Putout

Home Run (Rewriting & Deleting)

It was Tzuyu's turn to bat and she had to calm herself down as she stepped into the batters box.

 

“Tzuyu fighting!” Chaeyoung yelled out.

 

“Tzuyu fighting!” Another voice called out.

 

Tzuyu looked over to see Sana sending her two thumbs up and Tzuyu had to look away, she couldn't let her distract her.

 

The weight of the bat felt good in her hands as she bended her elbow and leaned her body, readying herself for the pitch. The time spent waiting for her turn had given her the perfect time to evaluate the speed of the machine and she was ready when the ball flew towards her.

 

With perfect timing, Tzuyu hit the ball.

 

Tzuyu always considered herself a strong hitter, although her home run average was normal, her hits were usually fast, line drives. Infielders typically had a difficult time catching her balls in time.

 

She continued to hit the balls with no struggle and soon enough Nayeon was facing her and Tzuyu prepared herself for a real pitch.

 

Hitting off Nayeon was different but not difficult. Even so, Tzuyu was impressed with her skill.

 

After batting practice was finished, they moved on to the scrimmage game.

 

Tzuyu knew that this was her chance to finally showcase what she was finally capable and she anticipated her position as the coach sorted them into spots.

 

“Tzuyu, you'll be first baseman.” The coach instructed, looking at her clip board, “I'll be pitching to make things fair.”

 

Tzuyu felt her protest on her tongue and bit the inside of her cheek to keep from speaking up.

 

She silently walked over to her position as the older girls lined up to bat. She met Sana's eye's briefly which expressed her apology.

 

The game was rather messy as the more inexperienced girls struggled to catch and throw the ball and Tzuyu found herself having to exert herself to catch the wild balls. When it came to bat, Chaeyoung and Tzuyu were the only one's able to hit off the coach and they were unable to score as the other girls out. She felt herself growing more and more frustrated as the there ining game progressed.

 

She desperately ached to switch teams and even more so to pitch. She was sure if she was on the mound she could strike a few of the girls out and give her team an advantage somehow or at the very least stop the other team from scoring. But she was stuck on the first base.

 

“Hey, why don't you offer to pitch the last ining.” Sana whispered to her as she crouched, ready to run to second.

 

“I don't want to be rude.” Tzuyu muttered, although she began to contemplate Sana's idea.

 

“Coach won't penalize you for asking.” Sana said before she took off in a run as the coach threw the ball.

 

Tzuyu took her words in consideration and waited for the perfect time to ask.

 

She had managed to catch a ball from Dahyun, and get the ball to Chaeyoung in time to get Sana out, giving them their final out. As she waited for her turn to bat, she decided to ask when they went out on the field.

 

Chaeyoung managed to score them a home run and their first score for the game, giving Tzuyu the excitement she had been craving.