[07] SoonHoon- My Serenity

Letters

"Jihoon!" 

 

Soonyoung dashed into the classroom, ready to tell his boyfriend about how he had scored the winning goal. He was stopped short when he actually saw Jihoon though. 

 

The room was empty save for Jihoon and it seemed that the younger wanted some natural light as company, seeing that the curtains were pushed to the side, the late afternoon sunlight flooding into the room. The light hit Jihoon enough to make his hair shine, shades of brown getting brighter under the light, but it was far enough not to distract Jihoon from his work. 

 

Soonyoung smiled to himself, closing the door after him quietly. He headed to where the other was, his footsteps getting lighter as he approached Jihoon. The younger looked up once Soonyoung's shadow fell upon his notebook, lips curving into a small smile when he saw who it was. 

 

"Hi." Jihoon whispered. 

Soonyoung tilted his head, chuckling once he confirmed his guess. Taking a seat across Jihoon, Soonyoung pulled one earphone from the other's ear, putting it in his own. "Hi to you,too." 

"Done with practice?" 

Soonyoung nodded, tapping the notebook between them. "Keep on what you're doing." 

Jihoon smiled sheepishly. "You won't mind waiting?" 

"Of course not, baby." Soonyoung reassured, bringing one of Jihoon's hands to his lips, kissing the knuckles gently. 

 

 

Jihoon blushed, nodding slightly before getting back to what he was making. Soonyoung closed his eyes as he listened to the song. It didn't have any lyrics yet and it wasn't familiar so it had to be one of Jihoon's new works. Between school and composing at the side, it was a wonder how Jihoon was surviving. 

 

Soonyoung opened his eyes slowly, drinking in the features of his smaller boyfriend. Jihoon had dark circles under his eyes and he was looking a little haggard but that was normal for him. Even though Soonyoung tried his best to take care of the younger, no amount of pleading for Jihoon to rest was enough. Soonyoung had to sulk and beg for the younger to actually take a decent break and go outside. 

 

"Baby..." Soonyoung calles out. 

Jihoon lifted his head,raising an eyebrow. 

"Come over later, okay? You need to sleep and you're not getting some when you're at your place." Soonyoung stated firmly. 

As expected, this resulted to a pout. "I still have another song I want to finish though." 

"Babe, knowing you,there's always another song." Soonyoung sighed when Jihoon glared at him. "I meant that you're a great composer but even the greatest of the great need sleep." 

Jihoon kept on glaring at him until he finally gave up, mirroring Soonyoung's sigh. "Fine. I'll just text Mom later. She'll say yes because it's you anyway." 

 

Soonyoung flashed him a grin, the ever smug feeling of being approved by Mrs. Lee coming back in waves again. The older had been worried about how Jihoon's mom would react about their relationship but it was all for nothing. Soonyoung was duly approved and welcomed into the family. 

 

Jihoon rolled his eyes, a typical reaction whenever Soonyoung did that. However, Soonyoung could see the small smile playing on the other's lips and he felt his own lips curve up as well. He always loved making his boyfriend smile after all. 

--

Soonyoung blinked his eyes open, letting out a small yawn as he took in his surroundings. He was still in their classroom with Jihoon across him but it was already dark outside. He must have fallen asleep without knowing again. He was about to apologize to his boyfriend when he realized that he recognized the song playing from the earphone. 

 

Baby, I just want to be your love

 

Soonyoung smiled as he remembered watching this drama with Jihoon and getting the younger to be so emotionally invested with it. Soonyoung loved that weekend, sleeping only when his mom told them to for the nth time, waking up to Jihoon shaking him because he wanted to know what was going to happen next and above all, holding Jihoon close as the princes started dying and killing each other. 

 

When the song ended, Soonyoung still had that smile on his faxe as he watched Jihoon do his schoolwork. Soonyoung was really amazed with the younger, even before they had started dating. Jihoon was always so dedicated and passionate to whatever it was that he was doing. It must be why despite the hours of sleep lost, Jihoon would continue to compose and make beautiful songs. The sweet, lovely voice from Jihoon whenever he sang his latest creation to Soonyoung was just a lucky bonus. 

 

Watching Jihoon right now, Soonyoung had to thank his lucky stars again for giving him someone so amazing. He didn't get why the younger liked him. Soonyoung was the ultimate opposite of what Jihoon treasured the most, peace and quiet. The older wasn't ashamed to admit that he was boisterous and loud. He was always up to something, body always aching to be on the go and he absolutely hated sitting still. The mere thought of doing nothing but remain in his seat without fidgeting made his skin crawl. 

 

 "Oh, you're awake." Jihoon whispered. 

 

But that was before Jihoon happened. 

 

Soonyoung smiled. "I like my view when I woke up. I should always wake up like this." 

Jihoon chuckled. "So cheesy." He grabbed his phone, pausing the music. "Jun dropped by when you were asleep. Said you scored the winning goal today?" 

"Ah, yeah." Soonyoung nodded, shrugging a bit. "I was going to tell you but I forgot." 

"Tell me now then. It must have been very exciting." Jihoon prodded. 

Soonyoung smiled, taking Jihoon's phone. "I will. Just.. Not now? Later before we go to sleep, I will."

"Okay, if you say so." Jihoon peeked at his phone. "I wanted to play soft songs while yoh were sleeping. Must have been boring, sorry." 

Soonyoung chuckled, playing the song from earlier. "Nothing wrong with some peace and quiet every now and then." 

Jihoon raised an eyebrow teasingly. "You love peace and quiet now? You, Mr. I Can't Sit Still To Save My Life?" 

"Well, I love you, don't I?" Soonyoung replied smoothly, enjoying the blush across Jihoon's cheeks. "Besides, I like sitting still with you. It gives me more time to appreciate the view." 

 

Jihoon blushed even more, lowering his head in attempt to hide his face. Soonyoung shook his head in amusement, lifting a hand to tip the younger's chin up towards him. With a fond smile, he let their lips meet in a kiss that was as soft as the whisper of the night. 

 

~

A.N: Happy birthday, Jihoonie!! Hahaha few mins late for country but i tried. ♡♡ 

I knowI've been neglecting this and I am judging myself actually. For a lot of things. Haha

 

Still, thank you for reading. xx let me know what you think and let us all wait for the boys' comeback!Love youuu! :3