Chapter XII

Ink
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Well guys, I just wanted to say thank you a lot for you support and sweet comments 
Really 
you have no idea how much I appreciate every single one of them. I am literally giggling to my phone each time I read them and it gets super awkward because I usually posts chapters before I sleep and I read the comments the next day in school and all my friends look at me weirdly. (they don't know I write so..) also I am really sleepy and I am not editing this chapter I am super sorry about any grammar mistakes and stuff. (English is not my first language just in case you don't know) 
Anyway I really hope you enjoy the chapter and I love you all and yeah that's about it xx 

“Excuse me,” a voice called, but Sowon ignored it, being absolutely sure it wasn’t directed to her. Even if it was, it was going to need a lot more than a person calling, for Sowon to get out the empty void where she was standing, lost between her thoughts and emotions.

Sowon was cold. Her whole body was shivering and she could barely warm herself inside the sweater she was wearing. Her knuckles had turned white from holding the key that Yerin gave her too tightly, as if it was the only thing that could open the gates to heaven. Her nose was red from the cold and her sleepy eyes teary, lips chewed, taking a deadly shade of dark red which merely reflected into deep purple in the dim light of the moon.

Sowon was cold. The colder it got, the more she felt. She traced her fingers on the window of the bus and looked at how beautifully the lights of the street lamps melted on the black tar. She craved the danger of getting out and rushing to SinB, but she could barely move, trapped inside the sweater she was wearing, so the wheels of the bus kept going, sometimes getting closer to her stop and other times far away.

“Miss,” the voice called again, “where do you exactly want to go?”

Sowon lifted her head up slowly to meet the driver’s eyes. The girl standing behind the steering wheel could probably be a few years older than her, golden hair falling on her shoulders, chestnut eyes looking sweetly at Sowon from the rearview mirror. Sowon looked at the key she was holding, her hands still white, her lips still shaking. Sowon was cold, but she didn’t mind that, because she knew that it was colder where she was going and she wasn’t ready.

“You’ve been going full circles with me five times in this area already. Do you want to go somewhere else? I doubt that there are any passengers at 2:45 AM. I can take you where you want,” the driver spoke again, but Sowon just shrugged.

“I have to get off two blocks away from here,” Sowon mumbled and silence filled the atmosphere once again, Sowon’s eyes drifting on the window as the key stayed safe inside her palm.

It didn’t take long for the bus to stop and the driver to look at Sowon again, this time turning her head, only their breathing cutting the silence before a loud sigh was heard from the girl behind the steering wheel.

“Still don’t want to get off?” she asked and Sowon nodded sniffing and rubbing her eyes. “Well, ready for another drive around the area?” the girl asked enthusiastically and Sowon smiled lightly at her, the bus leaving the stop and driving away.

“It’s beautiful, isn’t it?” the girl asked and Sowon looked at the reflection of her eyes in the rearview mirror. “This place is so quiet at this time. There’s something about it, you know?”

“I guess,” Sowon mumbled, “it’s so monotonous and boring, you could almost sense that something exciting might happen.”

“Like you,” the girl replied in a chuckle and Sowon looked at her confused. “I mean, who thought that you would chose the cold nights instead of a warm bed to stay at this hour?”

Sowon laughed a little at that, but didn’t answer, because she knew that her bed wasn’t as warm as it should be when it wasn’t filled with SinB’s scent and it didn’t have her cold body neutralizing the temperature, making her arms the best place to fall asleep at.

“Are you waiting for someone?” the girl asked and Sowon didn’t move her gaze from the window this time, noticing that they were getting close to her destination once again.

“I’ve been for a while.”

“Is the person waiting for you too?”

Sowon didn’t answer, her voice not reaching her vocal chords and the air around her turning into heavy poison once again that made her breath hitch. Her vision drowned in the burning lights that got blurry as tears formed in her eyes. The driver seemed to notice, because Sowon felt the bus stop again, at the same spot, the building where she was supposed to get into standing right in front of her.

“Tell me something,” the girl said as she locked her eyes with Sowons, “is it painful to be the person who waits? Or is it more painful to be the person who makes others wait?”

Sowon smiled, because she felt like she had the answer, but at the same time she didn’t. She felt like she had heard the words somewhere, but at the same time they sounded foreign.

“Either way,” the girl talke

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter