Too cute

Rewritten

“CHENG XIAO!!!”

Everyone in the room was startled at the sudden yelling of her name and looked towards the door, to the incredibly alarmed figure who had just nearly avoided bumping straight into Luda and knocking her down, unable to stop herself in time from her urgent run. Luda was leaning against the door, completely stiff, as if shielding herself from the impending attack.

The girl at the door continued taking off on a clumsy run to the side of Cheng Xiao’s bed, until she was stopped by Doctor Nam’s arm. However, she never took her eyes off of the patient’s, whose eyes were also completely fixed on hers. Cheng Xiao’s breath was taken by the girl’s beauty. She was incredibly tall, long brunette locks, and had the most charming face she ever remembered seeing – at least, more than the other two faces she knew so far, although she had to admit both Luda and Dawon weren’t anything close to ugly. Those beautiful almond-shaped eyes and that unique, cute, downturned nose looked familiar to her. She definitely remembered her face (how could she forget it?), but unfortunately, that was all thus far.

“Hey you! What do you think you’re doing, yelling like that in the hospital?” Dawon’s face was now back to the serious and superior expression from when she first entered the room. “And running like that? You almost knocked people over and you were about to crash into the bed. Hadn’t we told you she wasn’t in danger already? Did you really have to make such a scene?”

Only when Doctor Nam finished talking did the tall girl’s gaze break away from Cheng Xiao’s. She turned to the doctor apologetically, straightening herself up and taking a few steps back.

“Ah… I’m really sorry…” She was nervously giggling while apologizing, with a hand scratching the back of her head, trying to lighten up the mood.

Luda sighed and loosened up seeing the girl calm down, making her feel out of danger.

Dawon exhaled and turned to Cheng Xiao. “Alright, we’ll leave you two alone for a second while Luda goes to get you a meal. We need to get you ready to perform some more checkups on your condition now that you woke up. It’s so we can make sure it’s nothing serious and you can go home in no time.” She looked straight at the previously panicked girl and pointed straight at her. “And you, don’t cause any more scenes if you don’t want to get dragged out of here.”

The girl bowed politely as the doctor and the nurse left, the latter pointing at the button to remind the injured girl to use it, then smiling before closing the door behind her.

Silence fell between the two girls left, who simply stared at each other, analyzing one another.

“So… I guess I really worried you a lot, right?” Cheng Xiao started shyly, smiling warmly.

She was in fact very embarrassed about having such a pretty girl in front of her, who cared so much about her to the point of waiting outside who knows how many hours, and on top of that not even remembering her name.

“W-well, yes. But it’s no problem really! I stayed because I wanted to! Don’t worry about it!” The girl seemed almost startled when Cheng Xiao spoke, her cheeks turning pink, and the rhythm of her speech highly accelerated.

Somehow, noticing this girl was just as embarrassed as her made the laying girl feel a lot more comfortable.

“I feel really, really bad about asking this but…”

“Son Eunseo! Your next door neighbor. It’s really nice to meet you… once again.” The tall girl answered, cutting her off. She bowed and extended Cheng Xiao a hand.

The girl in the bed took her hand and shook it, giggling melodically. This made Eunseo turn a shade closer to red than to pink.

“It’s really nice to meet you… again, Eunseo. I’m… Cheng Xiao, apparently.”

“I-I mean, that’s what you were going to ask right? You said you’d feel bad about asking it, so I tried to answer before you asked it. But it’s not like you need to feel bad or something, you could have asked it anyway. I know you don’t remember me, but that’s fine, I’m not offended or anything like that. I mean, why would I be? Oh my god, I’m sorry, I’m just going to shut up now.” Eunseo kept fidgeting and shooting words and sentences into the air, babbling way too fast for her brain to keep up with what was letting out. 

Cheng Xiao was still smiling at her throughout the whole speech. She was fascinated by this girl, feeling bad about herself for having forgotten someone like her. She hoped she would be able to recall something about this girl really soon, as the doctor had told her she would likely remember things as she was exposed to them. Likely.

She had been with her for just a few minutes, and that was all she needed to be able to tell Eunseo was anything but mundane and ordinary.

“Eunseo…”

“Y-yes?” Eunseo bolted up, stiffening.

“You’re still holding my hand…”

As Cheng Xiao said this, Eunseo looked absolutely mortified and let go of her hand abruptly, dropping it on the side rail of the bed, which made Cheng Xiao let out a soft “ouch”.

“Oh my god, I’m so so so sorry!” The tall girl said between really deep bows, her face now redder than red itself.

Much to her surprise, Cheng Xiao laughed out loud, leaving her in an incredibly puzzled expression.

“Ow! Ow!” The girl in the bed cried in between laughs, bringing her hand to her head, since laughing that much had made the back of her head hurt. She gradually stopped laughing.

“W-what’s so funny? A-a-aren’t you hurt?” The still-frozen stiff Eunseo asked.

“No, it barely hurt at all, I was just startled.” Cheng Xiao was still smiling right at Eunseo. She was afraid she had been smiling at her like a fool for way too long, making her interest come across way too obviously. “You… You’re too cute.”

So much for not making it obvious...

Just when Cheng Xiao thought she couldn’t embarrass the girl (and herself) even further, she proved herself wrong. After all, she had no idea how close she was with her before the incident… maybe they weren’t that close, since she seemed to be so stiff and uptight. And there she was, telling her she was cute. How did that even come out of ? Had she always been that upfront?

“I-I’m really sorry, I didn’t mean to make you uncomfortable…” She frowned slightly.

“You make me uncomfortable?! I’m the one who’s sorry. First, I cut you off. Then, you’re already injured and I almost broke your hand too…” Eunseo paused for a second and looked down at her feet. “B-but you know, I’m actually happy I made you laugh. It’s the first time I’ve seen you laugh. Or even smile so genuinely, for the matter.”

I never smile? Or laugh? Why? Was I… a bad person? If there’s something in my life that makes me that bitter, maybe I’m better off not knowing about it. But… I’m eventually going to find out right? Sooner or later.

Just as Cheng Xiao was about to open to ask Eunseo what she meant by that, the door lock clicked, and Luda entered the room with a food tray. She was actually really enjoying her time with Eunseo, and was cursing the fact she hadn’t had the time to ask her about anything related to her own life at all. It was as if she forgot about everything that was worrying her, about the panic of not remembering most of her life, when she was focused on her. It was as if Eunseo had stolen all of her attention. She definitely had to find out more about this girl… and herself.

 

---

A/N: Well, here goes another update. I hope you like it. Eunseo made her appearance, and she already caused quite an impression on a certain someone :) More WJSN will be making their appearances soon, so I hope you look forward to that. Also, I didn't expect to get any subs or comments with only one chapter, so I'm really happy. Thank you so much :D