Chapter 01

Afterlife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 01: Welcome to the Afterlife! And well, fireballs too!

 

Naeun was dead.

 

She stood by the gates of the supposed to be ‘heaven’ but doesn’t seem quite like it. The atmosphere was kinda eerie, as if someone was watching her although nothing seems to be around. In front of her was a huge school, a high school to be exact, and started contemplating if it was really heaven or she has sunk down deep in the ground, in hell.

Well, but this doesn’t sound or look like hell at all.

Maybe the purgatory? Okay… so that thing exists, huh?

She was wearing a high school uniform then, but deep down she knows it can’t be since she wasn’t wearing a uniform when she died.

Naeun didn’t know where she was at that moment and was really lost, as if she wasn’t meant to be there at that exact moment. She can remember how she died, but no clue of who she really was and her whole life, and yet how it felt like. Oh she doesn’t even seem to want to know who she really was. There has to be a reason to forget your memories when you are dead anyway, right? Maybe for a new start.

However, this is not a new start she was hoping for some time ago.

Okay, what if I didn’t really die anyway? And was just saved by weird people and brought me in this weird world…?

That can’t be also. Because for once, the wide banner on the school gates were already a big proof of where she was at that moment.

Welcome to the Afterlife, new deadling (?)!!!

Someone got to be kidding me, right?

 

To be honest, Naeun doesn’t even know what to do that moment. She has been standing by the gates for some time now, the exact time unknown for time itself seems to not exist in that world. She was just left to look around and hope to find someone, or look up at the dark pale blue sky that shows the clouds. It has to be nighttime but she can’t be so sure either… She never saw a sky that looks like that. And for one thing, she can’t see any stars at all.

Now she was half wishing someone will lead the way and enlighten her with this whole wide world.

Thankfully someone finally did.

“Oyy! There’s a deadling here! A new one, I guess!” A particular scream of a boy caught Naeun’s attention to find a sudden visible tow

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter