[05] JiSol- At Peace

Letters

Hansol sighed for the nth time within the hour as he listened to his friends whispering quite loudly to each other. He spared them a glance, rolling his eyes when Soonyoung paused mid-story to wave at him. He just wasn't in the mood for them right now. 

Hansol forced his attention to return to the lecture that he was attending. The lesson was actually pretty interesting and he wanted to actually learn something from this. He had been taking notes earlier but then their professor switched slides faster than he could write so he just gave up on it. Since note taking was out of the window, his only hope was to listen. Only it wasn't working out as well as he had planned. 

 

Hansol couldn't remember why Soonyoung was here, his hyung being two years ahead of him but as for Seungkwan and Seokmin, they were actually his classmates for this class. Seokmin had a full load last year and had to drop World Lit. Seungkwan didn't even like Literature but once he heard Seokmin would be attending, he had signed up as well. For the most part, Hansol didn't really mind having his friends around for his class. They were good company and Soonyoung always brought him these small muffins that Jihoon would make if he was in a good mood. It was a win win situation honestly. 

 

Until, one of them got bored with class and started horsing around with the others. Seungkwan had been fidgety ever since the start of their day, rambling to Hansol about something that the younger couldn't really understand. Maybe it was an open mic something? It was close to that anyway. Whatever it was, it caused Seungkwan to start messing around in class, poking Hansol then Seokmin after Hansol had glared at him. Soonyoung just looked on amusedly, texting Jihoon discretely until Seokmin grabbed his phone. That caused quite a ruckus, even catching the attention of their professor who glared at all four of them. Hansol was beyond offended. 

 

After that incident, Hansol had kept his mouth shut, lips set in a firm line as he ignored whatever his friends were up to, annoyance just bubbling under his skin. Among the four of them, he was the one who really wanted to take this class and had actually taken a liking to his professor. Their professor might be young, only a few years older than them but he was obviously well read and well versed in what he was teaching. His eyes spoke of a passion for the subject and Hansol appreciated that more than anything. 

 

Which is why all the ruckus from beside him was just making Hansol feel even more annoyed. 

 

"Oops, sorry, Hansollie." Seungkwan said, giggles mixing in with his words when he elbowed the younger's ribs. 

Seokmin laughed. "Uh oh, I think you made him mad, Boo. Jisoo hyung's going to lecture you later." 

"Jisoo hyung loves me. I always make sure his boyfriend actually socializes." Seungkwan said proudly, turning to Hansol. "Isn't that right, Hansollie?" 

"Is there anything you want to share to the class,Mr. Boo?" Their professor said sharply, eyes piercing holes at their faces. "You know what? I don't even want to know. Mr. Kwon, Mr. Choi, Mr. Lee and Mr. Boo, out of my class right now. You've caused enough disruption for this session. And don't even think about coming back next week if you're just going to act similarly." 

Hansol gaped, standing up quickly. "But I didn't even do anything, Sir!" 

"Do not lie to me, Mr. Choi."Their professor sighed. "I was expecting more from one of my top students." He pointed at the door. "Go. Don't create more trouble for the others who actually want to learn." 

 

Seungkwan was nudging Hansol to move but the younger just huffed. He knew he had to move soon before they got into more trouble but he was feeling really mad right now. It took Soonyoung and Seokmin pulling on both of his arms before Hansol actually moved. 

 

"I'll forward the audio recording of the lecture to you. Don't worry." A voice behind them whispered gently. 

Hansol raised his head, smiling gratefully. "Thanks, Rocky. I owe you one." 

"Sure thing. Now, go before he gets even more mad." Rocky said, winking at Hansol before focusing back on the class.

 

Upon reaching the exit, Hansol shook off the hold of his hyungs, keeping his eyes trained on the ground. He could hear awkward shuffling in front of him but he didn't care right now. Actually, he just wanted to leave. 

 

"Hansol, look, we-" Soonyoung started. 

Hansol shook his head. "I don't want to talk any of you right now, sorry." 

With that said, Hansol spun on his heels, drowning out the calls of his name as he headed to his source of peace. 

--

Jisoo was having a pretty great day. His only class for the day was cancelled due to a faculty meeting and that meant more time to actually finish the song he was writing. He had finally fixed the awkward transition between the bridge and the chorus and had already half the song ready. 

 

Guitar on hand, Jisoo headed to their living room, knowing that Seungcheol would be there. The older just raised his head from the book he was reading, making room on the floor. After taking a seat, Jisoo instantly played the song. He had been working on the song long enough that Seungcheol immediately recognized the intro. 

 

"Oh,hey, you got it right now!" Seungcheol exclaimed when Jisoo stopped playing. "I like this much better than last week's version." 

"I was half asleep last week." Jisoo countered, strumming the guitar lightly. "But thanks. You get home pretty early today, right? Mind helping me with the lyrics?" 

"Aw, can't. I have a date with Junghan." Seungcheol said with a small frown. "You can just ask Hansol, you know." 

"You also know that the song is a surprise for him." 

"Well, what about Jihoon?" 

 

Their door flew open just as Jisoo was about to reply. He only saw a mess of golden brown hair before Hansol was crouching in front of him. Seungcheol looked mildly surprised and amazed as well. 

 

"Uhm, hi?" Jisoo said confusedly. He glanced at the wall clock by their table. "Shouldn't you be in class?" 

Hansol didn't answer, just removed the guitar from Jisoo's hands and straddling the older. "Pay attention to me." He mumbled, more like whined, against Jisoo's neck. 

Jisoo couldn't help the blush spreading through his cheeks. He and Hansolweren't a touchy couple so every time that Hansol did something like this, Jisoo couldn't help but feel shy. "Is everything okay, love?" 

"And that is my cue to get out." Seungcheol announced, getting up before ruffling Hansol's hair. There's some chocolate in the fridge. Help yourself to some, kid. You look like you need it." 

"Thanks, hyung." Hansol mumbled. 

Jisoo sighed, rubbing circles on his boyfriend's back. "He said thanks. See you later?"

"Don't mind me, Jisoo. See ya! I'll text you if I decided to sleep over at Junghan's." Seungcheol said as he gathered his things. He gave them one last wave before shutting the door behind him. 

 

Jisoo hummed, leaning back against the couch as he waited for Hansol to speak again. This was something that Hansol did on his bad days and Jisoo knew better than to push the younger until he was ready to talk. 

 

After a few minutes, Hansol pulled back,looking up at his boyfriend. "Carry me to bed?" 

"Of course." Jisoo said easily as he gripped Hansol's thighs to hold onto him. 

 

Jisoo had done this enough to feel familiar, comfortable even, with the solid weight of his boyfriend in his arms. Reaching his room, he nudged it aside, thankful that he hadn't closed it properly when he left, before putting Hansol down on the bed. Hansol kept his eyes on Jisoo as the older got on the bed as well, settling himself against the headboard as he waited for the younger to join him. 

 

Hansol quickly crawled closer, settling himself between Jisoo's legs as he leaned back against the other's chest. The warmth that Jisoo gave off was already enough to make Hansol feel relaxed already. 

 

It was quiet between them, the only sounds were the muffled noises of cars from the distance. Jisoo hummed softly, waiting for Hansol to calm down some more. 

 

"I got kicked out of World Lit." Hansol finally said, voice sounding weak. 

"What?" Jisoo exclaimed, surprised at the words. "Did I hear that right?" 

"Yeah..." Hansol trailed off. "Shocking huh?" 

Jisoo tightened his arms around the younger's waist. "Oh, love. Why? What happened?" 

"Boosoonseok were back at it with their antics. They were so noisy today and I got kicked out because of them!" Hansol complained, squeezing Jisoo's hand. "First time getting kicked out of class and it was my favorite subject. God."

"Don't say that." Jisoo sighed. He knew that Hansol was genuinely upset. World Lit was the class that the younger looked forward to the most and the class that Hansol put most of his efforts in. "Want me to talk to them?" 

"Yes. No. I mean, I don't know? I was rude to them." Hansol huffed, tone changing to his guilty one. 

"You? Rude to them?You're only ever rude to Seungkwan and me though. How were you rude?" Jisoo asked. 

"I'm not rude to you. And if I amthat's cause you were rude to me too." Hansol argued, tilting his head back to look at jisoo. 

Jisoo chuckled. "Whatever you say,love. Anyway, you were saying? How were you rude?"

"I just left them,I guess. Soonyoung hyung was trying to apologize but I was too pissed off and just headed here." Hansol explained, turning around to face his boyfriend. "Do you think they hate me now?" 

Jisoo smiled,cupping Hansol's cheek. "Of course they don't hate you. Why would they? They probably know by now that they did wrong so they'll probably apologize to you soon. If you're feeling that guilty about it, just say sorry to Soonyoung when you next see him." 

"Oh." Hansol smiled. "Yeah, I'll do that." 

"Thatisn't the only thing on your mind though?" 

Hansol's smile dropped. "Do you think they'll take my scholarship away? Scholars need to have stellar behavior as well and i got kicked out of class. I dont want that to happen, love." His eyes were starting to get watery at the notion and Jisoo felt his hear drop. 

"Sshh, thatisn't going to happen." Jisoo assured him, pulling Hansol closer to hug him to his chest. "Your Lit prof absolutely loves you. Just explain what happened and I'm sure he'll be willing to forgive you." 

"I sure hope so."

"Love, all of your grades there are A+. I highly doubt they could just pull the scholarship from under you."

"I hope Rocky remembers to send me the recording later." 

Jisoo raised an eyebrow. "Rocky? As in dance club Rocky?" 

"Yeah, why?" 

 

Jisoo fought the grimace making its way to his face. Rocky was cute, dances well and could even cook. Oh and he had a crush on Hansol that was unfortunately a secret up until now. Jisoo had known the moment he saw Rocky looking at his boyfriend and he didn't know whether to love or hate Hansol's obliviousness. It was that same obliviousness that allowed the two to become close despite Jisoo's disapproval. 

 

"Love?" Hansol asked, poking him. 

Jisoo shook his head, pressing a kiss on each of Hansol's eyes. "It's nothing. Just message Rocky about it later." 

Hansol had a confused face when Jisoo pulled back. The younger was looking at him with genuine confusion and there was some part of Jisoo that was finding it beyond adorable. "Hey, love. I have a question." 

"Hmm, what is it?" Jisoo replied, smoothing out Hansol's hair. 

"Why are you jealous of Rocky? I heard Jihoon and junghan hyung talk about it and I didn't want to believe them but your face.. It just does this weird, sad thing whenever I mention him." Hansol said without batting an eyelash. "Don't you trust me?" 

"I do. Of course, I do." Jisoo quickly reassured him. "I just...How do I explain being jealous?" 

Hansol chuckled,shaking his head. "You can be so stupid, huh? Love, you don't have to be jealous of Rocky or anyone. At all. Ever." He paused, giving Jisoo a soft smile. "Do you want to know why I went here after what happened? It's because whenever I'm with you, it's like whatever is going on inside my head stops. My whole body feels light and happy when I'm with you. I can just literally watch you do your homework and I'd be okay with it. I get antsy when we're apart for a long time and you're the first person I look for when I wake up." 

Jisoo laughed, that shy, soft sound that came out of him when he wasflustered and didn't know what to say. "Don't curse, you child." Jisoo said lamely because seriously, what could he say to that?

Hansol rolled his eyes. "I love you, too."He started getting up from the bed. "I want to eat the chocolate seungcheol hyung was talking about." 

Jisoo pulled Hansol back, kissing him gently on the lips. "I love you." 

Hansol giggled. "I know. Now, feed me some chocolates." 

~

A.N: my jisol hearteu ♡♡I mentioned something about the rare ships coming and tho this isn't rare, it's sort of like a preview of the other rare ships i might make. Hahaha 

 

And for those reading Fall For You as well, I am writing the last chapter.It's just taking a while but hopefully it'll be worth the wait. ♡♡ 

 

Thank you for your comments and support. Love you all! xx