchen. When the coast was clear, she chuckled to herself and shook her head. "I can't believe I smacked her cute ." She giggled before going to the living room to find her friend.

 
 
===
 
Cute, round eyes blinked back at her in confusion as she stared at the girl sitting across the table. Tiffany finally got sick of her friend’s constant nagging about finding a new girlfriend so there she was, quite unwillingly, sitting awkwardly right in front of the person that she had been meeting by accident. 
 
Taeyeon. Kim Taeyeon was the name. Apparently, they went to the same university but in different divisions, which made sense since Tiffany had never seen her in campus. Who would have thought that this pretty, little girl would be her blind date for the day? She had started to hate her friend for always getting her into trouble but not today.
 
“So, arts major huh?” Tiffany asked while stirring her cup of iced coffee, this time she made sure it was hers.
 
“Yeah.”
 
“You seem unhappy.” Tiffany sipped her drink. “Is it because it’s me?”
 
“I’m not really fond of blind dates.”
 
“Then why are you here?”
 
“My friend was so annoying and she...” Taeyeon got interrupted when Tiffany’s phone vibrated.
 
“Sorry, do you mind?” Tiffany asked apologetically to which Taeyeon only shook a head. “Hello?” Her friend’s loud voice had practically left her deaf after the phone call. “Holy .”
 
“What’s wrong?” Taeyeon stared at Tiffany’s pale face.
 
“God, I swear.” Tiffany hurriedly grabbed her phone and shoved it into her purse. “Taeyeon, I’m so sorry.” She took a napkin and scribbled her number on it. “I went to the wrong blind date, damn it.”
 
“What?”
 
“I’m supposed to meet my date at downtown, not here.” Tiffany stood up after making sure she had her things fixed. “Damn, and you’re wearing red too!”
 
Taeyeon furrowed her brows in confusion as she stood up as well.
 
“Here, my number. Call me?” Tiffany slipped the piece of crumpled napkin to Taeyeon.
 
“Well, I...”
 
“See you!” Tiffany waved and practically ran out of the coffee shop, cursing to herself for not reading the text message properly.

===
 
Tiffany was laughing loudly at her friend, the friend, while walking out of the library. The two ended up getting evicted after making a fuss inside. As they passed by the arts building, something caught Tiffany’s eyes that made them stop.
 
“What’s wrong?”
 
“I think I saw Taeyeon.” Tiffany dragged her friend.
 
“Who’s Taeyeon?”
 
“That girl I told you about.” Tiffany said while waving her hand dismissively and left her friend in the middle of the path walk. “Hey, Taeyeon!”
 
Taeyeon turned at the sound of her name and furrowed her brows as Tiffany approached her. She quickly looked away and put her earphones on to continue her homework.
 
“Hey Taeyeon.” Tiffany tapped the girl’s shoulder lightly from behind. When Taeyeon didn’t seem to hear her, she took a few steps and stood in front of the girl. “Taeyeon.” She waved her hand.
 
“What?” Taeyeon asked with a frown after taking off her earphones.
 
“It’s nice to finally see you in campus.” Tiffany had a bright smile on her face.
 
“Right.” Taeyeon mumbled and was about to grab her earphones when Tiffany held her wrist only to release it right away.
 
“Uh, not to be that person but...” Tiffany glanced away for a second before looking back with an awkward grin. “I was waiting for your message... or call but got none for weeks now so...” She gripped the strap of her bag tightly while watching Taeyeon’s confused facial reaction.
 
“What?”
 
“I was hoping you’d message me but...” Tiffany forced a laugh. “I guess not.”
 
“Huh?” Taeyeon put aside her stuff to stand up. “But you’re the one who didn’t reply.”
 
“What?” 
 
“I messaged you that day we met but didn’t get a reply.” Taeyeon exhaled in annoyance.
 
“Oh .” Tiffany smacked her forehead. “Can I see the number I gave you?”
 
Taeyeon just stared at Tiffany with a frown on her face before reluctantly grabbing her phone. She tapped the contacts app and searched the girl’s name then showed it to Tiffany. 
 
“Well, .” Tiffany grumbled to herself upon seeing the last digit of the saved number. “My always getting my phone number wrong.” She asked politely if she could borrow the phone to correct the number.
 
“You don’t memorize your phone number?” Taeyeon retrieved her phone with a half annoyed, half amused look.
 
“I know right?” Tiffany sighed. “Try calling me now and see if my phone rings.”
 
Taeyeon nodded and did as told. Tiffany’s phone rang a few seconds later and ended the call after confirming she got the right number this time.
 
“Well, that’s settled now.” Tiffany sighed in relief. “And since we’re already here and all...”
 
Taeyeon lifted her brow at the sudden shyness.
 
“Date this Friday after class? I mean if you’re available.” Tiffany played with the strap of her bag nervously.
 
“Uh, well...” Taeyeon thought about her schedule for the week before nodding. “Sure. Just text me the details, I have to go to class now.” She tiptoed and waved at her classmate who passed by.
 
“Nice. See you!” Tiffany smiled widely while watching Taeyeon walk inside the nearby classroom. 
 
===
 
Tiffany was beaming from ear to ear as she looked at Taeyeon from across the table. It was their 5th date and really, she didn't know how she was able to convice the other girl to go out with her for that long but there she was, looking all pretty while talking about her final project for the semester.
 
"Tiffany." Taeyeon stopped talking to call out the other girl who was clearly not listening.
 
"Yes?" Tiffany snapped out of her daze. "You were saying?"
 
"As I was saying..." Taeyeon continued. "We have to make a portrait for our final project. I just wanted to ask if you would like to be my model for it?" 
 
"Oh," Tifany blinked. "I would love to! When are you planning to start?"
 
"I was thinking about starting this weekend." Taeyeon tapped her chin in thought. "Are you available this Saturday?"
 
"Sure, I'm available!" Tiffany giggled when Taeyeon finally smiled.
 
===
 
 

A/N: I literally wrote this just now. I will edit this later. XD I would like to thank zakynthos21 for the idea!!! I changed it a bit but yeah. XD I'm sorry if this is VERY short. XD They write stories too! Check them out! hehehehehe *shameless promotion* XD