[06] ChanSol- Missing You

Letters

Hansol felt miserable. And it was a feeling he didn't think he would associate to his free day in what felt like forever. 

 

Exams, projects and homeworks had piled up in the last month and Hansol had just barely gotten out of the zombie like state he was in recently yet he felt miserable. 

 

Maybe miserable wasn't the right word. Maybe it was lonely. 

 

Zombie like Hansol meant no Chan and no Chan led to a sad Hansol. 

 

Chan was still in the high school back home and though there was only a 3 hour commute from Hansol's college to his hometown, Hansol had barely visited ever since this semester had started. Chan had been more than understanding though, assuring Hansol that he was doing fine and that Skype dates were enough. Never had Hansol felt more proud and more in love with his boyfriend then. 

 

This past month was pushing their relationship into a real long distance relationship though. Hansol had gotten busy with the load and Chan was preparing for the Halloween dance showcase that their school hosted every year. For the first few days, the two of them tried to continue their routine, Skyping while doing their homework and talking about their day. It had been a huge fail though. Hansol was more focused on whatever schoolwork he was doing and the small chatter that passed through his concentration ended up as part of his homework, causing him to groan aloud as he had to redo them. Chan's practice for the showcase started ending later and later until it physically pained Hansol to see the younger try and talk to him when Chan looked like he was about to collapse. 

 

The two of them weren't clingy with each other but still, Hansol's heart ached as he thought of his boyfriend. He missed Chan so much. 

--

"Date on Saturday?" Chan echoed. 

Hansol hummed as he grabbed his book. "Yeah, we can go anywhere you want. Just... I just want to go out with you." Hansol mumbled into the phone, knowing that the younger would hear it anyway. 

Chan sighed, voice much softer this time. "I want to. Trust me, I do. But the showcase is coming up so we're going to have a practice the whole day." 

"Oh." Hansol answered,unable to hide the disappointment in his voice. He looked down at the floor, chewing on his lip until the feeling washed away. 

"Hey...  Brown Eyes, is everything okay? I can skip a day if there's something wrong. Just say the word." Chan said seriously which just made Hansol feel even worse. Even the admittedly cheesy nickname didn't help. 

Hansol shook his head, sighing when he remembered that Chan couldn't see him. "No,I'm fine. Everything's fine, my dinosaur." He cleared his throat. "Uh, I have to go. Got to run for class. Talk to you later." 

"If you say so." Chan replied. "Later then. I love you." 

"And love you more." Hansol said, voice thick with emotion. "Bye." He quickly hang up, running to head out of his dorm as he tried to avoid the lingering sadness he felt. 

--

The day dragged on until Hansol could feel the ache in his bones. He wasn't even sure if he wanted to rest or wanted to do something fun. Everything just felt too heavy right now. And Hansol had no one to be miserable with. Jun and Minghao had gotten an early break from their deans and was back at home in China, constantly sending hansol updates bout their trip together. Seungcheol, Junghan and Mingyu were at basketball training and basically just lived in the gym. 

 

Hansol sighed, tipping his head back as he watched the sky. He felt pathetic; Chan had already given him an option to push their date on Saturday but he was the one that said no. Even though he was hating himself right now, Hansol knew it was the right choice though. Chan was the head and main star of the showcase. It made no sense for him to skip out on practice just because his boyfriend was a pathetic boyfriend. 

 

Without having any real plans on what to do, Hansol ended up on his bed again. He tried getting some sleep but his mind wouldn't cooperate plus there was a constant throbbing in his head. Hansol already knew that he was getting a migraine and no one was even there to hear him whine. With no little effort, Hansol pushed himself up, grabbing his phone and wallet as he made his way out. There was only thing that could cure him and it wasn't here. 

--

Hansol was seriously second guessing his idea of coming to Chan's school. The commute had only made his migraine hurt even more and he wasn't even sure if Chan had practice at school or somewhere else.

 

Hansol groaned, crouching down by the gate as he waited for the younger. Chan always went home to change and grab something to eat before their practice started unless there was a lot of work to be done. Hansol hoped that wasn't the case because he wasn't sure if he could wait until late night. 

 

"Hansol?!" 

Hansol groaned again. "Too loud, ." He said, clutching his head. He raised his head, trying to smile when he saw who it was. "My dinosaur, hi."

"Don't hi me. What are you doing here? Why didn't you say you were coming? Why are you on the floor?" Chan asked in succession. 

Hansol grimaced, the pain shooting up even more. "Wanted to see you. Head hurts."

Chan's eyes widened, crouching down in front of his boyfriend as he held onto Hansol's arms. "What can I do? What do you need?" 

"Just you." Hansol murmured as he leaned into his boyfriend's side. 

--

Hansol opened his eyes slowly, a bit surprised when there was no throbbing from his head. He blinked his eyes, clearing out his vision and saw the familiar room of his boyfriend. Hansol smiled, grabbing the dinosaur plushie he had given Chan and hugged it to his chest. He nestled into the warmth of the younger's bed, all the dreadful feelings flying out the window. This was exactly what he needed. 

 

"You look pretty happy there." 

Hansol opened his eyes, unable to notice when he had closed them in the first place. "I am." He patted the space beside him. "I'd feel even better if you were here though." 

 

Chan chuckled, closing the door before crossing the room. He settled down on the edge of his bed, fingers combing through Hansol's hair. Hansol hummed, pushing his head further against his boyfriend's hand, eyes falling shut again. Gently, Chan pushed him further on the bed, laying down beside Hansol as arms wrapped around Hansol's frame. 

 

"You said everything was okay." Chan said softly but Hansol could hear the reproach in the other's voice. 

"I am fine.I'm fine now." Hansol admitted, kissing Chan's cheek. "Sorry to make you worry. How long was I out?" 

"It's almost midnight now." Chan replied, letting out a soft sigh. "I don't need your apology. I need to know when you're sick or something. And you even went here! What if you fainted on the bus?!" Chan said with exasperation, voice rising as he got even more annoyed. "You should have just stayed at the dorms, Hansol. Why did you come here?"

"Because I miss you." Hansol said calmly, caressing Chan's cheek, eenjoying the sight of the younger relaxing against his touch. "My head didn't hurt that bad earlier but I kept thinking about how I missed you, how long we haven't seen each other." He paused when he saw Chan frown. "I'm not mad or whatever you're thinking. I get that this year's going to be hard for us. I just... I just really missed you, Chan. I'm not used to not having you there." 

 

Hansol could hear the younger's breath hitch and he took this chance to press forward, kissing Chan gently. Their lips moved softly and slowly against each other's, the two of them taking their sweet time with each other. Hansol pulled back reluctantly, choosing to press butterfly kisses all over Chan's face, taking pleasure in the soft sighs that came out from his boyfriend's mouth. 

 

"I miss you too, by the way." Chan whispered, finger tracing Hansol's face. The younger smiled when Hansol kissed his finger whenever it was close enough to his mouth. "I can't believe you're such a sap when you miss me though." He teased. 

Hansol chuckled. "I guess that's what happens when you're in love." 

Chan blushed, hiding his face in his pillow. "Don't say things like that." He said, voice a bit muffled.

"This is probably the only time I'm sappy, enjoy it." Hansol chuckled, pressing a kiss to Chan's shoulder. "Wait, did I make you miss practice? Oh . And so close to the main day. , I'm sorry." 

Chan raised his head, hitting Hansol's shoulder. "Stop cussing so much. I can practically hear Jisoo hyung scolding you." He rolled his eyes when Hansol pouted, patting his boyfriend's shoulder. "And you say you aren't cute." 

"I only act cute with you." 

"You should." Chan agreed. "Anyway, the other guys didn't mind that I wasn't there. Some of them already saw you so they pretty much guessed I wasn't going to show up. Besides, you fainted on me! Did you think I'd just leave you in my mom's care?"

Hansol laughed. "Your mom loves me." 

"A little too much." Chan frowned. "Besides, I love you more." 

"Now,who's being a sap?" Hansol smiled. "I love you too. Even if you choose to sleep with a dinosaur plushie instead of me." 

Chan huffed, taking the toy from the older. "You gave this to me so of course I'd sleep with it." 

Hansol stuck his tongue out, reaching for the toy before putting it on the floor. "Well,I'm here tonight so I want you to just focus on me." 

"Bossy." Chan laughed, pressing his face in the crook of Hansol's neck. "I can't wait to go to college next year. We're going to have all these nice dates at campus. I'm going to see you dressed in those leather pants in person." 

"Okay, wow, wait. Junghan hyung forced me to wear those. I don't wear them everyday." Hansol interjected. 

"Yes, but you will. And you'd look great in them." Chan sighed happily. "I wouldn't have to wait the whole day just to see your face through a blurry screen anymore. I don't have to pretend that Sollie is you. I can hug the real you." 

Hansol smiled, nodding as he hugged Chan closer. "I can't wait for that too." 

~

A.N: omggg this was so... omg hahaha i had butterflies writing this. Probably because I'm talking about my crush with my friend. 

 

But on the side note, have you seen chan these days???Boy is growing up so fast omg

 

Anyway enjoy and please leave comment ♡♡ love you xx