Fall

TaeNy One Shots
Title: Fall
Pairing: Taeyeon/ Tiffany 
Rating: PG
Genre: College AU
Disclaimer: I don't own the characters. Fiction fiction fiction. 

Summary: When you fall, you fall real hard. lol Does that even make any sense? XD
The point of view is quite messed up. lol But it's mostly Tiffany's. And the ones after the *** are part of the flashback! :)

===

"Taeyeon?" I held her face as she hovered above mine, panting.

"Yeah?"

"I like you." I know it's risky but I said it anyway.

As usual, she would just stare at me. She wouldn't respond. She does this all the time. And I wonder why do I keep on doing this when I know exactly what her reaction would be.

===

Days had passed by since that day. I haven't heard from her since then. I wonder if something happened to her. Then the days turned to weeks. I am seriously worried now. Maybe I shouldn't have said that. 

Now that I think of it, I haven't seen her in campus. Where did she go? So I sent her another message, asking if she's okay. I've sent a bunch of messages but I didn't get a single reply. I wanna call her but we agreed not to call each other. Sounds a bit odd, right? I'm still wondering why she wouldn't allow me to call her. 

I'm still regretting what I had said. Sometimes I wish I didn't fall for her this hard. Sometimes I wish I didn't go to that stupid house party. Sometimes I wish I didn't agree to enter this kind of relationship, whatever this is. Sometimes I wish I wasn't one of your girls. 

***
It was one of those nights when one of those popular kids would throw a huge house party. My friend from math class invited me and since I was bored at that time, I decided to drop by and see what happens.

It was going well, I had a couple of drinks, talked to random people, watched people pass by, and whatnot. I excused myself as I went upstairs to find the toilet. It was quiet up there. I walked down the hallway, occasionally opening the doors only to find bedrooms. It was the second to the last door, it was quite ajar so I lightly pushed it. I shouldn't have done that. The people inside were... Well, quite intimate. So I closed it and went to the other door and exhaled in relief when I finally found what I was looking for.

I almost screamed when I opened the door and saw someone staring at me. I think she was the one I saw inside that room. "Have you been waiting? I'm sorry if I took long." I stepped out and gestured for this person to go in.

"Are you alone?"

"What?" I found the question odd.

"Did you come here alone?"

"I did."

"Are you looking for your friend?"

"Uh... Yeah...?"

"Have you found them?"

"I did."

"So are you free now?"

"I'm going home, actually."

This small young person looked at her watch. "But it's still early."

"I'm quite tired and I feel like I spent enough time here."

"Too bad." She just looked at me, and I felt awkward. "Taeyeon." She offered her hand for a handshake.

"Uh... Hi...?" I shook it though I was obviously hesitant.

"Care to tell me your name?" She looked so cute when she smiled so I gave in.

"Tiffany."

"Tiffany. Nice name." She smiled again. "Can I get you a drink before you leave?" I'm not even sure if she was flirting.

"I guess I can use one. But only one." I held out my finger.

"Sure."

We were just talking about random things, getting to know each other and stuff like that. I learned that we're the same age and that she's taking a business major, must be one of those wealthy kids in campus. A couple of drinks later, I found myself lying in bed, her on top and lips pressed against each other’s.

"Are we seriously doing this?" I asked as I tried not to moan.

"You don't want to?"

"I'm not really into hook-ups."

She stopped and stared at me.

"What?"

"Why?"

"What do you mean by why?"

"Why don't you like hook-ups?"

"Because I find it stupid."

She chuckled. "Really."

"Yeah."

"So I guess we should just stop now." She was about to pull back but I grabbed her shoulder to stop her.

"But I can make an exception for tonight." 

She just smiled and did what she had to do. It was the best night of my life. 

***

I woke up the next day with a terrible headache. It was so bad that I thought I was still drunk because she was still there, staring at me. “Have you been watching me sleep?” I closed my eyes again since it was too bright.

“Just for a couple of minutes.”

“Hm…”

“You’re going to sleep again?”

“My head hurts.”

“Ah, bad hangover. I see.”

“Yeah.”

There was something about this person. She was kind, too kind I might say. She drove me home that morning with that obviously expensive two-seater sports car. I didn’t even bother rejecting the offer since I wanted to go home as soon as I could. She walked me to the door and waited until I was inside.

“See you, Tiffany. Make sure to eat then drink the medicine.” She smiled.

“Uh… Sure. Thanks.”

*** 

I wasn’t expecting to see her the next Monday. Outside the lecture hall. Waiting.

“Hi.”

“Uh… Hi?” I looked around and it seemed like she was alone. “Why are you here? You’re waiting for someone?”

“Yeah.”

“Oh. Okay. Well, I have to go now.”

“Wait.” She grabbed my arm when I was about to leave.

“What is it?”

“Where are you going?”

“Home?”

“You’re free for the rest of the day?”

“Yeah, but I plan to start that project our professor gave us last week.”

“Can I come with you?”

“What about that person you’re waiting?”

“You’re here now.”

“I don’t get it.” I looked at her like I seriously don’t get it.

“I was waiting for you.”

“Oh.” 

“So can I come with you?”

I just looked at her then around us. Why were people staring at us? “I guess you can.” 

*** 

“Um… This is totally not what I had in mind when I agreed for you to come with me.” 

“What’s wrong? I’m sure you could use a break.”

I tilted my head as she kissed my neck. She did it in a very gentle and unhurried way that made me give in easily. “I guess I could use a break.”

Ever since that day, I’ve been seeing her a lot. In the bedroom, I mean. I don’t know what got into me but I couldn’t stop myself from seeing her. I know it was purely about but she’s too damn attractive and she’s pretty good so I guess I really didn’t mind.

It’s been months and something about the way she treated me made me… . I shouldn’t be feeling this way. Do I seriously like her? I mean she’s attractive and all but… Seriously? I like her? Maybe just a bit infatuated. Yeah, maybe that’s it.

*** 

We were in the middle of doing things when I unconsciously said the one thing that I shouldn’t have. “I like you.”

She immediately stopped and stared at me, her brows furrowed.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to say that.” 

“No, it’s fine.” She smiled, a bit awkward. 

I didn’t want to ruin that beautiful night we had so I held her face and pulled her in for a passionate kiss. 

I was relieved when she messaged me the next day. I thought she would just disappear after what happened. I guess she just doesn’t see me in thatway. And I was clearly aware that I wasn't the only one she’s sleeping with. I saw her one time with another girl. For some unknown reason, I felt a slight ache in my chest. I shouldn’t be like this. We’re not even dating. Heck, I don’t even know what we were.

=== 

Well, there goes my sad one-sided admiration. I’m so stupid for having these feelings for someone who’s clearly just using me for fun. But what the heck am I doing here? Outside her apartment?

The door suddenly opened when I was about to leave. “Oh. Hi there, may I help you?” I’ve seen this person. She was that girl.

“I’m sorry, I think I got the wrong door.”

“Ah, no worries.” Then the door was closed.

I sighed as I shook my head. What was I thinking?

=== 

“Taeng, are you hiding from her?”

“What? Who?”

“You know who I’m talking about.”

“I don’t.” Taeyeon didn’t bother to look at her friend.

“Your girlfriend.”

“Since when did I have one?” She chuckled as she kept on switching the channels.

“Since your frequent visits to the political science building.”

“You’re a stalker now?”

“So you admit that you’ve been going there?”

Taeyeon didn’t move then grumbled.

“Why are you hiding from her? She’s been visiting your place for the 4th time this week. Not to mention the other ones for the past few weeks.

“She’s clingy.”

“You’ve been going to her place for months and you’re telling me you only realized that now? Are you kidding me?”

“Hey, rude.”

“Whatever.” Her friend plopped herself on the couch next to her. “What happened?”

“She told me she likes me. Thrice.” Taeyeon looked at her friend impassively.

Her friend exhaled in exasperation. “You’re still on this? Seriously?”

“What?”

“You and your commitment issues. Seriously Taeng, you should stop being like this and give her a chance.”

“Why would I even do that? They’ll eventually leave me anyway.”

“Can you hear yourself? How stupid can you get?”

“Stop insulting me.”

“I don’t care. Why are you so scared? It’s been years, Taeng. Haven’t you moved on? Aren’t all those stupid hook-ups enough?”

Taeyeon didn’t like what she’s hearing so she stood up and walked to the kitchen. She grabbed a can of soda and sat on the chair near the counter.

“You know what, you’re really stupid.” Her friend waited for any response but Taeyeon didn’t say a word. “You like her and you know it. You just don’t want to admit it because you’re scared. You’re going to die alone if you keep on doing this.”

“What are you talking about?”

“Haven’t you noticed?”

“Notice what?” Taeyeon was getting annoyed by the minute.

“You’ve been hooking up with one person for almost the entire semester. If that doesn’t tell you that you like her then I don’t know what will.”

Taeyeon couldn’t think of anything to respond to that. Her friend was right. She’s been hooking up with Tiffany and only Tiffany for the past months. 

“You finally got it? Good.” Her friend grabbed the abandoned can on the counter but it was empty so she went to the fridge and got herself one.

“Do you think she meant it?”

“Meant what?”

“That she likes me.”

“Are you trying to make me laugh? I don't think she will even bother to come here every week to check on you if she didn’t mean it.”

“Really, huh…”

Her friend nodded. “You should see her as soon as possible. The look on her face when she saw me wasn’t good. You have a lot of explaining to do, Taeng.”

“She was the one you were talking to at the door?!” Taeyeon slammed the counter.

“Yeah, why?”

“Why did you open the damn door?!”

“Because she was outside?”

“She didn’t even knock or ring the doorbell! The hell’s wrong with you?!”

“She’s been there for almost an hour. It looked like she needed some help.” Her friend shrugged nonchalantly.

“The hell?!” Taeyeon felt like her head was about to explode in anger. “The hell are you smiling at?!”

“You like her. A lot. Heck, you love her.” Her friend poked her forehead. “Ah, I can’t believe lovergirl Taeng is back.” She patted her head.

“What?!”

“You’re mad because you don’t want her to think that we’re hooking up.” Her friend shivered in horror. “Ew, never. Over my dead body.”

Taeyeon grimaced at the thought. “Damn it! This is your fault!”

“Blaming other people. Great. So mature of you. That poor girl… What have you done to her? What does she even see in you?” Her friend narrowed her eyes as she looked at Taeyeon accusingly. 

“Why are you so rude?” Taeyeon looked at her in disbelief.

“I wouldn’t be this rude if you’ve realized your feelings for her sooner.”

“I know, okay? I know… Even before she said she likes me.”

Her friend squealed in delight and hugged her tight. “Why have you been hiding this? Go out there and run after her! Don’t miss out on something that might make you happy again just because you’re scared. Stop torturing yourself, Taeng. You deserve happiness.”

Taeyeon just stared at her friend, overwhelmed. “Thank you, Sunny.”

=== 

It wasn’t ideal but it took her weeks to finally made up her mind and see Tiffany. She was about to knock on the door but it opened before her knuckles could touch it. “.” She hissed when she was now faced with Tiffany. She didn’t know what to say so she just stood there awkwardly.

“Why are you here?”

“Can I come in?”

“Why would I let you in?” Taeyeon stepped back a little. She had never heard Tiffany this hostile.

“I’m sorry for disappearing like that for weeks.”

“Why apologize? You didn’t do anything wrong.”

“It was wrong of me to disappear like that. And I didn’t reply to your messages.” Taeyeon looked at her expectantly. “Can I come in?”

“So you can screw my life over and over again? Well, thanks but no thanks.”

Taeyeon thought she was used to seeing the door being slammed on her face but she was wrong. She knocked again but she heard Tiffany scream get lost instead. “Damn it.”

===

I huffed as I climbed off the bed. I looked at the clock and it was only then that I realized it was past 7 in the evening. I stomped on my way to the kitchen as I remembered what happened earlier. The nerve of that girl to come here. Ugh! Great. There’s nothing to eat. Just great. Why does my life ?

I sighed as I opened the closet and took out some clothes and got dressed. I grabbed my purse and keys, making sure I got everything I needed. 

“Why are you still here?” I looked at her, sitting on the floor right across my apartment door.

“You’re going out?”

“No, I just got home. What else do you think?”

“Can I come with you then?” She slowly stood up and dusted her pants.

“Do whatever you want.” I locked the door and walked away.

=== 

“No, no. I’ll pay.” She quickly took the bill.

“Why are you doing this?” 

“I’m sorry, Tiffany.” She hesitantly reached out and held my hand. “I’m sorry for being…” She looked up when the waiter came back with her credit card. “Can we talk somewhere else?”

I sighed as I stood up. “Are you coming with me or not?”

=== 

It’s my first time seeing her in my place. Just sitting on the couch. And fidgeting. What’s wrong with her?

She awkwardly cleared . “So… Um…”

“I don’t have all night, Taeyeon. I have an early class tomorrow.”

“I’m sorry for not keeping in touch for weeks. I was… I was scared.”

I furrowed my brows as I don’t understand where this was going. 

“I…” She moved closer and placed her hand on mine. “That girl you saw in my place, she's my friend. There’s nothing going on between us.”

“You were there?!” I quickly pulled out my hand. 

“I was…”

“Then why didn’t you show yourself?!”

“I…”

I ran my hand through my hair exasperatedly. “The hell is wrong with you Taeyeon?! If you want to stop this, whatever this is, then you should’ve said so! You didn’t have to disappear like that and make me worry! Damn it!” I wiped the tear that just had to come out at this very moment. Damn it!

“Wha… Hey… Don’t cry…” 

“Don’t touch me!” I slapped her hand away when she was about to reach out.

“I’m sorry for making you worry. I’m sorry for being stupid, Tiffany. I really am.”

I just glared at her and stormed out of the living room.

“Tiffany…” I was totally taken aback when she hugged me. Come to think of it, we never did anything outside the bedroom. “Please hear me out…” She whispered and I shivered at the hot breath hitting my ear. Why does she have to do this? What are you up to? “The reason why I don’t respond to you every time you say it… It’s because I’m scared. A lot of things happened in the past that left me scarred. It was painful and I wish not to experience it again.” She sighed before releasing me and pulled my arm lightly, making me turn around. “I didn’t know what to do when you said it again after a long time. You saying that for the third time scared me. Because the look in your eye tells me it’s more than that, and I’m even more scared because I feel the same.”

“Wha…”

“I’ve been ignoring these feelings for a very long time. I knew what it was and I tried to deny it as much as I could. I… I’ve fallen for you before you did.”

I… I couldn’t believe what I’m hearing. She’s not kidding me, right? 

“I’m sorry for keeping this for months…” She tried to look at me. “Will you take me if I tell you that I love you?”

“What?!”

“I-I love you, Tiffany. I really do.” Her hand slowly dropped as she looked down. 

“You’re not kidding, right?”

She instantly looked up and shook her head vigorously. “I wouldn’t be here if I'm not serious.”

“Why are you even telling me this?”

“Because…” She cleared . “Because I want you to be mine.” She blushed as she sheepishly smiled. “Ti…”

Damn it, I missed you so much. I missed your soft lips against mine. How you stare at me in a daze when you pull back. The light touches. The way you said you love me… “Say it again.” I brushed her cheeks lightly.

“I… Will you say it back?”

“You’ll never know unless you do.”

She looked down and smiled. That cute smile where the dimple on her chin appears. “I love you, Tiffany.” She timidly said. 

I couldn’t help but return the smile.

“You won’t say it back?” Her eyes were sad, how adorable.

“Do you want me to say it back?”

“Only if you feel the same.”

“Then I love you too.”

===
A/N: I don't really like this story but I'll post it anyway. lol