Chapter 06

Afterlife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 06: Operation Wipeout

 

Naeun expected a Five Star Restaurant type dinner… But Naeun didn’t expect that.

 

“No one told me we would be stealing food…” She muttered to Chorong, who was chuckling as if she enjoyed it just the same. There were about four of them wearing aprons of chefs and waiters, walking around the kitchen and putting food in bowls and plates. The NPCs who were also dressed the same inside the kitchen were ignoring them, as if the four of them weren’t different. One thing about the NPCs too, they wouldn’t care and wouldn’t realize things like that. They have their sole purpose and it wasn’t their purpose to kick out students dressed like cooks because they weren’t authorized to be there.

“Do you want an onion soup? Or a mushroom soup?” Eunji asked considerately on Naeun as she was moving the cart carrying all of the foods they have.

“Uh… M-mushroom…?”

“Oh? We seem to have a lot of differences huh? I like the onion one…” Eunji smiled before taking two bowls of different soups in the tray and continued moving. Eunji was wearing a waitress suit and tied her hair in a pony tail that still looks cute on her. Naeun, who was tasked to assist Eunji followed silently behind, can’t help but steal glances at the other girl.

Touching her in-ear, Eunji heard something from the other line before frantically informing Chorong what was happening outside.

“Chorong! There’s a dispute in the main building’s lobby! Apparently the New Light’s Guild was attacking the frontlines. Seems like they heard about our operation!”

“Ah sht… can’t we get some food in peace even once?” Chorong cussed before throwing the chef’s hat on top of her into a bin. “Take the foods out of this kitchen into the fire exit. AND MAKE SURE NOTHING IS SPILLED, JUNG EUNJI! I’m heading out there with Bomi. Naeun, help Eunji in any way! Here!”

Chorong pushed her own cart towards Naeun before silently walking out of the kitchen, along with the stupid Bomi, to the front door where servings were taken out. As for the other duo, Eunji led the way to the other door heading towards the fire exit.

“Hey Naeun, take this!” Eunji passed out a gun to her.

Yes, a gun.

“E-eh--- I don’t know how to shoot!” Naeun frantically tried to throw it back to Eunji not until she saw the other grinning at her wickedly, which is totally different from the smiles she once had.

“Well you got to learn now. Let’s go! Some of the enemy’s guild members would know we are here… We have to take this to the rooftop pronto.” Eunji informed as she made sure the food and bowls were neatly covered with locked tops so nothing will be spilled. “Chorong unnie will seriously kill me a hundred times if her favorite waffles get ruined!”

“O-okay… But how are we even gonna take this up in the rooftop? The carts have wheels and dragging them up the stairs seems like—“

“You seem to forget we are in the afterlife already, Naeun. Anything is possible here!”

With that remark, Naeun noticed the other half of the stairs move until it forms an inclined plane. Realizing what just happened, she shot Eunji a look.

“Like how it was in a dream, we can create anything her from pile of dust, as long as you know the process how to do it. We don’t have much time Naeun, let’s go!”

Upon signal, a door from the lower floor bursts open and comes in two men in complete different uniforms. They have huge axes in their hands, their blades glistening as if looking at it cuts your life in half already.

“Oyy nice to meet you, matey!” One of the guys greeted in delight, making Eunji cuss as well.

“Dammit. Let’s go, Naeun-ah!” Wasting no time, Eunji nudged Naeun’s sho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter