What Now

Crossed Paths
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 27: What Now

 

Third Person’s P.O.V.

 

Club Octagon, Gangnam

 

 

“Hit ‘em up! Hit ‘em up! Up! Up! Up! Up!” The DJ  shouted as he was about to drop the beat.

 

And as soon as the beat drops, the smoke machine emits its thick vapor upwards in front of the disc jockey table while the crowd started to jump raised their hands up repeatedly. “Woooooh!!” They screamed their hearts out, feeling elevated and hearts beat harder together with the booms of the music.

 

Nothing could make these people quench their thirst from their dry and exhausting usual day life but here in Octagon Club.

 

But Jaejoong seems different from these all nighters. Looks like he have different agenda in coming here to Octagon club. He had been turning his eyes inevitably everywhere to get a sight of Jessica but irritatingly, nothing showed up. His eyes are becoming weary and he’s already feeling dizzy with all these head-turnings and his friends are not helping him at all. They’ve been clinging onto him so he won’t get away from their sight to make his irrelevant move, at least for them and not to him.

 

He was set to begin again with everything but it seems like it’s not going the way he was hoping it to be.

 

---

 

Jessica rests her arms on the railings and observes everything from the second floor. The flashing lights radiate in its all colors and whip its way to all possible directions that add up to the hype in the club.

 

She sassily takes a sip on her glass of gin cocktail when a random guy, clad very well in his suit suddenly showed up beside her.

 

He was also holding a glass of whisky as he rests his arms on the railings, making the same posture as Jessica. He shook his glass a little before turning his head to her. “Hey, you seem lonely.” He said as he beamed at her.

 

Jessica didn’t even bother to look at him and bluntly replied, “Not really.”

 

“Yeah?” The man raised his eyebrow and gave her a toothy smile at her bluntness. “You know what? You’re so gorgeous you made me forget my pick up line.” He slightly laughs.

 

Jessica can’t help but chuckle at the statement. She should be unfazed but this guy won his way. She shifted her eyes at him, “Wow. That must’ve worked on every girl you hit on.”

 

“Actually, no. You’re the first.” He said. His dimples showed up on his face as he delightfully looks at her.

 

“Bull. It might have made me smile but I’m not interested.” She lightly pointed out.

 

“And what made you so sure about that? How about we test it?” He casually challenged her.

 

“There’s nothing to test because I’m pretty sure I know myself. And please, I have a boyfriend.” She politely said. She’s really peevish when it comes to situations like this but he’s somehow made her smile so she’ll just let it slide.

 

This guy is cute and all but she’s not that easy.

 

“And being the gentleman you are, I’d appreciate it if you would let me spend my time alone.” She hinted and gave him a sly smile.

 

“Tch. .. What a lucky guy.” He regretfully smiled. “But hey, I hope to see you when you’re single again.” He responded as he slowly walks backwards. “Cheers!” He said one last time and raised his glass at her and continued his way somewhere.

 

Jessica sighed in relief as she drinks her remaining gin cocktail in one shot. She passed her glassed to the waiter and signaled him to get her another glass.

 

She returned her eyes at the dance floor and noticed her friends, having the time of their life. Big smiles are painted on their faces as they move side to side.

 

“Genuine..” A smile formed on her face..

 

She absolutely missed those. And just when she decided to go down and join them, her eyes landed on him, staring right back to her.

 

She immediately shifted her eyes somewhere and pretended to drink the glass the waiter just handed her.

 

Jessica heaved a sigh. She carefully looked back again if he’s still looking at her but to her dismay, she found him walking through the stairs.

 

“He must be going here.” She slightly panicked and turned her back from him then paid no attention like she didn’t give a damn.

 

“Hey..” A manly voice talked from her back, hearing that subtle voice made her feel like her hair on the back of her neck stand up. She clenched her teeth, suppressing herself to feel that way because she wasn’t supposed to.

 

Jessica pretended to be a little surprised as she turned to him. “Hey.” She shortly answered as she takes a sip on her drink. “It’s now or never.” She convinced herself in her mind.

 

She also makes sure that she looks unwary and her cool intact. She shouldn’t be shaken by anything from him.

 

For Yul.

 

“How are you? Seems like you’re not enjoying right now.” He carefully asked.

 

“Better than ever.” She smoothly replied.

 

He bit his lower lip for a moment before taking a deep breath. “Can we talk?”

 

“We’re already talking.”

 

“I mean, somewhere.. quiet?”

 

“Well, I can hear you from here.” She nonchalantly said.

 

Jaejoong worriedly breathe out. He went closer to Jessica so they could talk clearly. “Okay.. I’m really sorry about what I did. I didn’t even explain why I left..”

 

A glare. “Would you even?” She sharply asked.

 

“I would but I couldn’t.” He firmly clarified. “But that time, Jessica.. You were so happy that I can’t even break the ice to you. I can’t bear to see you hurt because of me, I wouldn’t want to see your eyes become sorrowful just because I’m leaving. You don’t deserve that.”

 

Jessica scoffed. “I absolutely don’t deserve that. What? You think not telling me anything would me make feel the same at all? I didn’t know you’re that dumb.”

 

“No! No, Jess. I was scared, I admit. I was not man enough to consider your feelings. Because all I know back then was that I wouldn’t even come back here at all.” Jaejoong slapped himself hard in his thoughts. How could he even say that? No girl would accept that kind of reason and could only add fuel to the flames. Stupid!

 

Jessica scoffed incredulously. "Wow! Just wow, Jaejoong!! Is that why you didn’t even bother telling me? Because you won’t have to face me anymore, you think you could just forget then everything will be fine?? You’re such a scoundrel!” She hissed with her teeth clenched. Jessica was trying to keep it classy even if she wanted to beat the hell out of this man right there. He makes her burn right now in madness, she shouldn’t have heard him out.

 

Jaejoong was left with no words but apologies. He felt bad that he caused what he and Jessica have now and never in his life could he think for something like this to happen. But what’s done is done and he can’t do anything but regret. Who does he think he is? Coming back and hoping that nothing has changed? Such a fool he is.

 

“I’m sorry..” He could only say because he’s very much guilty of what he did. “Jackass.” He scolded himself in his thoughts.

 

“But yeah, you didn’t even have to explain because it doesn’t matter to me now. You only have me remember what you made me. Why did you even come back?” Jessica rolled her eyes and takes again another shot of her cocktail.

 

Jaejoong gloomily smiled a bit. “I wanted to make it up to you. I wanted to fix all my mistakes. But I’m too late, ain’t I?”

 

“I’m done with you.” Jessica harshly spat out.

 

“I know..” He sighed for the nth time. He’s hurt that she’s blatantly rejecting him now but he knows he deserves it. “I’m really sorry.”

 

Jessica didn’t answer. She was thinking.. what if she’d just let this go? And act like there’s no drama between them again, but only as friends now.

 

It’s hard though, when he somehow hurt her, how could she simply forgive him?

 

Silence has been engulfing them, no one dared to speak because one is carefully trying to keep everything at least civil between them and rather not provoke her when the other is thinking really hard on what to do with him.

 

A thought suddenly kicked in her mind, the reason why she would just forgive him is because she had moved on and she now have Yul. Simple as that. But she’s not giving it to him so easily.

 

And she definitely needs a breather after this talk so she decided to go to the dance floor to join her friends. “I need a dance.” She only told him as she gestured her glass towards their friends and started walking.

 

“Okay..” Jaejoong murmured as he followed her with his head hangs low.

 

---

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter