Chapter V

Ink
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sowon gave a quick look to her schedule, only to find it blank. She hadn’t realized that she was free until sixth period. Roaming around the empty halls with her footsteps echoing, she decided to find a small corner to just sit and read for a bit. That was the plan at least, until she found herself walking towards the soft sound of the piano playing again, nostalgia creeping inside her, closing the sparkling chestnut eyes and pulling her inside the melody.

Sowon noticed Yuju behind the piano, her shoulders still tensed, her eyes still closed, her fingers travelling the tiles slowly, because passion wasn’t enough to Yuju. Differently from Sowon, there was no ‘perhaps’ inside Yuju’s life, no ‘almost’. Things either happened, or they didn’t, and when they didn’t she would smile and blink her eyes, before opening them again and making the impossible happen. Yuju was that one special ingredient that added flavor to everything, even if she wasn’t trying. It was easy for Sowon to look past her golden armor, into the burning emotions of her soul that were being released through the strong notes of the piano which were echoing inside the room. Yuju’s music was a thin line between pleasure and pain and the messy thoughts Sowon has been having lately drowned quite quickly in the notes, her eyes locked in the small glass that helped her see through the door.

“The little blossom is good, isn’t she?” the cheeky voice that had become so familiar to Sowon now, whispered behind her back, SinB’s smirking lips inches apart from the older girl’s neck.

“Stop barging into my life like that,” Sowon whispered back in half a scream, the familiar yet inexplicable pain in her chest twisting and turning, filling her head with despair. But SinB didn’t seem to notice. She just kept tiptoeing to stay in Sowon’s eye level and smirking annoyingly.

“Why aren’t you in class anyway?” Sowon managed to ask again, uncomfortable by how the younger girl had such an effect on her.

“And where’s the fun in that?” SinB asked again wetting her lips and Sowon was reminded that it was the second time the younger girl gave her this question as an answer, noticing that maybe SinB was searching for something more to life that there was, always trying to find more satisfactory things than the average normal.

“Whatever,” Sowon mumbled looking at her converses and trying to walk away with her slowly breaking heart and heave chest, when a hand was gripped tightly on her wrist, spinning her around and pulling her closer.

“Ah, I’m bored,” SinB said in one of her whines, wrapping her arms around Sowon’s neck, the older girl’s hands mechanica

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter