Chapter 07

Afterlife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 7: Our place to stay, well an airplane to be exact.

 

It was the end of the day for them, well maybe… Naeun was following Eunji behind as they headed for the place they will stay in. Just moments ago she found out that the room they will share together doesn’t mean the room she woke up from. Turns out, Eunji was living in somewhere else away from the school. They walked for some distance until they were in a secluded place. Just when Naeun thought something was wrong, Eunji showed her the one thing she saw right in the place.

“It’s a plane…” Naeun commented, staring at the huge aircraft showing right in front of her. It wasn’t broken but you can’t technically say it works anymore too. The lights inside were turned off as Eunji walked up the stairs and opens the door to her home, well their home.

“Welcome to my place and I hope you like it…” Eunji muttered as she took a step inside and opens the lights, showing how beautiful it was inside.

“Why is an aircraft in here?” Naeun asked in curiosity as her eyes got captured by the twinkling Christmas lights around a small Christmas tree.

“I got it from the River Styx.”

“Like that river in Greek mythology…?”

“Surprised to find out that you remembered your Classic Mythology class.” Eunji smartly commented back.

“I don’t even notice that. It just went out of my lips….”

“Noticed that. You seem to be the smart type then I guess. Wait for your memories to come back; you’ll realize how much of a genius you could be…” Eunji snickered, “The River of Styx is kinda away from here and yeah, it’s just a representation of that river in the mythology. Apparently, it’s a river in the underworld… in here, it was a river of broken dreams and wishes when humans die. All you can see there is trash, the valuable things people loved but seem to watch the love fade away… Normally it was out of student’s grounds. In fact, it was prohibited… especially to us.”

“It was prohibited… but you still go there?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter