Fourteen

BLACK DRAGON - BigHit's New Boygroup

fourteen

 

geunji

home

official

members

discography

Tracklist

Fanservice

When Geunji joined BigHit there were a lot of things he had imagined a lot differently. Some better, some worse. Nevertheless, at the moment everything was moving a lot towards the bad sector and especially to him, things didn’t look all that great. Hunger had become a steady companion and the feeling of starvation was one of the worst tortures to a person like Geunji. He could feel himself shrinking to the idol standards of body measurement and if the need to eat hadn’t turned him even more drained, he would have raged so much. SO. MUCH. And he probably wouldn’t have been the only one. The Black Dragon weaklings all had their nerves overly strained but the hunger was nagging on their capability to function. Hunger and exhaustion. Taehee, nevertheless, knew how to keep the members’ moods in the green area when needed. The manager didn’t really care about what the boys were doing once they got back to the dormitory but when they needed to human in front of others, he made sure to feed them.

Such a day was today, when the members once more were entering the building of the studio where their next variety show appearance would take place. After the very short period of promoting on stage, variety shows had become the group’s last resort next to little jobs like the PUMA commercial. Geunji would have preferred promoting on stage rather than doing this kind of ty fanservice nonsense. Proper acting in front of cameras was just not really his thing. It barely was the thing of any member except for Toby and Bangwon. No surprise, Taehee had told most of them to just keep their mouthes shut as long as the cameras were recording. Jaekwang was in constant fear of the cameras and barely spoke, even when asked directly. Sian kept doing the weirdest things that most of the time had to do with flashing what was underneath his shirt and caused the group to being accused of ualizing their maknae. Jongin was the favorite member to be most of the time cut out, his screening time was reduced to the very minimum. Kangjoon was just stupid. And Geunji? He was even more stupid. At least Kangjoon was still allowed to speak. Geunji was told to not say anything at all if possible just because he had pulled an AOA and when asked, had totally forgotten when the Korean writing system was invented and that it - of course - was not an easier version of the Japanese Kanji. So what. Who needed to know that kind of stupid stuff anyway?!

“They will film you in the backstage area as some kind of Behind the Scenes. So try not to completely up this time.“, Taehee warned the boys, Geunji ready to bark at him any moment if he hadn’t noticed the two big plastic bags in Taehee’s hands.

“Taehee-hyung… what’s in there?“, Sian asked, pointing at one of the bags and when he touched it, his mouth started gaping. “It’s warm! Is that food?!“

How pathetic they had become to be in such delight when food was mentioned. Starving dogs, that was how they felt like. Sometimes Geunji wondered if BigHit had made Bangtan go through this hell of a treatment as well. But then again he reminded himself not to think about those things… unnecessarily getting angry was a waste of energy. And energy was on a low these days.

“I bought you some McDonalds. If you do well today, I will get you more.“, the manager answered and all of the boys’ eyes started sparkling. Food! It was actual food that was not just plain rice or cheap instant noodles! “But I expect you to show your variety skills today. Off- and On-screen. And no bullting again!“ He glared at Kangjoon and Geunji. “No showing off of your stupidity!“

All of them nodded and once they entered the dressing room, it became more than obvious what Taehee had meant when he warned them about the behind the scenes recording. There were cameras everywhere. Their dressing room was ridiculously small, the seven members not even fitting all into the room, some of them having to wait outside while starting to eat what Taehee had brought them. Jaekwang was about to finish Bangwon’s make-up, the show’s supervisor for the group watching the two with raised eyebrows when Kangjoon and Toby were finishing their second round of burgers within seconds. The supervisor was sitting on one of the seats, being halfway distracted by her phone, halfway by the boys behavior around her.

“We’re Black Dragon, and we eat like dragons!“, the leader talked into one of the cameras with the content in his mouth only being halfway chewed and Toby next to him almost chocked on a bite of his burger because Kangjoon had caused him to laugh. Taehee was sighing heavily and rolling his eyes.

Sian, in his yellow hoodie was looking into one of the mirrors, on which a camera was installed as well. The small boy was tilting his head, blinking, his eyes wandering towards Geunji who was in the middle of taking a bite of his burger himself. “You know what would be pretty cool? Have you heard of Juju on the beat?“

“You want to go mainstream?“, Geunji asked. “I just watched the videos twice, can you even do the dance?“ The maknae nodded vigorously.

Bangwon at that point was done with the prep work, Jaekwang quickly leaving the room, as he already feared the others to start their Juju and he clearly did not want to participate. Bah. Typical Suza, running from even the easiest stuff to do. The rapper, however, had his phone soon connected to the little music box in the room and the song was already playing, when he looked at Sian, expectation in his eyes. “Then show us how it goes.“

After a short explanation of how the dance worked, Bangwon and Geunji decided to improvise and let Sian do whatever. So, while Sian was doing his Juju, Bangwon and Geunji kept eating while every now and then they danced along. The rest of the group was standing outside, watching how Sian was being Sian, Geunji could not let go of his burger and even kept on eating and Bangwon ending up coughing because the fries hadn’t been too kind on him. It was fun, probably more because food was involved, but as so often, fun didn’t last long and as soon as one of the recording staffs showed up, the guys were chased out so Jaekwang could work on the last members to doll them up again.



It was the backstabber’s turn to get his make-up done and Geunji was sitting on the comfortable looking leather bench in the back, checking his phone and every now and then grasping a little glimpse of what Suza was doing with the brushes. Just then he noticed that the salad that Taehee had brought for the visual remained untouched from the status of stuff being sorted out which were not allowed to be eaten during Jaekwang’s strict diet. Nonetheless… Suza didn’t eat. And he grew even thinner than usual. His cheeks had fallen in and Jaekwang’s limbs looked unhealthily thin. It wasn’t Geunji’s business. Why did he even care? But his mouth was quicker than his mind. “You should eat.“, he told the visual and the slender guy halted during his movement.

“What?“

“At least eat a burger or something. You’re only skin and bones.“, Geunji told him and finally realized that he might have sounded like some caring wimp. “It’s ing ugly, you know? If you can’t do , at least take care of your looks.“

“But burgers are unhealthy.“, Jaekwang contradicted.

Unhealthy? There was green stuff in it! Pickles! “There’s veggies in it!“, the choreographer argued and wished he had still one burger left to show the visual that he was right. Then again Jongin turned around to give Geunji that certain look. Ugh. ing backstabber. Why was he judging him?! “What are you looking at, ? You’re not benefiting the group either!“

Great last words. Heavy last words. Manly. Oh yeah. That was a good way to leave the room. And that was exactly how Geunji left the room, hearing in the back how Kangjoon was mumbling something towards Toby that sounded very much like “I hope, they’re not going to show this anywhere…“.


Stress from variety shows. If one, then Geunji would have wished it was the only problem the guys would have had after promotions. But unfortunately that wasn’t all. Geunji was staring grimly at the empty jar in the middle of the circle that the members had formed in the middle of their training room, Jongin filling little snippets into it, each of their names written on them.

“Why do we have to do this bullcrap?!“, Geunji hissed.

“That’s how makestar works.“, Jongin answered and looked at all the others.

Makestar, that freaking crowdfunding site. Why did it feel more like ing themselves just for the sake of  getting money for one stupid album? Geunji resented the day that Taehee came up with the idea.

‚Let’s try crowdfunding!’, Taehee had said. And everyone had agreed immediately. Because nobody had foreboded what the manager had been up to. Not only did he offer specials like signed albums, meet&greets or light sticks… no, for those who were willing to spend more than 200$, he had come up with the idea to let the fans have special wishes they could drop at the boys like bombs. And they did. And what kind of bombs.

“So who will it be who has to wear dresses and dance in front of the BigHit building?“, Jongin announced and grabbed three snippets, got them out and immediately started snorting in amusement. head. Geunji already had a bad feeling about this.

“Oh, please tell me, it’s not me.“, Kangjoon was praying.

“It’s you, Hyung.“, Jongin popped the bubble and the leader got up to let out an angry roar. He even kicked his bag through the entire training room.

“Who are the remaining two?“, Bangwon asked, the hope in his eyes also strong. Nobody wanted to wear a dress and dance in front of all the fans. Nobody. How on earth did the fans even come up with those stupid ideas?! ing traitors! Fans were supposed to treat their idols well, not like some dolls they could dress up and let them dance for their entertainment! Oh wait… that was exactly what the whole idoldom was about, right?

“Sian.“, Jongin answered, the maknae not really minding having to wear a dress. “And Geunji.“ Again the backstabber was snorting, trying hard to suppress a loud laughter. He was enjoying it so much. Let’s see how much he’d enjoy this once Geunji got up and punched the laughters right out of his face.

“I’m not going to do it.“, Geunji refused strongly. “Read it from my lips: N.E.V.E.R!“

“You will. This was what the 200$ white cards were all about. Everyone who paid that much got a white card and could wish anything they want - except for ion… whereas there really was someone requesting a dinner-date with Bangwon…“ Taehee was standing in the corner of the room, watching how the Black Dragon members were deciding who’d have to go through the torture. “It’s not a big deal anyway and all of you will have to perform a girlgroup song. It’s just about the dresses.“

“It’s ALL about the dresses! I will not wear a dress, man! Never!“

That was Geunji’s last word. He’d never wear a dress. NEVER! NEVER, NEVER, NEVER!


Just a few days later Geunji was standing in front of the turquoise dress he was about to wear, cursing the entire time. The pink bow and the wig were both laughing at him, the red rubber boots being an eyesore. He wouldn’t wear it. He wouldn’t wear it! Why did he even agree to practicing the stupid song when he knew he wouldn’t wear it…?! WHY?!

“You’re ready?“, Kangjoon asked, already dressed in the glittery yellow dress, the matching bow and the yellow rubber boots. His manly muscles looked ridiculous packed in the girly clothes.

“God, you’re the ugliest girl I’ve ever seen.“, Geunji commented. He had to take it back the next moment, though. Because that was when Sian entered the room, completely dressed in pink. He really looked like a girl. In a very, very creepy way. “Let me correct myself. He’s the ugliest girl ever.“ Sian pouted and crossed his arms, the resemblance of a girl being very strong, very uncanny right there. It didn’t help that his pigtails were complimenting his face additionally.

“You should get dressed, the others are already done preparing.“, Kangjoon tried once more, Geunji still full of objection. He was standing there like a balky horse, unwilling to just move a single finger. Geunji wouldn’t do as the company was demanding of him. He said never! Never would it be! That’s what he thought, what he believed in strongly. Until Jaekwang happened.

When the visual opened the door to the training room that the boys had turned into a little dressing room, the hoots from outside were echoing through the hallway. Suza looked a little out of breath, his clothes being far from the embarrassment that the three colorful dresses of Kangjoon, Sian and Geunji were promising. He looked normal in his red pants, the white shoes and the check-patterned jacket. How unfair!

“Are you re-“, Jaekwang wanted to ask but then saw Geunji, still in his typical hip hop clothing. “…eh… Taehee told me to take care of your make-up before you come out.“, he muttered, the courage completely left him at the sight of unwilling Geunji.

“Oh … are all the trainees outside there?!“ The leader was soon pressed against the next wall, scared that some of the others would risk taking a look through the glass doors. Actually, Kangjoon was pretty much only worried of being seen by the female trainees.

Jaekwang was still looking at Geunji. “…not only trainees… I saw Arora out there, too. And some of the dance instructors.“

Dance instructors?! Like… Park Bongyoung? The Park Bongyoung that Geunji admired so much and accidentally offended during the stupid PUMA commercial preparations?! Geunji froze.

“UGH! NO!“, Kangjoon panicked. “I don’t want them to see me like this!“

“They are all anticipating to see you in dresses…“, Jaekwang mumbled further and that was what made Geunji reconsider.

Bongyoung was expecting him to show up in a dress. Would he let his idol down on this? Would Bongyoung not only remember Geunji as a rude idiot, but also as a party pooper?

“No.“, Geunji decided very determined, the rest of the boys looking at him in confusion.

“You’re not going to wear the dress still?“, Kangjoon tried to decipher Geunji’s outbreak.

“No.“, Geunji repeated and the confusion in the others‘ faces grew even stronger. “Get out the way. I need to be an outstandingly pretty girl!“, he even said and pushed Sian aside who had already approached Jaekwang to get his make-up done first.

“Turn me into something prettier than Arora.“




In front of the entertainment building familiar faces were already waiting for the Black Dragon members. Okay, they were not. Most of them were BTS die-hard Armys camping in front of the building. Still, today a lot of Black Dragon sympathizers had found their way to the building as well. Why? Because there were seven guys being tortured and executed in public. By cuteness. No, embarrassment. Those two often went hand in hand.

Geunji was fiercely staring his way through the crowd of trainees, Arora members and dance instructors cheering for them when they passed them by. And yes, Park Bongyoung also was one of those who were around. Geunji did his best to walk passed him, head high, proud as one can be. He was a beautiful lady right now. And nobody would touch his dignity. Not even that freaking, glittering dress.

The fans outside were going crazy once the three guys in the dresses set step outside the main gates and Taehee was already standing in the area that some staffs had shut-off from the crowds of BTS fans. Some were holding posters up in the air, Geunji noticed one that had his stage name on it. And it fueled his motivation to give this performance his all. There were people out there who were cheering on him, not making fun of him.

‚Han, fighting!‘

That poster was all he needed. And Bongyoung, of course. OH WAIT! Not the way you might think! What he just needed was APPROVAL. His ATTENTION. God damnit, this went the wrong way of imagination again. HE WAS ABSOLUTELY STRAIGHT. Just so you know.

Sian was excitedly running towards the fans, even reaching out for them over the barrier tape around their dancing area. The fans started screaming in ecstasy and the flashlights were raining on the members.

“Si- ACE! Come back now!“, Kangjoon was huffing and Sian happily hopped back to the two others.

The three of them got into their positions and as soon as the music played, the fans started cheering, not only the Black Dragon dedicated ones, but also the Bangtan fans, that were more than glad to get some entertainment and distraction from waiting in the cold with none of the BTS members showing up. Geunji noticed how the fans were cheering for him in particular, when he was acting all cutesy and yupp… he then was giving it even more of his all. At some point he even started enjoying the performance himself. The of the cheers was hit when Kangjoon couldn’t hold back and showed off his tricking skills, completely ignoring that he was wearing a skirt and not pants.  Orange Caramel’s Magic Girl ended with their final pose and the fans kept shouting for more.




(Sungjong, ball of pink - Sian; Dongjun, vision of yellow - Kangjoon; Dongho, torquoise temptation - Geunji)

That was when the second Black Dragon unit stepped outside and the roaring of the fans grew even louder. Bangwon in his jacket looked anything but content, he tried his best not to show it too obviously nevertheless. Tsk. Geunji would have switched parts with him if he had just wanted to… well, thinking about it now, maybe not. The choreographer was more than satisfied with how the three dancers had delivered their performance, so nothing more was needed to be added.

The music started once again and the four remaining members were performing their version of Sistar’s Loving U. As so often Toby was standing out like a sore thumb as in contrast to everyone else, he was wearing white pants and a red jacket. All in all, Geunji thought it was undeniable. The dress performance was a lot better than this one.



(Chunji, red stripe shirt - Bangwon; Sungjae, check pattern jacket - Jaekwang;
Donghyun, hat and pullover - Jongin; Zelo, white pants - Toby)


The whole presentation was just… not that great. Jongin was trying hard to stand out and whereas singing very big parts of the song, he just went missing next to Jaekwang, Toby and Bangwon who were showing a lot more charisma - yes, even Suza who was looking exhausted most of the time and from all the nervousness must have forgotten to put on his shoes correctly as their Velcro was flying around wildly while he was dancing, grabbed more attention than the backstabber. Jongin wasn’t the biggest problem, still. It was Bangwon’s showing non-existence of genuine motivation and Toby’s lack of practice. Both were constantly checking on what Jaekwang and Jongin were doing and even danced into completely wrong directions at some points. You heard right. Toby, that Toby, was not in sync with the others. And Geunji knew why.

For the last few days Bangwon and Toby had started to work on new songs. Again. Their promotion work had barely ended and they were already back working on new stuff. In between show schedules and preparations for the makestar special, they had started to increase their paper consumption and kept working late. Was it hypocritical? Yes. While everyone else had to take their jobs seriously, those two were rather doing completely different stuff, ignoring that they had to do the same like everyone else. And yet, there they were, with the girls even more screeching their souls out because Bangwon and Toby seemed to be the most popular. If Suza was popular? Geunji doubted that. But Jaekwang, too, received more hysterical screeching than anyone of Geunji’s group.

Hmpf.

At the end of the second group’s performance next to Geunji the ball of pink was suddenly rushing forwards, straight to the middle of the others. The leader was reaching out his hands for the maknae but Sian was so quick, he slipped right through them and the the screeching found a new .

Sian had done nothing less than ripping Toby’s shirt apart, skin flashing and girls going rampant. Toby was quickly moving towards Jaekwang, hiding behind him, hugging him tightly. His hands were locked in front of Jaekwang’s belly, the visual irritatedly looking down to them.

“Hah! Those rascals!“, Taehee was applauding their little extra performance. He was standing right next to waiting Kangjoon and Geunji, those two probably being the only ones to understand what he was saying while the screams were earsplitting. “They did their research. They know how to give the fanservice the fans are waiting for.“

In other words: This all was staged. Of course it was staged! Everyone could tell! On which planet would Sian rip Toby’s shirt apart and Toby hug Suza?! This was bad acting at its finest. But the fans couldn’t tell show from reality apart.

Stupid fans.

Oh yeah.

Really, really stupid fans.




 

 

author notes

Aaaaaand I am back with one more chapter. Yupp, I really feel the urge to write more and catch up with our heads here. Forgive me for the length of this chapter, I know it's shorter than most of the others... but yeah, I'll just let everything that comes into my mind and flows into the PC rain on you guys now. I hope you enjoyed some more Geunji. Next one will be Bangwon (I think).


Love your haters. they're your biggest fans. ”