Chapter 05

Afterlife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 05: I Had Coffee with the Scary Leader of the Supreme, uh... She Did

Location: Building A’s Rooftop

 

Chorong was drinking a canned coffee as the two relaxed in the rooftop, staring at the light blue sky up ahead. She said it was their study lesson time, but it doesn’t seem to start any time soon. Naeun, who was fidgety in her position, gets to see Chorong all relaxed as she looks up at the sky with so much endearment she doesn’t understand the reason off.

The surroundings were slower than the first day. The students don’t seem to crowd in that much by the lobbies and well the teachers too. It was like any normal high school except that she knows they were NPCs, pretty much like what Eunji told her.

“H-hey… I have a question…” Naeun finally started, as she can’t wait anymore…

“You said I’m dead… and you launched a rocket launcher straight at me to prove it… Eunji told me too that you can’t die here, but we can get deleted… What does that mean?”

Naeun saw the surprise in Chorong’s face as if the leader didn’t expect that big question for the first try. Well, Naeun’s right. Chorong thought then that Naeun would say something stupid, like all the newbies. Am I really dead? Can’t I go back? What about my family? I don’t belong here!

Those were the phrases Chorong expected, only to realize one thing. Naeun can’t remember anything.

Naeun’s such a lucky bastard.

“Deleted… much like saying your existence ceases to exist… It was either you disappear into nothingness or who knows, may be incarnated into a barnacle or a mushroom. I don’t know. The first time I got here, a loooooong time ago, I was wondering the same thing. If I get deleted, would that be for the better? Maybe disappearing would be better since I’ve got nothing to live for… Well, that was the case before until I found the beauty in this world…”

“Beauty? Like?”

“Like jumping down the highest floor in the main building with your friends for a bungee jump, except that there is no bungee or driving a stupid car in 200 miles per hour without a police running after you and putting you in jail… you know, those simple but worthwhile things…”

For the first time, that moment Naeun saw Chorong as something different, different from the scary girl she met the first time who carried that launcher. Now she understands why Chorong was picked the leader.

“That’s beauty for you?”

“Not just that…” Chorong faced her with another smile, a gentle smile as if she was mother who was thinking of her kids growing up… “

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter