Perfect

Crossed Paths
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I know I told some of you that I'll be updating sooner but obviously didn't. I was supposed to update a week ago but unfortunately, I accidentally deleted the file so I had to recall everything and rewrite it again. So here it is! Enjoy! =)) 

 

P.S. As usual, pardon my typos! =)))

 

Chapter 49: Perfect

 

Third Person’s P.O.V.

 

The ladies of the family were bonding in the kitchen while waiting for the gentlemen to come home. Jessica invited her grandmother along with Krystal and her mom to just leisurely spend their day in the house, keeping in mind the old age of her Grammy. Besides, they’ve seldom done this before. It’s time to try something new.

 

“Hey mom.. you know I’m not really good with baking  so I don’t know how this will turn out.” Jessica pouts, feeling sorry for herself, as she pours in the flour, eggs, water and other recipes in the mixing bowl to make good brownies.

 

“Well, it’s a good time to learn now. You should put much effort on that so next time it wouldn’t be as hard.” Her mother advised as she watches her move.

 

Krystal was also doing her own version of cookies. “Mom, how do I make this soft and chewy?” She asked the most experienced as well.

 

“Make sure the dough is in the right texture and moisture. I’ll check it later before you start shaping them.”

 

“Would it be done in time for our dessert?” Their Grammy chimed in, excited to have a taste of her girls’ hard work.

 

“That depends if dad and Bubba will come home late.” Krystal answered.

 

The mention of her father made Jessica turn her head up. “I wonder how their day went.. I’m worried.”

 

“Trust your dad this time.” Soojin, her mother, beamed assuringly at Jessica but the latter pursed her lips into a thin line – not yet convinced by her mother.

 

“It’s really hard to believe..” She paused lowly. “..after what he persisted on me when I came home from Jeju.”

 

The sadness on her face couldn’t be missed but she disregarded it all out, not wanting to ruin the mood. In such a way, Jessica’s words caught the oldest woman’s ears.

 

“What? Did your father do something?” Hana worriedly asked.

 

“Albert doesn’t really approve of Yul and they both ended up fighting.” Soojin explained for her.

 

“And what did you do?” The concern showed through her tone and her eyes. Hana despises this kind of situation but they somehow had to intervene – for the benefit of the whole family when in comes to business.

 

“I told him he went overboard and I made sure he doesn’t interfere with Jessica’s love interest too much anymore.”

 

Hana breathed in contentment, she’s pleased that Soojin is doing her job as a mother. Next, she turned to look at Jessica.

 

“Jess, are you really sure of him that you’re even willing to fight with your dad?”

 

“I couldn’t fight my feelings, Grammy.. I just really had it when he tried to separate me with Yul. I can’t do that, it would be hard for me. And for the record, I never felt so hurt like that before.”

 

Hana smiled sweetly at the young, and in love girl in front of her. “You really do love him, don’t you? But not to spoil you, knowing your grandfather and Albert, marriage wouldn’t be missed out on their conversation even if you two are still too young for that. Do you think Yul is ready to hear that?”

 

The worries in Jessica’s head increased. She never really thought of it and that subject never happened between her and Yul.

 

Is she ready? Is Yul ready?

 

Jessica sighs.

 

“I hope so.” The words she only managed to say.

 

---

 

After an hour of chit-chat and baking, Junseo and Albert finally came in, looking tired and famished.

 

“Hi, my lovely ladies. What are you doing? I’m hungry.” Albert welcomed them with a smile when they saw them cleaning up in the kitchen and kissed them one by one on their heads.

 

“At last, we’re home.” Junseo muttered in relief.

 

Krystal excitingly turned around when she noticed them come in. “We baked!”

 

She couldn’t wait to see their priceless reaction when they taste her cookies.

 

“Wow. My girl is baking now?” Albert giggled.

 

“Of course. Trying something new with Grammy, dad. I’d also love to make some before they leave.”

 

“That’s great!” Junseo nodded in delight but soon turned his face into a pleading one. “Though should we eat dinner now? I’m starved.”

 

“Oh, yes. We prepared it in the garden.” Soojin rapidly said and walked them out.

 

Junseo took the seat at the end of the table while Albert was at the other end. Krystal and Jessica are sitting beside each other then Soojin and Hana are in front of the young girls. Once they start eating, the two exhausted men couldn’t be more catered of good meals. They exhaled as they indulge the foods they were eating in such a classy way.

 

“So how did your day go?” Soojin asked what Krystal and Jessica were itchy to do but too reluctant to speak. They inwardly thanked their mother for it.

 

“I could say it went great. I’m really happy Krystal and Jess found gentlemen who have dreams and respect.” Junseo answered.

 

Albert agreed to his father as he slightly nodded his head. “I already cleared things with Yul and Amber. And I hope they can keep up with their words.”

 

Jessica couldn’t believe her ears. She took her courage before asking, “Does that mean.. you.. already bless us being together?” She carefully spoke – afraid that the answer to her question might disappoint her.

 

Albert paused then showed a face without any hints. “What do you think?”

 

Krystal pouted her lips. “Dad, please don’t be a tease.”

 

The old man chuckled. “Well..” he inhaled and patted his slightly greased lips with his napkin. “..yes.”

 

Jessica’s mouth went agape. The information clearly wasn’t sinking in. She couldn’t believe it just happened.

 

Why?

 

What’s happening?

 

The questions accumulated in her mind.

 

“Dad!! Seriously?!” Jessica blurted out loudly and intuitively stood up, her hands covered .

 

Albert smiled melodramatically back at her. He couldn’t wish more than to see his daughters happy. “Yes, honey.”

 

“Oh my gosh!” Jessica immediately ran to his side and hugged him from behind. “Thank you so much, dad. It means so much to me.” She genuinely told him as she deeply buried her face on his neck.

 

Albert patted the arms that was hugging him with full of care. “I’m sincerely glad you’re happy.” He glanced at her eyes. “And I’m sorry for what happened in the past.”

 

Everyone sitting beside them is touched at the scene. Krystal also felt thankful that her sister wouldn’t be so hurt starting from now on. And her mother is overjoyed that there will be no more drama between her husband and her daughter anymore.

 

Jessica pulled away, wiping a tear that fell out of joy. “Of course, dad. I couldn’t be more happier.” She said as she walks back to her seat.

 

“But I gave conditions to Yul.” He reminded Jessica and shifted his attention to Krystal. “The same with Amber. Both of you should talk it first with them if you also agree to what I want before we talk and come to a compromise if not.”

 

This is all new to Jessica.

 

Her dad giving her options for her and Yul?

 

It felt like a miracle just happened.

 

“No problem, dad. We’re more than grateful for your approval. But if I could ask.., what changed your mind?” She asked, a brow elevated in curiousity.

 

The news is still mind-boggling. Krystal also wanted to ask why Amber had to be part of the marriage talks this soon. They are not even officially a couple yet but she had to hold it in to give way to Jessica. And now she realized, what could’ve Amber done while they were at it? She couldn’t wait to find out.

 

Albert heaved a deep breath and took his time to think. He didn’t answer sooner and there was silence until he came up to a decision to tell the tale.

 

“To be honest, what I did in the first place was just my easy way out. I tried the easiest way.. you know, separate you from Yul and find another bachelor to save my time from investing and training someone for you. But it didn’t work so.” He pursed his lips and paused. “..should have I tried harder?” Albert ended with a humor and chuckled.

 

“No. Totally not.” Jessica quickly responded.

 

“Anyway, I can see he’s very hard working. I really do hope he won’t let me down ‘cause I don’t want to give second chances to this, Jessica.” Albert called her in a full name to put in her mind that he as well will keep his words.

 

Jessica’s heart found comfort at the admission. It assured her that her father doesn’t hate Yul so much as what he showed but then it frightened her that one mistake from her and Yul, everything will go down the drain.

 

But she erased the thought in her mind. It’s time to enjoy her freedom now.

 

“I understand. And thank you so much, really. And also to you Bubba for treating Yul good today.” She smiled sincerely to the two old men.

 

“Can I meet the two of them too?” Hana asked while she finishes her plate. The joy on her face was evident. There’s contentment in her because her family is having a great time together.

 

Before anyone could answer their grandmother, Junseo interjected. “If that’s something that makes you happy, we will make a way to work things out for you and Krystal, Jess.” He held Jessica’s hand that was lying on top of the table and caressed it adoringly then turned to his wife. “I invited them to have dinner with us before we leave to New York.”

 

“Perfect! I can’t wait to see them!”

 

“I’m sure you are, Grammy. It’ll be fun!” Krystal brightly commented, excited just as her grandmother

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter