Live Ball

Home Run (Rewriting & Deleting)

Tzuyu tried to ignore all the looks the other girls gave her as she waited for her turn to bat.

 

Chaeyoung was surprisingly very quiet as they waited and Tzuyu didn't like it. If she could turn back time she would go back and stop herself from bringing it up. Now she worried that mentioning it would influence the other girls opinions of her.

 

Chaeyoung went up to bat and Tzuyu watched with anticipation. They had two girls on base and one out, her triple strike out earlier had given them a chance to catch up. All Chaeyoung needed to do was hit them a home run or an RBI to get even.

 

Tzuyu watched as Chaeyoung hit the ball, making it fly over Coach Yeeun's head and land on the grass just inches from the left fielders glove. It was a close on and the runners were only able to advance one base.

 

It was Tzuyu's turn to bat with bases loaded and she knew that everyone was anticipating her hit after her reveal. Her knuckles turned white as she gripped the bat tightly, falling into the familiar mood, her mind going blank as she thought of nothing but the ball. She was used to pressure, to the eye's watching her. She only had to focus on the ball.

 

As she analyzed Coach Yeeun wind the ball she knew that it would coming for her faster then normal. She wanted to see exactly what Tzuyu was capable of and Tzuyu was ready to show her.

 

The ball flew towards her and Tzuyu swung.

 

Tzuyu watched in surprise as the ball flew above everyone and directly over the fence.

 

“Go Tzuyu!” Sana yelled.

 

She looked over towards first base to see Sana jumping and waving her over. One of the other girls trying out, Minyoung, pushed her forward as she ran in home. Tzuyu broke into a slow jog as she ran towards Sana and first base.

 

Sana patted her back excitedly as she arrived and pushed her towards second.

 

All the girls waited at home as she ran around, congratulating her for the hit. She ducked her hair, as they ruffled her hair and patted her back.

 

“That's it for today ladies, see you all tomorrow.” The coach called, smiling over at Tzuyu, “Good job today girls.”

 

Tzuyu packed away her gloves, both catching and batting, and threw on a sweater as she prepared for her walk home.

 

“Hey Tzuyu, want to go home together?” Sana walked up to her.

 

“Um, do we live near each other?” Tzuyu looked at her in surprise.

 

“Sort of, well not really.” Sana laughed, “I live in your direction. But not exactly the same area. We take the same bus, but you get off before me.” She further explained.

 

“Oh, um, sure.” Tzuyu nodded.

 

“Great!” Sana smiled, “Come on! It'll get dark soon and I don't want you walking out in the dark by yourself.”

 

Tzuyu hoped that Sana wouldn't notice the way her cheeks reddened as she grabbed her and pulled her away from the field. Tzuyu barely had time to wave goodbye to Chaeyoung before they left.