Chapter XVII

Ink
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'm so tired lately. How do I become less tired omg life is such an energy er. All filled with humans and stuff to do. Stressful I tell you. But I managed to write a new chapter and I hope you enjoy it loves xx 

“It has started to snow,” SinB said lazily as Sowon woke up. She looked at the older girl whose eyes were still sleepy and half closed, her bruises had turned from purple to green, slowly healing, painting her sunkissed skin with the color of the leaves. SinB stared at the older girl for a little while more before turning her attention towards the window, her eyes stuck on every snowflake that fell. It was as white outside as it was inside the hospital walls, but somehow here was warmer, looking at Sowon made her feel warmer.

“Is it December yet?” the older girl mumbled, her fingers playing with the hem of her sheets, still unable to keep track of time and space.

“Does it matter?” SinB chuckled while taking a seat beside her, her fingers mechanically intertwining with Sowon’s. It was one of those childish acts that Sowon couldn’t understand, couldn’t put a name to. One of those things that still didn’t make much sense to her.

She looked at SinB and thought whether it mattered what month it was or not. She felt like it did. It was slowly hurting her more not knowing than having 5 broken bones. It all seemed to matter, every detail, every moment, every face.

She hated seeing thousands of familiar faces with no names which twisted her insides and dug a hole inside her ribs. She hated hearing jokes that made everyone laugh but her, because she couldn’t put all the pieces together. She hated to see people who cared enter the room with sad eyes and loving smiles that Sowon couldn’t return, her confusion forever being plastered in her face. She hated not knowing who she was, or what she was made of. She hated being empty. Even a little glimpse of the past, even a quick look at it would fix everything.

Anything seemed better than nothing.

She felt her thoughts get cut off when soft knuckles were pressed against her cheek, taking her out of her head. And she felt her insides twist again, but this time it was probably because the raven haired girl in front of her was the only person who came alone whenever she met Sowon. She also never made jokes related to the past that Sowon couldn't understand. She sctually never mentioned the past, as if she had forgotten about it too.

“Are you okay?” SinB asked, her voice low, almost in a whisper, sending shivers down Sowon’s spine. She her lips as her hand travelled to Sowon’s hair, fixing it and tugging some loose parts behind the older girl’s ear, her fingertips drawing patterns at Sowon’s temple, soothing it.

“It’s loud,” Sowon mumbled, “and empty.”

“Loud and empty?”

“It’s like parts of my brain have been carved out, but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter