Chapter 03

Afterlife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 03: Someone scorched me to death… except that I didn’t die.

 

Naeun didn’t die at that rocket launcher that was aimed at her.

 

She remembered how she stood there frozen down the stairs as the launcher fired at her, hitting her straight into her heart until everything out around her. She felt the scorching hit from the impact but as much as it hurt, it didn’t felt like dying… Like how she felt when she died.

She remembers her name of course, and also the fact of how she died. What she didn’t know was the reason why or who she really was.

The day she died was a gloomy morning. She was biking around their little town, maybe, when a big truck got out of control and hit her without second chances. Just like she disappeared to oblivion… well this is not oblivion but we could say it was right?

The next moment, Naeun opened her eyes to find herself lying comfortably on a couch, with a blanket above her bare body. She doesn’t have any clothes on….. And then she freaked out.

Gripping tightly on the blanket, she sat up and looked around to find out where she was staying. It was a grand room, filled with expensive tables and furniture, although no one is around. The ceiling has a nice chandelier as well but was turned off. Everything was dark, and that eerie feeling from before was back.

Where is Jung Eunji now…?

Naeun found herself looking out of the window, and saw that the weather changed already, same as the sky. Now the sky is light blue, with thick and dark clouds, a few specs of stars shining brightly at a corner.

It was as if the sky was destined to change into something every time, like it was a sky you’ll see in the animes and cartoons. It was different from the real world.

After a few minutes, she heard footsteps coming inside the room. Being frantic, Naeun immediately lied back down and closed her eyes, acting as if she was still asleep this whole time.

She heard the door creaked open and two people walked in. And they seem to be having a conversation.

“Eunji… you sure that we could trust this girl? I mean, sure she’s new and has no one but how can we be so sure she won’t betray us…?” a squeaky voice asked.

“Well… even if she betrays us, we are dead after all… It’s not that of a big loss…”

“Yeah and what about the festival…?”

“She seems nice… she’ll help, I guess…”

“You speak as if you know her. Do you even know her name?”

“Oh , I don’t! Is that even necessary?!”

“Ooohhh… crushing on someone you don’t even know the name of???”

“Ha-ha-ha… I don’t have a crush on her… Just shut up, Park Chorong!”

The laughter and chuckles from the other girl died down finally as Eunji walked over Naeun’s body and nudged her shoulders, trying to wake her up.

“I know you are awake, Miss… Are you feeling okay now?”

Naeun didn’t know how Eunji found out. But then this is the afterlife, maybe everything is possible. She opened her eyes, slightly blushing since he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter