Getting Better

Crossed Paths
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 35: Getting Better

 

Jessica’s P.O.V.

 

Jung’s Residence

 

It came out as a threat.

 

But I swear I didn’t mean it.

 

I didn’t mean to voice it out like that, I only wanted him to stay and make up from this fight. The reason why I had to say it was because that’s the only card left in my hand to make him stop from taking any further steps away from me. There’s no way I would let this argument be left hanging in the air. I’m not going to allow both of us to go to bed without even compromising.

 

He turned to look at me, his eyebrows almost met as they furrow. I can see from his eyes that his emotions turned darker since he was looking at me with anger. The sweet and loving eyes that used to stare at me are gone for a moment and I am absolutely determined to return it back to the way it was.

 

“What did you say?” His glaring eyes scare me and I don’t want to see it anymore. I could only pray that he would cool his nerves down.

 

I sadly breathe out as I cautiously walk towards him. When I reached him, I cupped his hands. “Yul, please calm down.” I pleaded.

 

“No, Sica. Repeat what you just said.” He pressed more. His tone wasn’t too enraged any longer. Instead, it came out as if there were no feelings behind it and it made me feel nervous.

 

“I didn’t intend to say it like that. I needed to stop you.” I desperately explained. My hands moved up to his face and caressed it, somehow hoping it would make him calm down.

 

But he didn’t reply for a minute, he only turned his head down.

 

I saw him gulped when his Adam’s apple moved. “Is that all I’m worth of?” There was a tinge of pain in his voice that made my heart sting. “Why is it so easy for you to say that?” He sounded so brokenhearted and I wanted to erase all of it now. It hurts me to see him like this. But before I could say my words, he continued speaking. “Tell me.. do I make things hard for you?” The sound of his voice is too weak as he miserably asked me. I didn’t like the sound of it. It was as if he’s ready to let me go.. for real.

 

I panicked at it and immediately answered him. “No! No, baby.. please listen to me. You just misunderstood everything.”

 

He shook his head in denial. “Sica, this isn’t always about you. Sometimes you have to understand how I feel too. And I want to be alone now.” He added as if he was begging.

 

I don’t want to let him go so I hugged him tight. Say I’m being selfish right now but I don’t care. I just want to be with him. “I’m doing it because I don’t want you to feel bad anymore. I want to explain, let me enlighten you.” I looked straight into his eyes but those were staring back at me diverted somewhere, trying to avoid me.

 

I took a deep breath. "Remember when I told you that I want us?” I tried to get his attention. ”Yul, I seriously want you to be mine and I’m not easily letting you go now that you’re here with me. So please don’t walk away from me.. let’s fix this.”

 

He kept silent and I’m losing options to make him stay.

 

I slowly rubbed his chest that was heaving up and down while my other arm remained hugging him. “Stay..” I persuaded softly when he didn’t say anything. “Stay with me and I’ll tell you everything.”

 

His lips pursed as I talked. The face he was showing me was almost expressionless but his eyes are becoming weary. I don't know if it's the alcohol working its way or it was sadness all along. I’m only certain that I want it gone straightaway.

 

Chastened, he was momentarily quiet and I didn't say anything more to give him some time to think.

 

After a while, a sound of loud exhalation suddenly came out from him. It was the only thing that breaks the silence here in my room. I took a step back and dart my expectant eyes into his, waiting to know what he has in mind.

 

Finally, he turned his head back at me. He finally looks at me in the eye and I can see that it has softened. "I'm sorry.." He muttered before slowly moving closer to embrace me.

 

I smiled happily and breathed out the air that I was holding in. I moved my body apart from the hug and said, "Sit down first. I'll get something to sober you up, okay?" I need to make him feel better from his drunkenness first before we get back to our serious talk.

 

He sluggishly nodded his head and I helped him sit down on the couch.

 

I gave him a peck before I going to my closet and enclosed my body with a bathrobe.

 

---

 

"Ahjussi. Can you make ox bone soup quick?" I asked our head chef.

 

"Yes, miss." I sighed in relief when he nodded his head.

 

"Please bring it to my room when you're done." I beamed at him before returning back to my room, running.

 

Just after I entered, I saw him resting his head. It was laid back on the back rest and his left arm was stretched out on his face.

 

I carefully sat down beside him, preventing to disturb his peace. At slow pace, I rest my head on his chest and s my hands around his waist.

 

He fidgeted when he felt my body on him and removed his arms from covering his eyes. He satisfyingly groaned and hugged me with his arms.

 

I took a peek at him. "Are you sleepy?"

 

"A bit." He said in a throaty voice.

 

"Do you want to get some sleep first?"

 

"No, babe. I'm still good." He said as he opened his eyes and stares at me.

 

I worriedly raised my head to take a good look at him. "Are you sure?"

 

He let out an assuring small smile. "Hmm." He replied with a kiss.

 

I leisurely laid my head back on him and took a deep breath. "I don't know where to start.." I paused a bit. "But I only had two boyfriends before. I was too young then when I met Seo In Guk oppa.. I think our relationship only happened because of our friends' teasing. I find him cute then but there was no other reason to make that relationship longer that's why it ended fast.."

 

"So he was your puppy love?" He gently asked.

 

"You could say that.."

 

He exhaled a bit heavier than usual before continuing. "Okay.. and then?" His hands started to rub my arms

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter