Chapter 4 part 2

In Love With My Step Mum
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Momo’s widen at the numerous food stand before her. She quickly pulled Rose to a Jokbal’s stand not wanting to be wasting any time on eating delicious food – she had already calculated how long they needed to spend at each stand for her to try out all the food here.

This was definitely Momo’s haven.  Could one blame her though? She was totally oblivious to the red-faced girl beside her. Rose couldn’t help but felt butterflies in her stomach when Momo intertwined their hands together – it fit perfectly within each other. Gathering up all her courage she decided to feed Momo a piece of her soondae.  The shorter girl happily took the piece in squealing at how good it taste.

“It’s so good! Hey you should try this too.” As Momo excitedly offered some fried fritters. 

It wasn’t long until Momo sweet dream turned into a beautiful nightmare. Scratch that what beautiful nightmare just nightmare…  She just had to collide into the one and only Irene Bae.  Could life get any worse? How could this be? She knew she should never trust God.  The girl was in her casual wear and was just as shocked to see her.

“Are you stalking me now?” The SM President narrowed her eyes as she pointed her finger at Momo accusingly.

 “No!” Momo’s arms immediately shoot up as her eyes frantically scanned for Rose – she had told the girl to go line up for some spicy rice cakes and god the poor girl still had at least 10 people in front of her.

“I’m on a date with Rose!” The words came out as a torrent of waves, crushing Irene’s heart. She still couldn’t believe her ears as she blinked a few times, confusion written all over her face. It took her 5 seconds to process it through and by the time that she did Momo had already escaped now standing by Rose’s side – in the younger girl’s embrace. 


To be honest Momo would’ve gotten out of Rose’s embrace if it wasn’t for the deadly aura that surrounded the SM Predz she swore that if looks could kill then she would’ve been dead by now.  What did she ever do to the SM council that their Predz would hate on her that much? Chills went down her spine as she peeked back – Irene was definitely one scary girl.

“You’re so cute.” Momo looked up, only to see Rose pearly white teeth staring back at her, “I like how you’re warming up to me now.” Momo gave out an awkward constipated looking face as she gave the two of them some space – more like she was trying to escape death and she was using Rose as a shield…

They had finally received their rice cakes and where now sitting at a bench by the park – sharing their spicy rice cakes, Momo who obviously couldn’t handle her spice had a bottle of strawberry milk right beside her.

“ I can’t believe we went to every food store at the festival.”  Rose stated in awe as she finished feeding Momo the last piece of fishcake. Momo nodded her head like a happy child but her heart stopped when she felt a head against her shoulder. Time seem to have stopped as she felt Rose interlaced their hands together.  She couldn’t decipher what the younger girl was saying but all she remembered was those soft red lips against hers and everything else didn’t matter no more.


Ok this was not good. Well not for Momo at least. Hell she didn’t even know why she was so scared – it’s not liked she’s even dating Irene but that glare definitely sent chills down her spine.
 

 She knew today wasn’t her day when she dropped her lollipop this morning – it was a sign foreshadowing the terror that would be coming her way and she did not listen to the Food God from above.  Rose didn’t seem to notice the SM President’s presence as the taller girl continued to stroll hand in hand with Momo through the various stores after that kiss in the park. After all they need to burn off all those calories. Rose was too amazed at all the different things she was seeing  - it was so different from Melbourne. She was still new to the Korean culture, as she had only resided in Korea for a little over 2 years hence why her Korean was still stiff.  It’s probably also why Jennie was a little over protective of her. 

She stopped when she had found a stand that would make custom rings.  She had always wanted matching rings – it was something she would see when she had watched k-variety shows back home but had never got to experience this.
 With pleading eyes she turned to look at Momo as she jutted out her lips into an adorable pout.

The older scratched the back of her neck trying to resist Rose’s aegyo filled voice (or more like a scary Irene watching from a distance) – probably both.

“I don’t have any money left on me though” Momo mumbled under her breath embarrassed “I spent my last $30 on the live octo-”

“It’s ok I can pay for it” Rose insisted as she hurried Momo in the store so that they could make their own couple rings.

“But- uhm  - wait.”

Irene lost sight of them as they disappeared inside the store. Her hands formed into a fist as she clenched her teeth.

“Uhm what’s gotten into you unnie?” Seulgi poke the side of Irene as she tried to ease off the tense atmosphere around her. She swore the older girl was fine a minute ago.

“Nothing.” Irene said curtly as she walked pass Seulgi but the other swore she heard something along the lines of I’m going to murder that Hirai.

Or was she just hearing things now?

 


 

“I said I didn’t want that!” Sana rolled her eyes at Jennie’s protest.  Why was this girl so stubborn? Sana clearly saw the girl eyeing the fox plush toy as they walked pass the claw machine.

“What did I say about acting tough? You’re not in front of Lisa or Rose and you’re not in school anymore. Stop acting tough and be a girl for once.”

“Excuse me but I’m a girl whether I act tough or not. It’s none of your business. And -” Jennie halt her words when she felt a pair of arms snuck around her waist. Jennie could feel Sana’s front flushed against her back and it was sending Jennie’s mind into overdrive.

“For once can you just please put your guard down and accept my present. I’ve spent $10 trying to get it for you. Even if you don’t like it can you at least pretend to? Just until this date is over.”  Seriously what is wrong with this girl? I do not like her! I do not like her! I swear on my own grave, I , Kim Jennie do not like Minatozaki Sana.

“Fine, but just this once.”  Jennie grabbed the stuff toy from Sana’s hand as the girl released the YG’s Predz from her embrace.

“Great. Now let’s grab some ice cream all that convincing had drained all the sugar out of me.”  Jennie rolled her eyes as she let Sana lead the way whilst she tried to contain the smile spreading on her face. Stupid Minatozaki.
 

“Sana? Jennie?” Sana turned back surprised to see Nayeon along with Jisoo.  A scowl formed on Jennie’s face as she came face to face with her sister.

“Ngaw so my lil baby sister got all dressed up for Sana- isn’t it cute Nayeon that my baby sister is dating your step child?” Jisoo nudge Nayeon playfully but the older girl stiffen up. Her voice seems to be caught in as she could only managed to nod. 

Nayeon didn’t know why but she felt uncomfortable about the fact that Jennie and Sana are together.  For some reason she didn’t feel like going to that dessert bar anymore.  

“No we are not on a date! Sis stop making up lies!”  Jennie started to become super defensive and that only fired up Jisoo’s playful attics even more.

“Right if you weren’t on a date why did it take you 3 hours to pick your outfit yesterday night and it took you 2 hours this morning to get ready.” Jennie looked like she was about to slap the living daylights out of her older sister for exposing her like that but the girl knew that she should probably just dug a hole and bury herself now.


Sana chuckled at the newfound information and gave Jennie a wink before heading over to Nayeon.

She had realised how quiet the bunny-like girl had gotten since her arrival and it irked her for some unknown reason. 

“Hey what’s wrong? You’re strangely quiet today.” The other girl shook her head quietly as she watched the two sisters quarrel with each other.
 
 

“So you like Jennie?” it came out as a whisper but Sana heard it.  They were walking home together now with the excuse that Nayeon was filling unwell a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter