Heartbreaker

Crossed Paths
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 21: Heartbreaker

 

Third Person’s P.O.V.

 

Tears started to fall vigorously from Jessica’s eyes. Different kinds of emotions are stirring up in her, she feels upset, shocked and nervous at the same time from the confrontation she’s having with Yul. She never meant to blurt out her true feelings, she only wanted to get away and calm herself from the petty feelings she’s having when she remembered the night she got drunk and their kiss. She didn’t want to blow up in front of everyone. And it would never be a big deal if only Yul is not tied with anyone else, but she felt betrayed and taken advantage of and she would never let anyone do that to her that’s why she suddenly felt mad.

 

Yul slowly loosen up his hold on her, bewildered at what he heard. He gradually makes a distance, mouth ajar as he looks at her. He can’t seem to speak, he feels like his saliva is stuck in his throat.

 

“This can’t be..” He denied in his thought.

 

Yul tittered; he doesn’t know how to react. “S-sica.. I-I..” He tried to speak but can’t find the right words to say.

 

Jessica only does nothing but stand there and stare at him, waiting for him to say that it’s okay, he likes her too, but his gestures suggest the other way around. Before he could even directly reject her, she hurriedly went inside her car and drove away, escaping from rejection as her face get more wet from overflowing tears in her eyes.

 

She can’t believe she got declined by someone she genuinely likes and this is the first time it happened to her - she doesn’t know how to deal with it.

 

“I knew it.., how could I even think of him liking me when he’s already in a relationship.” She sobbed as she bit her lips to stop the tears from falling while driving away.

 

“Yul!!” Taeng ran with everyone as fast as he could to him after seeing Jessica fled away from the scene.

 

“What happened?! Why is she crying like that?!” Tiffany frantically asked him as she clasps her hands together, hoping everything’s not worse.

 

Yul shut his eyes. He feels lost at the moment, stunned at the confession from Jessica which shook the hell out of him.

 

“I-I need some air..” He exhaled as he slowly starts to walk away from them, needing some time alone to grasp everything that’s happening.

 

“Yul!” Sunny shouted at him which stopped him from walking, his back still facing them. “You can’t leave us hanging! At least tell us what’s happening with Jessica, we’re worried!” She exasperated, getting eaten by the curiosity.

 

“Oppa! Please tell us. Is it something serious?” Krystal worriedly asked him, tears are threatening to fall from her eyes now.

 

“I-I don’t know..” Yul apologetically looks at Krystal. “I was just asking her what’s the problem but she’s not saying anything.. She was acting mad earlier until she blurted out that s-she likes me. A-and then she drove away.” He stuttered as he weakly told them. He’s just clueless of what to do.

 

“She did what?!” Tiffany blurted out, couldn’t believe Jessica would suddenly do this kind of thing. They didn’t see it coming.

 

“Amber, drive Krystal home.” She suggested at him and turned to Taeng. “Come on, we’ll look for her.”

 

“We’ll look for her too.” Sunny told Tiffany as she dragged Sooyoung towards his car.

 

“Let’s go, Seo!” Taeng called out to Seohyun.

 

“Hey Krys, let’s get you home, okay? Everything will be fine.” Amber rubbed her arms and hugged her, trying to calm her down.

 

Krystal kept mum and looked at Yul  sadly before going.

 

Everyone already went away to look for Jessica. Yoong and Yul are the only persons left at the parking lot. The latter is still stupefied, perturbed if he did anything wrong because he is feeling so much guilt. He never wanted to cause such discomfort or heartache to anyone and much worst, he presumably rejected Jessica. He never thought that someone like him would be liked by someone like her. She’s way out of his league.

 

“Yul! Are you okay?” Yoong ran to his side, overwhelmed at the scene.

 

It’s unfortunate for him to encounter this when he only met them earlier.

 

“I’m fine. I’m sorry you got to see this.” He forced  a smile at Yoong before patting him on his arms and said, “Go drink with your friends, you bailed on them.” He tried to joke before walking away.

 

---

 

Dongho Bridge, Seoul

 

Tiffany distraughtly tapped her phone for the nth time. She can’t reach Jessica and she’s getting concerned to death, making her fidget on her seat non-stop.

 

“Still nothing?” Taeng tilted his eyes at her, looking worried.

 

“Nothing.”

 

“Wait!” Tiffany exclaimed as they passed by Dongho bridge when she recognized Jessica’s car parked at the side of the road. “Pull over!”

 

Taeng abruptly slowed down his driving and put his car in front of Jessica’s. Tiffany stepped out as soon as the car stopped.

 

“Jessi!” She shouted as she knocks her hands on the window.

 

It rolled down and it shows Jessica’s poker face. “Jessi! Are you okay?!” Tiffany worriedly asked her as she briskly opened her car door to see more sight of her condition.

 

“I’m fine, Tiff.” Jessica exhaled. “I’m sorry about earlier.” She lowly said.

 

“Are you sure?!” Tiffany asked, still not convinced.

 

“Jessica! Are you okay?!” Taeng came running to them fastly with Seohyun after him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter