Nine

BLACK DRAGON - BigHit's New Boygroup

Nine

 

sian

home

official

members

discography

Tracklist

You vs Me


“Wow, they are super comfortable!“, Kangjoon praised the orange outfits that the boys and the two Arora members got to wear for their performance. The weak attempt of lightening the mood didn’t work too well on the boys, though. Very last minute, like half an hour before the BigHit artists had to perform, the sponsors that Jaekwang had managed to win for Black Dragon had changed their minds that the boys were free to perform in outfits they had chosen themselves and therefore their black and white hip hop clothes were replaced by ‚presents’ they got from the sponsor. Presents… yeah. Presents was not really the right term to describe them. Geunji had beautifully put it into words when the others were asking Taehee if they could just not wear them: “We either wear the gayest, shiny orange suits on earth which are asking us to get ed in the or really get ed by the sponsors if we don’t.“ And they all hated them. So much.

“I don’t even think they’re that bad.“, Chaerin tried to give some credit to Kangjoon’s attempt to cheer everybody up but even that didn’t really work as Geunji was still there to wreck her attempts.

“That’s what you think because your girlish brain is telling you ’Oh dayum, this is shiny, it’s nice, hihihi!’“ He was mimicking a girly voice that sounded just entirely absurd and got half of the people in the room cringing. Chaerin glared at him shortly and everyone could tell that she dearly wished to hit Geunji in his face for his comment. However, Kangjoon was the one they ultimately had to hold back. Jongin just in time grabbed their leader’s arm before he could punch Black Dragon’s very own wrecking ball for insulting one of the girls he currently seemed to like. Geunji was laughing about Kangjoon’s failure in attacking him when Chaerin’s hand slipped and he got a slap on the back of his head that got him a little aback for a second. Sian didn’t understand all the fuzz about the outfits. No matter how much the others disliked them, he found them cool. The outfits had some Taekwondo vibe and on their backs a giant Chinese dragon sign was embroidered. Plus, the black bandanas they had to wear made him feel like some Ninja. And it just made him feel closer to their debut. Closer to his group. Black Dragon didn’t feel like a real group to Sian until this point. They were most of the time fighting or ignoring each other. Bondings? That was something none of the boys among them had ever heard about as it seemed. The bonds between Jaekwang and Hyukjae and Jongin and Yoosung had been torn apart with the only one remaining being Sian’s and Kangjoon’s friendship. But even that was step by step breaking because Toby kept Kangjoon away from the maknae almost the entire time. So what Sian was left with was the imagination of a group that was also a team only. The uniforms at least gave an impression of how it could be like to feel one. To feel together.


Everyone was already fully dressed and mentally preparing to hit the stage in about 15 minutes, Jaekwang still being in charge of putting on make-up on each of the guys and girls’ faces. Like an artist he had worked on their faces and Sian was watching him for a while when he was trying to get the best out of Geunji’s face who was more than unwilling to accept any make-up on it. He had managed to avoid getting any cosmetics on his face but even he couldn’t dodge it and so the last turn was his. Every now and then he was making another snarky comment about whatever crossed his mind and he wasn’t making it easy for Jaekwang at all, fidgeting all the time as if it was no one’s business. The rest of the group wasn’t even reacting to it anymore, everyone either being busy with stretching and going through the choreography another time or distracting themselves from their nervousness. Sian wasn’t the only one watching Jaekwang and Geunji, Shigure and Chaerin were also sitting next to them, amazed by how a guy could actually be better in using make-up than all of the Arora members together. But watching got boring to Sian after about five minutes and therefore he was looking for another pastime until Jaekwang was done with Geunji and they could finally have their prep talk and be nervous together.



Sian looked around the dressing room. Bangwon was nonchalantly leaning against one of the walls, his eyes closed while he was listening to some music, Sian didn’t dare talking to him in that sacred looking position of deep meditation. His eyes wandered further to Jongin, who seemed overly nervous without anyone to comfort him. He was sitting on one of the chairs next to them, his hands clasped together in front of his mouth, staring into nowhere in complete tunnel vision. Would he even listen if Sian tried to talk to him? And then there were Toby and Kangjoon left, both were stretching and going through their solo parts, giving each other advice and discussing about different movements. Kangjoon was Sian’s last shelter and he would always listen to the maknae! Always! No matter how much Toby was around!


“Hyung!“, the youngest called for the leader who didn’t reply as he was in the middle of a sentence dedicated to Toby. “HYUNG!“, Sian repeated himself and finally got to interrupt the oldest.

“Not now, Sian!“, Kangjoon huffed at him in the most grumpy way Sian had ever had to experience. No need to mention that he didn’t like it at all… and so he leaned back into his seat, looking for another activity.



Salty as one could be he had his arms crossed, turning his chair around for one or two rounds until he noticed that Jaekwang’s make-up kit was all opened and free to watch and touch. Curiosity got the best of him and the young boy immediately reached out for all the kinds of lipsticks and eye-shadows that Jaekwang had stored in his kit. Lucky Sian didn’t even need to worry about getting caught by the current make-up artist as Jaekwang was listening to Geunji ranting about the consistency of foundation. And there he went with using the stuff he had just found.

“Hey… what are you doing, Sian?!“, Shigure was alarmed after a while when she looked up from her phone and found Sian whistling happily in front of the mirrors. Sian turned around like a caught chap… and he really got caught in the middle of messing with make-up on his face. Everyone was looking at him and his pitch-black painted lips.

“SHIIIIIIIT!“, Kangjoon exclaimed but then started laughing. “Sian, dude, what the heck did you do?!“ The leader moved over to examine the black lipstick from a little closer and Sian felt a little satisfied of finally getting his attention.

“I thought I should try one of these.“, Sian said and held the black lipstick up. Next to Kangjoon, Jaekwang had turned around, his whole face showing the devastation about what Sian had just done. Geunji in the back was just frowning.



“No…“, Jaekwang whispered with a panic-struck voice. “What did you just do…?“ The worries on his face suddenly showing alarmed not only Sian. The rest of the group was suddenly all ears for what the Visual had to say about it.

“Can’t we just remove it?“, Jongin asked but Jaekwang’s face didn’t change which got the boys all sweating, Sian could definitely tell by looking at them.

“No…“, Jaekwang answered and shook his head. “We don’t have any make-up remover left.“



“What? But you used it the whole time on me, man! How can you run out of it, you amateur.“, Geunji taunted the Visual. Jaekwang was looking disgruntled at the ground, not daring to say anything about it but luckily Shigure was right there to back him up.

“Maybe because you were fidgeting like crazy and Jaekwang had to correct the mess on your face because of that! Oh wait…! The mess on your face was your actual face!“, she blurted out and immediately a fight took off. Shigure got up from her seat when Geunji jumped up, leaving that ridiculous image of that small girl vs the big bad boy.

“YOU CALL MY FACE A MESS?! YOUR IS A MESS!“, Geunji scoffed back at her.

“OH GREAT, THEN WE HAVE SOMETHING IN COMMON! THANK YOU FOR POINTING OUT THAT YOU’RE A BUTTFACE!“

Sian as much as the rest of the group - except for Bangwon who was back meditating with music - were watching the two fighting with only Chaerin attempting to stop them by nudging Kangjoon into his rips. Seemed as even she didn’t dare to get into Geunji’s firing line anymore.

“HEY!“, Kangjoon interfered after being urged by Chaerin and went between them. “It doesn’t matter how your face or her looks like!“, Kangjoon silenced both of them. “We have to find a solution for the lipstick accident over here! We have to perform in a few minutes after all!“

Geunji and Shigure both crossed their arms and started to grumble and pout like little children. None of them looked happy in the slightest but at least they were being understanding with their current situation and stopped yelling at each other. Once silence was back, Sian looked at the others with big eyes and a slight, hopeful smile on his black lips.

“There’s no way.“, Jaekwang said, now a lot calmer than before. “We neither have the time nor the means to get rid of the lipstick… so…all of us will have to put it on!“



Geunji was back there to protest again when Toby suddenly stepped next to Sian and grabbed the lipstick which had remained in Sian’s hands until then. The silence suddenly felt a lot more strained and the boy was only smiling at Sian. It felt weird seeing Toby’s eyes basically looking straight through him and even as if something icy had just passed the young boy. “Kids.“, was all the tall grown guy had to say to Sian and went back to Jaekwang, handing him over the lipstick so he could finally apply it on everyone’s lips. “Let’s all start using our intellect again. If someone messes up, the whole group as to come clean for the mistake. That’s how it is.“



Until that moment Sian had felt like the whole lipstick incident had been just fun. But Toby got him all upset with his words. He was seeing him as a kid. As a kid that didn’t use his intellect, right? As someone that the others had to clean up behind…? To the maknae it felt as if Toby had just vocalized a big, big rant about how stupid he found he was… and Sian felt like biting at a sour candy. Never had he been criticized that way by anyone. Sian had respected Toby for some time. But this was screaming for war. Sian wasn’t willing to let Kangjoon become someone like Toby. He wasn’t willing to let someone like him break their friendship.






Once everyone was done applying the lipstick, even infuriated Geunji, all of the performers had to gather behind the stage. Sian didn’t feel that much of pressure, he just felt the anger still boiling in himself. The others didn’t stand the stress too well, though. Jaekwang was frozen like an ice statue. Nobody except for Shigure really paid too much attention to it, but the girl did and she was constantly cheering him up and telling him to stay strong in a very long personal prep talk. Jongin still looked as nervous as before and even Geunji looked more stressed than usual, even though his fidgeting and making faces could have been a result of the make-up on his face he really didn’t like. Toby was preparing himself with some breathing techniques and Kangjoon? Kangjoon was acting worried to get some comfort by Chaerin which to surprise of everyone even worked out as she apparently was just too naive to see through Kangjoon’s super cheap attempt to flirt with her.



“Hyung!“, Sian interrupted Kangjoon as always and got his death stare shoots almost immediately. “Your prep talk.“, the maknae reminded the leader nevertheless and Chaerin quickly sided with Sian, being reminded of Kangjoon’s responsibilities as the leader. 



“Oh…“, Kangjoon muttered and cleared his throat. The boys and the two girls all looked at him with expectations. “Uhm… I never did something like this… but yeah. Do your best out there? Messing up is no option, so… just don’t mess up. I know you can do it… I believe…in us.“ With that said he left everyone with a frown and Chaerin with a facepalm.



“This feels like a deja-vu…“, she mumbled.



Taehee showed up shortly before the BigHit artists had to get up on stage, doing a great job in encouraging the youngsters. Not. Whoever had decided to make Taehee their manager didn’t know about how bad Kangjoon’s prep talks would look like and that Taehee’s were even worse.

“Don’t mess this up, okay?! Just don’t mess this up, your - no mine as well - OUR whole future depends on this! So go out there and don’t you dare making any mistakes or else we’re all destined to spend the rest of our lives out in the streets, begging for money! And that’s NO joke!“, he was throwing all his fears at the yet- trainees.



“Taehee is worse than Cheolmin… good luck with that, boys.“, Shigure commented and laughed shortly before she shrugged and patted Jaekwang’s shoulder. “I am positive, we’ll slay big time!“ 


Their manager was soon chased away by some of the staffs which were followed by a bunch of extremely beautiful models, both Koreans and foreigners. Kangjoon’s eyes were stuck at the pretty girls while Geunji started to fidget and move all the more, obviously feeling uncomfortable being faced by the models directly when he was having girlish make- up on his face.



“ you all, man, I didn’t sign for any of this, why am I wearing this make-up?! HEY! Suza! You’re dead when we get back to the dorm!“, he barked in an endless stream of complaints. “Look at all those hot babes passing by! Just imagine one of them stopping to talk to us! That would be the most embarrassing thing ever! That is all your fault then!“



“Oh my god! Hi!“ 



Talk of the devil, as soon as Geunji finished ranting, one of the girls suddenly stopped next to the group with everyone being shocked except for one. Geunji even made a whole step aside, when the random model approached them out of nowhere.



“Oh, noona! You’re here today, too?“, Toby greeted her and the girl moved forwards to give him a hug which caused most of the others’ jars to drop. Toby was close… to models?



“You never called me back, Taekyung-ah! It’s a shame!“, she and playfully punched his upper arm with Toby chuckling charmingly as a reaction. The whole scenery just looked too bizarre to the others. “I must be lucky to see you here again. I already heard that there’s an upcoming group performing today, I didn’t expect you to be in it, though. I’ll cheer for you!“, the model acted all cutely and completely ignored that the others were still right next to them. “Being on the path of becoming an idol instead of a model left it marks on you. If someone had told me before that I’d see you the next time wearing a bandana, I’d have told that person that it’s impossible. Our Taekyung’s hair after all is all sacred to him.“ She giggled slightly when the rescuing staff was back to push the BigHit squad further, leaving the model behind who was still waving at Toby while they were leaving for the stage.

“Call me!“, she shouted but none of them reacted.



The whole performance came out as a giant success (even though there really were some who messed up). Not only did the boys manage to get some sponsors more during the Fashion Week, their video also went viral after Taehee uploaded it on their official channel for the group. The hype around Black Dragon suddenly got all real and the boys felt the hope for an actual success with their debut to follow all along. But as much difficulties they had with mastering just that single performance… the whole production of the two songs they wanted to kick off their career with was more intense than anyone had expected. And a complete disaster. Not to mention that the pressure had become even bigger, now that people had become excited about their debut. It all started with the recordings where Jaekwang was all too overstrained with the bits of the songs he had to sing, Jongin being a complete savage now that they had gotten him into the salty mood because of the line distribution, Bangwon and Toby endlessly ending up in a ton of quarrels and bickering and then the choreographies were due… and that was the worst ever.

“We can’t put Sian there, that just doesn’t work!“, Geunji interrupted Toby and Kangjoon in their process of finding a solution where to put the BBoys during their second song’s choreography. “Sian has to stay here, otherwise the song and his parts don’t work out.“



Sian was sitting in front of the three guys, waiting for further instructions. Toby and Bangwon were mainly working on the choreographies together with Kangjoon there to assist them regarding the BBoy parts. Of course Sian was a little disappointed about none of the others asking him before to assist as well…but at least he was with the dancers now because they wanted to try if what they came up with until now would work or not. So far it didn’t look like it, though.

“But if we do it that way, it’s okay!“, Toby argued and even sounded a little upset about the others not accepting what he came up with. “If I can manage to do that, you should be able to do it, too!“

“No, Tobes… this is really not working. If we give him that position in the beginning, he’d end up in Bangwon’s way… or worse, in yours. We also don’t have a lot of time to get the choreographies that perfect into our heads to dance them completely blindly so nobody will crush with each other during a performance. This is not going to work except for if we change either the song or the choreography. We already recorded everything, so there’s no way than changing the dance.“, Kangjoon tried to convince Toby but the boy snorted and sat down at the floor, falling into deep silence while looking at the ground with his typical creepy opaque staring. “If we had more time to prepare, your idea would work of course… but unfortunately we don’t.“



“As I see it“, Geunji shared his opinion and placed his hands behind his head, “you guys didn’t think things through with the whole song plus choreography thing. If you want a great performance, you need to keep those who are doing all the difficult stuff out from too much vocal work before and after their performing parts.“



Toby looked up again, staring straight at Geunji who just ignored the way the member was looking at him. “What do you mean?“, Toby asked a bit more snarky than usual, grabbing the hint that Geunji was implying.



“The song has you in the focus, I do get that. But at the same time you were the one who wanted this choreography to be extremely big and difficult. To do that we need more than just two BBoys… a solution would be to include you to the BBoys. After all, you didn’t learn all of the basics from Kangjoon for no reason, did you? But if we go like this, you will have to switch parts. You won’t be able to do all the chorus, the whole beginning and the masses of rap parts. So what I would suggest is you switching parts with Bangwon. I could do the rap bits too but leaving Bangwon with singing parts only? I don’t think that he’d be too happy about that.“, Geunji explained and shrugged slightly.

“Wow, it’s the first time I hear you being reasonable.“, Kangjoon praised Geunji with a mixture of disbelief and surprise. Sian, as well, was surprised. Until now Geunji wasn’t that much of a very cooperative person. But he seemed to have his good points as well.



“I just understand how people are with their passions. If you’d make me sing and rap without any dancing left for me, I’d go berserk myself. So I take everything I get - as long as I don’t loose my right to dance and choreograph.“ Sounded legit.



“I wonder, though…“, Sian joined their conversation, “…if we pull a difficult choreography like for the HERA Fashion Week… we won’t be able to sing live on stage properly… wouldn’t it be better to keep the dance simple and just go for difficult stunts? That would make it easier for us, still be mind-blowing and maybe works for Toby’s parts as well.“



Geunji and Kangjoon both looked at Sian for a moment while thinking about his words. “It’s surely the better way but wouldn’t change anything for Toby. Just for the group in general. We should keep it in mind, however.“, Kangjoon approved partly.



Next to them, Toby was still deep in his thoughts, trying to figure out a way to make everything work. When he finally let out a loud sigh, the others knew that he understood what the problem was. “… we have to change not only the choreography but also the whole song.“, Toby said and laid his head back into his neck, his eyes gazing up to the ceiling. “…but how’s that even going to work out?“



“For someone who told Bangwon to back off because he was too slow with editing and stuff, you now seem a little too worried, mate. Wasn’t it you who bragged, you’d be able to produce better songs in just one day or somethin’? Welp, what happened to that attitude?“ Geunji got a sharp scowl of the younger member for his obvious side blow but Toby wasn’t up for fighting. He got up, walked over to his backpack and started working on a blank sheet of paper. The others quickly gathered around him, watching him writing down all the lyrics of their second song ‚Don’t tease me‘ and started drawing the choreography positions on another blank sheet.



“If we do this, I can keep the beginning.“, Toby showed them his outline but again the others didn’t seem any convinced. Sian could tell why. It didn’t work out again.

“If you go with this it would have to be Bangwon to do the BBoy bits. Even if you put Sian there, he’d end up with the rap line which just doesn’t work. Toby… just switch parts completely…“, Kangjoon told him another time but Toby just got upset with it.

“But Bangwon does not speak any proper English! How would he be able to do the part then?!“, he scoffed with the others taking a step back, suddenly hearing him getting obviously angry. Angry Toby was even more scary than the typical Tobes.



“Oh wow, Tobes, calm down!“, Kangjoon appeased him, being all overly caring to him which started stinging Sian.



“Why don’t you teach him then?“, Sian dared Toby and the boys looked over to the smallest with raised eyebrows. “Isn’t that the easiest and most logical way to solve this?“ He shrugged, knowing that he was right and to be all honest, he didn’t understand why Toby was making such a big deal out of it.

Toby cracked his neck shortly before he grabbed the sheets without another word and started scribbling again. Kangjoon and Geunji both watched over what he was doing while Sian stayed back, just waiting for what Toby was coming up with this time. It must have been better than before. But the way Kangjoon suddenly looked at Sian was unsettling him.

“This works. And…now that I see this… I guess this is the best way to solve our problem. And probably the only one as well without changing the whole song.“, Geunji approved and nodded, looking very much like a professional in contrast to the giant jerk image he just set up before their HERA Fashion Week performance.


Sian stepped closer to see what they were talking about and when he saw what it was, it hit him like a heavy fist in his guts. “That is…that is… how can you approve to that?“, he stuttered, all irritated by what his closest friend in the company and their choreographer in charge were agreeing with. “Why would you give someone who doesn’t have a lot of BBoying experience so many BBoy parts but you’re not giving any to me?!“, he complained openly and pouted, resembling a fluffy bunny rather than an angry guy.



“Because you can’t rap ! It doesn’t work any differently!“, Geunji lost any kind of patience, especially now that they had found a way to make the choreography work. “And why are you complaining, you still have your lines and you have your bits of BBoying!“



“You throw me around, that’s not BBoying!“, Sian contradicted.



“Isn’t that the easiest and most logical way to solve this?“, Toby interrupted Sian’s stream of anger, just to build it up double its size from before. Did he just…did he just use Sian’s exact words against him? The maknae was left all speechless. Speechless and with boiling anger.





Taehee thought it couldn’t get any better after the first success was filling him with too much joy to see anything bad to happen coming towards the Black Dragon members. Yes, he was of the opinion that now that they had made a debut possible even though they had started with basically nothing in the beginning, the worst part was already over. Happily he watched the boys during their photoshoot for the Black Dragon fanpage, feeling relieved. He was content with what they had achieved so far. Black Dragon didn’t make enough money to get all the promotions done AND a better debut video or a physical album production but at least they had made enough to send the boys to a hairdresser and get the equipment to make the video shoot possible. That was a pretty small achievement but to Taehee it felt good seeing that their career slowly took off. And seeing Sian’s hair not being the self-dyed mess of orange, whatever that was, anymore. He still had that prominent orange color but less looking like an accident.

The boys almost looked like real idols to him, being all professional. There was no one causing any troubles, no one pulling jokes in the middle of the shooting. They were doing what the team told them to do, finished the shoot really quickly and then left.

Taehee was proud. The bunch of boys nobody had expected to ever form a real group was working out. And he believed that until the morning of their debut video shoot.



When the manager entered the dorm and the boys were all acting really, really awkward and super cautious, especially regarding Toby, Taehee knew that he had been wrong the entire time.



“HYUNG!“, Kangjoon was the first to rush towards him before anyone else was managing to get to him. “No matter what happens, don’t talk to Toby about what you will see now!“, he warned him and the next moment he saw Jongin and Jaekwang getting Toby out of his room, the boy still being halfway asleep as if someone had drugged him the night before.



“Come on, Toby, we’re late!“, Jongin was talking to him and dragging him along, Jaekwang packed with Toby’s stuff he’d need for the video shoot following them. Jongin tried his best to hide his emotions and thoughts in contrast to Jaekwang who was the complete opposite, looking both - scared and full of guilt. Geunji was standing in the hallway, trying not to laugh out loud and Sian was watching them with crossed arms and an overly satisfied smirk on his lips.

was going on. Taehee knew the moment he saw the freshly blonde bleached hair Toby had gotten for the photoshoot having turned into a super intense red.

What.The..

 

 

author notes

Say hello to Black Dragon's baby boy Sian! That little fluff ball got all kremlin mode in this chapter, I am so sorry for that x'D But this devilish prankster has his mind now on troublemaker mood... like basically everyone else in the group. Taehee is such an idiot thinking that the boys are all professional because they don't interact with each other and instead focus on work. That's because they don't get along at all, bro.
Anyhow, I am sorry for leaving you waiting like forever! SORRY! But I am back and hope you all had a nice Christmas and get into 2017 all safely and with new inspirations and a load of happiness ^-^
See you hopefully soon in the next chap!

PS: One of the reasons it took me so long to update was, yupp of course Christmas, but also my new applyfic Bachelors' Paradise. If any of you is interested in interactice fanfictions, this might be interesting to you. Plus, bachelors are going to be BTS.  


“ Never poke a sleeping bear. ”