Steam

K-Pop Horror Fanfics!

Jongdae dragged his towel along the floor of the dorm as he clicked open the bathroom door. The windows and mirror were still steamy from when Baekhyun had used it just before so the air was slightly humid. Jongdae didn't mind this though, and took no trouble in hanging up the towel on the hook, and stepping into the shower stall.

After a few minutes of standing under the cascade of warm water, Jongdae felt ... Strange.

As if ... Something was ... Not quite right.

He shook it off as his imagination. There was nothing wrong, as far as he could tell. He could detect the faint scent of Kyungsoo's cooking drifting up through the window, hear the noisy banter of Chanyeol and Baekhyun, Luhan and Tao discussing something about a show. Nothing seemed wrong. Jongdae hummed under his breath, trying to shake off the nagging feeling.

Soon, he switched off the water and stepped out of the stall, again and again repeating to himself, nothing happened, nothing's wrong. Because there wasn't ... Right?

It was too early to think that.

A moment later, the door shut. The light switched off, and Kim Jongdae left ... Unscathed. Failing to notice that, amist the steam in the air, a strange pattern of shapes were forming in the mirror.

In a few seconds, it took the form - a forehead, a nose, a mouth. And eyes; eyes that were nothing but bottomless pits of darkness in the whitened mirror. It opened them slowly, the mouth curling up stiffly into a smile, as if it hadn't been used for a long time.

And the words.

Slowly apearing, scrawled into the steam on the mirror under the ... Face. As if someone -something - invisible were writing on it. "Maybe not this time. But I'll settle for another."

There was no mistaking the dark, almost brown reddish tint to the words. A liquid that steadily thickened, dripping down in tiny rivulets off the mirror, pooling on the rug.

Kim Jongdae was lucky.

But the next ...