Amour du Chocolat: Chapter 1

Amour du Chocolat (HIATUS)

“You should impress them later babe, I am sure they will agree to hire you as one of their top patissiere in their hotel.”  Said the blonde girl as she fix the necktie of her boyfriend.

 

“Jessica, if they will hire me I don’t need to impress them, they will hire me because of my skill and the food that I make..” said the guy who is really looking handsome in his suit.

 

“DongHae, you need to impress them, they are really hard to impress..” said Jessica as she now fix herself.

 

DOnghae just sighed. “Okay..”

 

“Okay baby, now lets go..” she said.

 

They are currently in the one of the famous hotels in Seoul for the anniversary of the said hotel, Jessica ‘s family is one of the stock holders there and they are invited. While DongHae is a simple guy who came from a wealthy family, his family is composed of doctors but he decided to be a pastry chef and his dad is disappointed to him.

 

When they arrived in the function hall of the hotel, the rich people are there and they are talking about business and so many other things. DongHae is kinda famous about his job because he’s been featured in different magazines in and out of the country.

 

“Dad..” Jessica said to her father.

 

“Hello my baby, Donghae..”

 

DongHae bows. “Hello sir..”

 

“I wanted to congratulate you because you won the contest in France..”

 

“Thank you sir, I just did my best..” Donghae said.

 

“I am sure the hotel chains and famous restaurants will call you and want you to be their patissiere..” he said. “My Jessica is really lucky to have you.. when are we going to talk about the merging of our companies?”

 

DongHae force to make a smile. “Well sir I think Jessica and I still want to enjoy our relationship before we settle down..”

 

“But both of you are getting old. And I want grandchildren..”

 

“Dad, we will go in that situation but not now..” Jessica said to him.  “Well we will go around and I will introduce DOngHae to our friends..”

 

DongHae did what Jessica said, the latter introduced him to the different stock holders of the hotel and the other rich people that she knew. Technically DongHae is not interested in knowing the famous and rich people. If he got to choose he don’t want to be in that party, he is sick of Jessica saying what to do and other things. He put his poker face on in order to face the people.

 

When Jessica found her friends Donghae said that he will just go to the bathroom but technically he went to the garden of the hotel.

 

“Aish..” he said as he brought out his cigarette and light it up. He look into his watch and pop the smoke out.

 

“Smoking is dangerous, don’t you know that..” a guy came.

 

“HyukJae!” Donghae smiled and hug the guy. “hey how are you?”

 

“I should be the one asking you that.” Hyuk said and take away the cigarette from Donghae’s hands. “you should stop smoking, you are 30 years old already..”

 

“Hey I am not the only one who is in the 3o’s  here.” He said as he slowly push HyukJae.

 

“Did you see your family?” Hyuk asked ad DOngHae shook his head. “I am sure they are proud, we saw you in the news..”

 

“Nah, they won’t be happy, you know appa.. he wanted me to be like you.. a prestigious doctor.”

 

“Surgeon to be exact Donghae ah..” HyukJae said as he ruffled Hae's hair.

 

“hey stop that..” he said. “How are you? Are you getting married now??”

 

HyukJae laughed. “No, I still want to be single, how about you and Jessica??”

 

“Her dad keeps asking me about that, but I said that we still want to enjoy our relationship, the truth is I’m sick of it..” he said and get another cigarette.

 

“I told you to stop this..” HyukJae get the whole pack from DOngHae. “Do you want to die early because of this?”

 

“AIsh hyung…” he whined. “So how’s my family? How’s JongHyun, Amber and Jeno?”

 

“They are all doing well in school, JongHyun is into a band and Amber is into sports.. JongHyun is doing well in his studies, he’s taking premed now. Jeno is in his senior high school now .”

 

DongHae smiled because of that. “Then its good.”

 

“You should see them, they will be happy..”

 

“I guess Jeno is the only one who will be happy to see me..” Hae sighed.

 

“You should give it a try, call them..” said Hyuk and then he pat Hae’s shoulder. “I guess you should go back inside now, they will look for you..”

 

“I’ll follow you..” He said.

 

The night is so boring for DOngHae, the people wanted to talk to him and he got so many offers about work in different hotels. Jessica is so clingy and she keeps saying what he should do. As the party ended he didn’t bother to send Jessica home because the latter is with his family. So he went home alone.

 

He is not living with his family because they kicked him out when he decided to be a patissiere. Since he have money he bought his own place to stay and he went to a school that offers a course to be a pastry chef, he also study abroad for his masters.

 

He open the television and there he saw on the news that they featured their hospital, they are currently interviewing his father who is the director of the hospital. Around his dad are his siblings. He really miss his siblings but to stop the tension in the family he cut the ties with them. Now he is thinking about establishing his own coffee shop and not to work for anyone.

 

He saw his brothers and sister, technically he is much closer to Jeno than JongHyun, JongHyun is kinda sulking at him because he left without saying a word. While Amber is still in contact with him. He wanted to see them but he knew that his siblings are sulking.  He stayed in France for three years because he study and compete.

 

On the other hand. There is a simple girl who works for a living.

 

“Appa, lets stop this now. Its already midnight and we need to woke up early tomorrow..” the girls said as she hold on to her dad’s shoulders.

 

“JiHyeon ah, you know that we need to finish this..” he said as he came out under the car.

 

“Aren’t you tired appa? You are not that young and you need to rest..” JiHyeon is persuading her dad to stop working. “oppa will be angry when he arrive and we are doing this.”

 

“My daughter.. you don’t want to help me?” his father fake a sob.

 

“Appa, its not that I don't want, hello I am so proud of being your assistant mechanic, and I am 24 years old already I didn’t step into college because we don’t have enough money for it but its okay at least  I have this skill..” she smiled at her father. “I am happy that you raised me and oppa using this job.”

 

“JiHyeon ah, I am sorry for not sending you to college..” his dad stood up and hug her.

 

“Appa, I am happy like this, though I didn’t went to college I am skillful than the others out there.. so that is why we need to take a rest now appa, look at us.. we look so dirty..”  then she laughed seeing all the dirt and grease in their shirts.

 

“I love you my daughter, and I am thankful because you are here helping me.. and you really have the skills and you can fix up a whole car..” he said as he started to keep the tools. “You are one of a kind because girls now likes to hold makeup brushes and other things.”

 

“Well appa, you raised me like this, maybe when umma is alive I am holding makeup brush too.” She joked and then she help her father to keep their things.

 

As they finished keeping their tools, JiHyeon made a coffee for her father. “Here appa, you need to drink some of this.. we need to wait for oppa.. I know he will bring something for us..” she said while they are watching t.v. and they can’t clean up because they are so tired and its bad to take a bath when they are tired.

 

“I am home!” a guy shouted.

 

JiHyeon jump off the sofa and went to her brother. “Oppa!”

 

The smile of her oppa is washed away when he saw the dirt on her sister's clothes. “JiHyeon ah, why are you so dirty?”

 

“Oppa, I helped appa remember..” she smiled and take all the paper bags from his hands.

 

“SungMin ah..” called their father. “Don’t be angry at your sister.. she helped me..”

 

“Appa, but JiHyeon here is a girl and I guess it’s time for her to look for a real job..” SUngMin said as he sit on the sofa while his sister is taking care of the foods. “I am sorry I came home late, there is an emergency in the hospital.” SungMin is a nurse and he needs to do his job very well. “I think I can send you to college now..” he said to JiHyeon.

 

“No need oppa, I am fine like this.. I can help appa, he needs me here..” she said as she handed the plate of food to her dad. “lets eat now appa, told you oppa will bring something for us..” she smiles at SungMin. “Oh about work, what is the emergency oppa?” she asked.

 

“Well, there is a patient that undergoes a heart transplant surgery..” SungMin said and JiHyeon froze.

 

“heart?” she asked. “How is the patient?”

 

“The patient is okay now, he survived the surgery, I am so tired JiHyeon ah..” he said as he rest his head on the pillow. “I wanted to sleep now..”

 

“You should go and rest now oppa, I will take care of appa and later we will go to sleep.” She said and kiss her brother’s cheeks. “Thanks for the food oppa, oh I almost forgot oppa, I need to go to the grocery tomorrow.”

 

“Oh yeah..” SUngMin brought out his wallet and handed the money to JiHyeon. “is this okay?”

 

She nods at SungMin. “Good night oppa..” then she look at her father. “Appa, you need to rest after eating okay, do not eat much..”

 

Lee JiHyeon is the youngest in their family, she is smart but she didn’t had the chance to go to college because they don’t have enough money to send her to school. Before they are wealthy but when her mother got sick with cancer, all of their assets are gone because they need money for their mom’s medication, SungMin is still studying that time and they didn’t have enough money so JiHyeon didn’t go to college. She is a talented girl and can do things in her way, her father is a mechanic and he taught JiHyeon to be like him.

 

At first SungMin is against it because she is a girl and the job is for boys only, but then he slowly accepts it, also his sister likes what she’s doing. SungMin is a 30 year old nurse in the Seoul national Hospital, a private hospital. He is not yet married but he had a girlfriend and she is a doctor. When their mom died he took the liberty to take care of his father and sister.

 

JiHyeon is a happy girl and she have her positive attitude in every situation that she encounters in her life, all of her classmates before are college grad already and others are taking up their masters and she is not bothered about it.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Posted the first chapter! Well for the past days i didn't think for ideas to be added in the story because I am so tired from work, but still like what i said in my other fics, i will try to update every week.. :D So far this is what's happening in DongHae and JiHyeon's own lives.. :D

 

~MiHyukie~