Time

Home Run (Rewriting & Deleting)

“Um coach.” Tzuyu walked up to her as the teams changed positions.

 

“Yes Tzuyu?” The coach looked at her curiously.

 

“Is it okay if I pitch this ining?” Tzuyu bit her lip, crossing her fingers behind her.

 

The coach pondered for a second, “I don't know if that would be fair.”

 

“Please,” Tzuyu desperately pleaded, “I think it will even out the odds for us.”

 

“I guess there's nothing wrong with giving you a shot,” She sighed, “I assume you know how to pitch, right?”

 

Tzuyu nodded, “Don't worry, I'm experienced.” She said confidently.

 

She took the ball from her hand and turned it in her hand, her whole body buzzing with the adrenaline that being on the mound gave her.

 

“Tzuyu's going to try pitching.” Coach Yeeun called out as she made her way to Tzuyu's old position at first.

 

Jihyo was catching and a girl names Jungyeon with short hair was up to bat. She was a strong batter from what Tzuyu had seen earlier and Tzuyu anticipated pitching to her.

 

She closed her eyes as her body naturally relaxed into the familiar position. Opening her eyes with determination, she loaded the pitch, and then fired it down the line straight towards Jihyo's glove. Jungyeon hadn't had the chance to swing before the ball was passed her and she stared wide-eyed at Tzuyu. Jihyo lifted the catchers mask in awe as she stood from her crouch.

 

Tzuyu's eye's flickered over to Sana who clapped happily before she looked back toward Jihyo, waiting for the ball to be tossed back her way.

 

She smirked, just a tad bid, as she prepared to repeat the previous fastball. She was showing off just a little bit, sure, but she was like a kid in a candy store standing on the mound. She felt at home for the first time in a long time.

 

She managed to strike Jungyeon out, and then Dahyun and then Mina.

 

“Time out.” The coach called out as she approached Tzuyu.

 

Tzuyu's mood went from joy to worry as the coach made her way towards her.

 

“What was that kid?” She asked in wonder, “I don't think I've ever seen anyone pitch that fast lower then the minor league.” She said, her face displaying her shock, “I don't think even college kids can pitch like that.”

 

Tzuyu blushed at the praise, the other girls had all come to surround her in the time the coach spoke.

 

“See, I told you coach!” Sana chirped, wrapping her arm around Tzuyu's shoulder, “We got our selves a crown jewel right here.”

 

Tzuyu smiled shyly at her words.

 

“How long have you been playing? Where have you been playing?” Nayeon questioned.

 

“I've been playing since I was five… and I was in the Taiwan Rockets.” She muttered.

 

“The Taiwan Rockets?” They all gasped.

 

The Taiwan Rockets was known famously for being one of the strongest youth softball teams in the world. The Rockets played all over the world and their popularity and wins were incomparable. Tzuyu had been their starting pitcher and the pressure from the team had almost broken her. Her parents had taken her out of the team and moved them to South Korea not long after.

 

“Woah.” Sana said, her hand slipping off her shoulder.

 

Tzuyu immediately regretted having told them and hoped none of their views would change, especially not Chaeyoung and Sana's.