Bloody Mary

K-Pop Horror Fanfics!

"Yo Kai," Sehun rolled over a faintly Chanyeol to face the blonde dancer, only seeing a greyish image due to the fact that it was kind of 11pm at night and since the power had gone out (so conveniently) they were all sleeping in the same room. Since Tao was scared of ghosts. And for "warmth".

"Y- Sehun it's like midnight ... Whaddya want ..." mumbled Kai, squinting at the maknae grumpily. Sehun yawned, stretching out like a cat, before sending a devilish grin in the boy's direction. "You know, if you lock yourself in a bathroom at midnight and turn off the lights, say 'Bloody Mary' three times and turn around three times, she appears as a ghost and kills you."

Snorting, Kai punched Sehun lightly as he sat up, yawning too "Idiot. That's just a story."

"Hm?" Sehun grinned - Kai could just make out the shape of his face in the moonlight - and cocked his head. "You sure?"

"It's a story. Ghosts don't exist and they certainly can't kill you," sighed Kai, mourning over his loss of sleep.

"Tell that to Tao," offered Sehun as he stood and pulled Jongin to his feet, manouvering around his hyungs who were sprawled all over the floor (how did they even fall asleep like that?) to stand by the door. "Wanna prove it?"

Pulling up his sleeve, Kai read the numbers on the little glowing watch face. "It's 11:48."

Smirk widening, Sehun quietly opened the door and pulled them both out into the empty, dark corridor. His heart jumping slightly at the sight, Kai pulled back. "Sehun-ah -"

"Scared?" he smirked, putting his hands on his hips. "I've done it before."

"We should go to sleep -" Kai struggled slightly, a rising feeling of uneasiness creeping up on him as he glimpsed the shadows flickering on the walls, reaching out to him. Since when was he scared of the dark? "This isn't a good idea -" he tried again, but Sehun wouldn't let go. "Aw, come on hyung! It's just a little dare," he whined. "You're older than me! You should be brave enough -"

". Fine."Kai rolled his eyes, trying to ignore the way he was starting to jump at every tiny little thing. "I swear you are trying to kill me, Sehun-ah. you." Sehun giggled slightly, and somehow Kai found that creepy, shuddering slightly. It's just the cold, he told himself.

"It's 11:57. Quick!" Sehun shoved Kai towards the bathroom, giggling. "Oh, I am so going to record you freaking out." He smirked again, and in the dim light that warped the shadows on the younger's face, Kai once again shuddered.

"Fine. Stop pushing me," he grumbled, trying to keep the tremble from showing im his voice. "If I die, I'm blaming you."

Little did he know ...

"Suho hyung and Kris hyung are gonna kill us if they find out, you know," hissed Kai as he stepped into the bathroom, locking the door and hearing Sehun's laughter, distorted through the door.

Raising his eyes, he stared at his own reflection in the mirror and immeadiately wished he hadn't. Half of his face was covered with shadow, hiding his eyes, the rest of his face lit up a ghostly white from the moonlight. It didn't look like him at all - it looked like some ghost staring back at him without bleak, empty eyes -

Ugh, god, shut it will you? snapping at himself, Kai turned around to face away from the mirror, trying his best to ignore how Sehun had suddenly fallen silent to him and how the open window sent cold breathes of air that curled around his neck. Closing his eyes, he wainted until the first if midnight.

There.

Faintly, he could hear the nearby church's first chime. Under his breath, Kai quickly whispered, "Bloody Mary, Bloody Mary, Bloody Mary," - - and turned around -

Outside, Sehun frowned after the bell's last chime sounded. There was no sound from within. He had heard Kai say "Bloody Mary" three times, a short shuffling noise which was presumably him turning around - then silence.

Nervously, Sehun quickly passed off a quiet, sharp swooping noise as his imagination. Hyung's just pranking me.

But as half an hour stretched on, he couldn't ignore it any longer, and stepped up to the door, knocking on it softly. "Kai. You can come out now."

Silence.

A twinge of uneasiness flared up inside the younger boy as he rapped on the door again, this time slightly louder. "It's not funny anymore, come on."

Nothing. Gulping, Sehun pulled a coin out of his pocket and fit it into the lock, trying to twist it open from the outside. It should have worked - hell, he and Kai had pranked the hyungs by opening the door whilst they were still inside so many times now - but it turned halfway, then stopped. Frowning, Sehun tugged at the coin. It was not budging. Almost as if something was holding it back from the other side.

It's just Jongin, Sehun thought forcefully, dropping the coin onto the carpet and kneeling down to peer under the door through the tiny gap. He should be able to see his shadow at least. Something to let him know that he's actually in there.

But only pale moonlight shone on the tiled floor back at him.

Nothing.

There was nothing.

"Jongin? Come out," he muttered, trying the coin again. "We'll .. get caught. It's ..." he trailed off as the coin stuck once again. Growling, he pushed his shoulder into the door, but it didn't move.

A sense of panic was definitely creeping up on him now. "Yah, Kim Jongin!" he hissed. "Get your out now."

More silence. Heart pounding, Sehun straightened and stood up, staring around him nervously as he glimpsed the way the shadows on the wall seemed to reach out for him with their smoky black tendrils.

"Jongin?" he asked again.

But there was nothing.