Chapter XVIII

Ink
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So next chapter will probably be an epilogue. I'm tired and bored with this story if you haven't noticed. I hope you guys enjoy this chapter. xx 

It was indeed December that month and Sowon would have never thought that days turned into nights and back into days so quickly. They went on monotonously, with Sowon getting to know little things about people around her, but somehow never making any sense of how she used to be, or who she used to be. She would enjoy those little moments when SinB sat next to her, fingers interlocked, making the time stop even though the clock kept ticking. She would always find herself asking the younger girl questions that most of the time didn’t get a reply. They would both sit in silence, Sowon counting the ticks of the clock and SinB staring outside of the window, her presence as cold as the snow outside, but that didn’t stop Sowon from feeling warm inside.

It was December and Sowon kept counting the days until her release from the hospital. She found counting a way to keep her mind sane. She counted everything, from the way the clock ticked when it was quiet to the beeping machine next to her bed, from the people who would visit her to how many times SinB her lips when they were together. She counted until numbers become a mess inside her head not allowing it to think about a forgotten past.

A faint knock on the door took her out of her thoughts and she made herself comfortable on the bed, her eyes fixated on the doorknob which was slowly turning.

“Hey,” SinB popped up, a grin plastered on her face.

“Hey,” Sowon said in a chuckle noticing how the younger girl looked cozy inside her clothes, with her nose as red as the sweater she was wearing.

“Take this,” SinB said lending Sowon her coat. “Sorry I went through your things.”

“You did?” Sowon asked in a whisper, her hand touching the soft material, unsure if it belonged to her or not, unable to sense anything familiar in it.

“Come on, we’re going for a walk,” SinB quickly filled the silence noticing the sad smile on Sowon’s lips. She helped the older girl put on her coat, the cloth hanging from the left shoulder due to the badly broken arm that was still healing.

They walked in silence, the white walls of the hall making Sowon’s insides twist. SinB kept dragging her shoes as she walked, her lips chewed and her eyes with dark circles under. Sowon could only imagine the demons swallowing the younger girl as she twisted and turned in her bed from her own nightmares, but Sowon wouldn’t dare to ask about them, too scared to even take a step closer to the coldness of the younger girl’s beating heart.

Don’t get her wrong though, it’s not because she didn’t want to, but because she didn’t know how.

SinB was the one who, for some unknown reason, made Sowon’s heart play an unknown tune that didn’t match the beats which she counted on the machine next to her bed. She was the one who allowed Sowon to not have a past without feeling like she had lost something. SinB was everything Sowon wanted to remember, but yet, was glad she had forgotten, the emotions the younger girl made her feel were too strong to let her be sane. One step closer to SinB and she would go mad.

It was only when they got outside and Sowon felt the cold winter wind travel her skin that she became aware of the distance between her and the younger girl. The way today SinB was cold, unusually cold, covered behind her thoughts and sighs that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter