polaroid # 01

Still The One [DISCONTINUED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Wonwoo woke up, he was already feeling so bad. He was running out of cash, and there was still a leak in the kitchen being covered with a duct tape. Soonyoung, his new roommate (and richer, by the way), wasn’t willing to pay for it. Why? Well, Wonwoo is not even sure. All he knows is that Soonyoung will spend his time with his two boyfriends and will come home with just a penny, or in worst case, nothing at all.

 

“Do you even have any education about money?” Wonwoo once asked when the elder just came home from a date with his two lovely boyfriends. He was sitting on the sofa, not really waiting for the other but obviously Soonyoung thought the otherwise.

“Yeah, but if you love someone, you’re willing to spend them everything you have.” The blonde boy gave a cheeky grin.

Was that supposed to be an insult? Yeah, Wonwoo thinks so.

 

And right now, he was running late because it looks like the 8:00 train came a bit earlier than the usual, which is unexpected because 8:00 trains should arrive on 8:00 and not on 7:57 (and Soonyoung was kind enough to lend him a ride, but being with him means being with Seungkwan and Seokmin. And being with them means they will be interviewing Wonwoo about his past relationships.).

 

‘Hope things wouldn’t get worse.’ Wonwoo pondered as he bowed at his coworkers, who copied the action as they gave him a small smile.

 

 

 

It looks like luck is not on his side, for now.

 

 

“Mr. Jeon?” A younger colleague of Wonwoo tapped him on the shoulder. Hearing his last name, the black haired turned around and faced the other, camera still in hand.

“Mr. Kwon and Mr. Boo wants to speak with you.” The brown haired boy nervously smiled.

“Oh? I’ll be on my way then.” Wonwoo bowed and left his camera on his desk, knowing that he could trust his fellow photographers and editor-in-chiefs. He exited the door, and made a right. As he passed by rooms after rooms, he could hear the faint sound of the printer beeping and the quiet but forceful typing of computers. He could hear a few laughter inside the Sales group, but Wonwoo didn’t pay any attention to it. Instead, he walked passed it until he reached the very end of the hall.

The door was closed, but he could hear a few muffles from the other side. Being the polite person he is, he knocked on the door and took a peak, “You called me?”

“Ah, yes, Wonini.” Seungkwan closed his book, and faced a disgusted Wonwoo. Obviously, the younger wanted to tease the latter with the ugly and informal nicknames he gives out to his colleagues but ‘Wonini’ sounds like ‘Panini’, and Wonwoo couldn’t help but cringe. “We have news for you.”

“Actually, it’s a good or a bad news. It depends how you take this situation.” Soonyoung gave him a sly smile—a meaning that he did something. That something can only mean trouble.

“I know that you are informed about the sudden retirement of Mr. Park from our partnered agency.” Pledis Modelling Co. Seungkwan stopped whatever he was doing, yet still feeling awkward and devastated. “That means, we need your help.”

God, no.

“You, out of all the photographers we have, are the most responsible one and the oldest one.” Soonyoung stared at the fox-eyed. He scooted nearer and rested his chin on his hand, the elbow propping up.

“And, the shyest.” Seungkwan giggled.

“That could actually need help.”

“I know, Hosh. that’s why—”

Don’t tell me—

“—we want to move Wonwoo-hyung to Pledis as their photographer.”

 

 

 

What?

 “W-what? No!” Wonwoo slammed the table and slightly glared at Soonyoung and Seungkwan. The two glanced at each other before looking back at him, unsure if they made the right decision but their mind is made up and that matters more.

“Listen, Won.” Soonyoung sighed, “Why won’t you just try it for a while? It wouldn’t be bad, and just alarm us if you couldn’t do it.”

“But don’t they have like seven more photographers? Why do I have to get involved in this?” Wonwoo rubbed his temple and groaned.

“Uh, remember they have, like tons of models? Not just ten, but like what, sixty or something? Not sure.” For sure Wonwoo would say something like, “You’re a manager, and you should know these stuff. Wow, Soonyoung. Won

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter