Twelve

BLACK DRAGON - BigHit's New Boygroup

Twelve

 

kangjoon

home

official

members

discography

Tracklist

And the winner is...

One week. One week had passed ever since Black Dragon debuted. One week full of stress, performing and an immense lack of sleep. One week that for BigHit wasn’t even enough, yet. Kangjoon thought that the stress couldn’t get any worse and that it’d be over very soon as the Black Dragon schedule didn’t contain a long period of promoting, unfortunately, due to the lack of money they had that was required to be paid for all those promoting spots in shows. But who was the leader to even assume there might be something like a break somewhere in sight? Oh yeah. An idiot. After all they had just debuted  and Kangjoon even admitted his stupidity himself when he found his group sitting in the big training hall of BigHit, the other members sitting each somewhere in the room waiting for Arora and the choreographer to arrive.

“BTS canceled one of the Puma commercial contracts because of their busy schedule. Arora was signed with it, too and BigHit can’t drop out of it… so you’re the ones to replace your seniors.“

It sounded so easy when Taehee had informed them about the plans BigHit had for Black Dragon right after their debut. But the easy vibe disappeared as soon as the manager mentioned a choreography that had to be learned and that they would perform together with the female idols of the company. Kangjoon wanted to rest, really, he felt like dropping dead every moment. But then again… a collaboration with girls. With Arora. He felt his naive heart bumping wildly in his chest. It was screaming. Screaming for some female attention. And so it happened that he was the most excited about the collaboration - in the beginning.

“This is bullcrap! If they want a choreography, they should have let me do it!“, Geunji was as always complaining. He was sitting next to Kangjoon and Toby on the floor, his cap covering the oily hair underneath as he hadn’t really taken a shower after the performance the day before. Kangjoon couldn’t even judge him for it. After all those days of hard work they were so worn out that even chewing their plain rice lunch was exhausting. So when there was a chance to get a little bit of more sleep, they grabbed it. Even if that meant one shower less.

“Because you’d have enough time to choreograph a partner choreography for 14 dancers while promoting at the same time. Absolutely. Yeah.“, Kangjoon gave back, being unable to sound snarky. He was just tired. The rest of the power he had he wanted to give to the gir-… the choreography of course.

In the meantime the other members were all busy with different stuff. Bangwon was busy with his phone and as the others had already noticed, he was checking on the reactions that the group received for their live performances and the MV and songs. Bangwon was reading it all. And he didn’t look too happy most of the time doing it. Kangjoon didn’t want to check what people were saying. Bangwon’s reaction was enough to show him that it couldn’t be all that great. Jongin was sitting next to the door, seemingly waiting for the Arora members that he was pretty close with - at least closer than any of the others. Toby was like Bangwon busy with his phone, just that Toby texted girls instead of reading comments. If they had just known what Toby was doing behind their backs…they’d beat the out of him or at least throw holy water straight into his face (he’d still be a walking bunch of filthy sins). And then there was Sian, calmly sitting in a corner, looking at the three guys in the center of the room. Ever since the debut stage where Sian’s phone mysteriously went missing, he had changed to a very quiet and introverted person. Especially when Toby was around. It was weird. But maybe he was just as tired as everyone else who had not the libido and stamina of Tobias Liebenthal.

“I’m still pretty sure that I’d do a better job than the choreographer for this!“, Geunji still argued, angrily throwing his arms up in the air. “Taehee just doesn’t want me to do it! But I’m sure that the choreographer won’t be as good as I am!“

“So should I go again instead of teaching you?“ Talk of the devil, the choreographer got in, listening to all Geunji had to say. And when he turned around and faced the person who would be in charge of teaching, he froze on the spot, his entire face showing the shock he must have felt just too obviously. “Hm?“, Bongyoung urged him to answer. Geunji, however, was unable to even move.

The Black Dragon choreographer was pretty lucky nevertheless as the girls soon entered the room as well and Geunji was able to hide in between the masses of people, cheerful squeals of girls that echoing through the room as soon as Jongin greeted the girls. Kangjoon attempted to copy him with a mixture of confusion following. And as quick as the happy vibe had occurred, it disappeared just as fast.

During the warm-up it was just too obvious that especially Chaerin and Shigure weren’t all that fond of Geunji. So much that even Bongyoung noticed the tension between them. “If you want to be professional artists, you should get over your disliking for each other. This is what you want to be after all, right? Professional artists. Your first priority.“ For some reason his words were so spiteful that even the Black Dragon leader caught up on what he was intending when he looked at Chaerin.

“Don’t take it too much to heart.“, Kangjoon tried to cheer her up, winking at her as he noticed Chaerin’s face turning all gloomy with a slight hint of guilt on it. “Nobody can be that professional.“

Bongyoung must have heard what Kangjoon had told the Arora member as he was calling him out for it at once. “Says the leader of the probably most chaotic group that ever debuted. However you guys even managed to debut.“ Ouch. That hurt. And it was a direct attack against him and his group, of course it drove Kangjoon mad. The bulky leader immediately stepped forwards to take Bongyoung to task but Toby noticed what he was about to do, grabbing his arm and pulling him back. If Geunji hadn’t been right next to them noticing as well what was about to happen, Toby wouldn’t have been able to stop Kangjoon. It needed the two members to stop the furious oldest.

The dance instructor ignored Kangjoon and started explaining how the choreography worked. “You’ll be dancing in pairs. There’ll be some of you being more often in the center than others but I’m positive you already know about that.“

Of course they did. They had to pre-record the song after all. Despite the anger some of the Black Dragon members had felt for the company throwing another task at them which pushed them into even more work and stress, the line distribution was far from being even. BigHit knew exactly who they wanted to put into the center. For this it obviously were Toby, Bangwon and Aeri. With some Yoonji and Chaerin sparkles on top. The rest of the lines went to Kangjoon, Geunji and Bangwon, who got the most among those three as he at least got a whole rap section just for himself. The point was that through the CF deal the popularity of each group’s members was revealed. And also that Arora was far above Black Dragon. The distribution of lines would probably look different if BTS hadn’t canceled the deal before.

“DIBS ON JAEKWANG!“, Shigure shouted all excited, raising her hand as she was jumping towards the tall-grown visual, beaming excitedly. All he did in response was looking at her with big eyes as he didn’t expect her to be that forward in approaching him.

“Yeah, absolutely not gonna happen. This is not ‚Make a Wish‘, Shigure.“, Bongyoung put her to a halt instantly. “So go back, I will tell you who is going to dance with whom.“

Very disgruntled Shigure backed off, shooting her death stares at the choreographer nevertheless.

As expected the running beauty of Arora was paired with Toby. Kangjoon couldn’t help but envy Toby for being able to dance with her… not so much anymore, though, when Bongyoung went further with the choreography and Kangjoon himself got to be paired up with Aeri. Aeri just reluctantly left Toby’s side to join Kangjoon, who grinned at her widely. Heck, she was a stunning beauty. Kangjoon almost regretted not having watched the ISACs during which Aeri grew to be the most popular of the girls.

“Nice legs… I mean booty, NO! I mean RUN!“, the words were uncontrolled gushing out of his mouth. Aeri’s face showed how much she was unable to approve any of his weak, sad, just utterly poor attempts talking to her.

Next to them Jaekwang was all intimidated by Yoonji who basically stared him down whenever he stepped on one of her feet or accidentally bumped into her. Sian and Xiuying didn’t even know how to interact with each other and the weirdness that lay over Sian’s personality like a dark shadow still, didn’t fade at all. The only couple that was working even worse together than them was Chaerin and Geunji. Those two didn’t work out at all. Two skilled dancers who couldn’t show their full potential as both were ending up bickering the entire time.

“Come one, move quicker!“ - “You’re doing this wrong again!“ - “WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! Don’t embarrass us in front of Park Bongyoung!“ Geunji’s list of complaints about Chaerin was endless and the Arora main dancer gave up, moving over to the mirrors to slump down there, crossing her arms, refusing to work any further with him.

“Chae, get up.“, Bongyoung told her immediately. As she didn’t move just the slightest bit and instead just scowled at the floor, he grew impatient. “Hey, stop acting like a child now! What’s your problem?!“

“Pair me up with someone else, this is not working!“, Chaerin huffed and looked up at Bongyoung, her eyes piercing through his. “I can’t work like this!“

Bongyoung laughed bitterly about the girl’s request. “Is this a joke?“

Everyone watched them, the whole atmosphere being more than just simply unpleasant. “Welp. That’s what you get for dating the dance instructor and dumping him.“, Yueliang couldn’t hold back a snarky comment.

“WHAT?!“ Geunji got all the attention back at him with his more than loud exclaim. “SHE DID… SHE DID WHAT?! !“

And as always Geunji didn’t disappoint in making a situation even worse.



There was no more day they spent in the training room with Arora and Bongyoung without Geunji showing up all nice and neat looking. He made sure to be showered, his hair being combed and he also was dressed in what he called his best clothes in terms of working-out.

After a week of additional training for the commercial choreography, extra recording sessions of the song and the mandatory few live stages because of their debut, the whole commercial thing was almost through. And so were all the Black Dragon members. They were wrecks, totally exhausted and absolutely nothing to work with. The recording of the dance practice would take place today, the recording of the actual CF following in a few days. Everything seemed perfect… except for the group dynamics. Not only were internal fights an issue… the groups didn’t work all that well together at all. The awkwardness between the girls and the boys was ever present. There wasn’t even a hint of things getting better as none of the boys had the nerve to change something. They were enduring, just hoping that it’d be over soon.

Kangjoon and Jongin were standing on the side of the room, watching how Geunji was trying to converse with Bongyoung about the choreography and other stuff, reminding a lot of a little child begging for their parent’s acknowledgment and attention when Yoonji and Ardene joined the two Black Dragon members.

“What’s with Yueliang?“, Jongin wanted to know when the two girls got close enough. He looked tired and worn out. As if he hadn’t slept properly for at least two weeks. Oh wait. That was totally the case.

“Hm?“, Ardene reacted and blinked at him, Yoonji remaining quiet behind her. “You didn’t hear of it?“ As if seeking for allowance, Ardene looked over her shoulder to check what Yoonji thought of telling them what was going on between the members and Yueliang. The female leader just raised one of her eyebrows. “Let’s just call it… internal conflicts.“, Ardene then said.

“I am going to kill him!“ Chaerin’s anger was proclaimed through hissed words as soon as she showed up , also joining the gathering, letting out a long and high-pitched noise of annoyance.

“Who? Bongyoung or Geunji?“, Yoonji asked, not trying to calm her bandmate down, nevertheless.

“Both!“, Chaerin answered. Ardene and Yoonji raised their eyebrows while listening to her. The female main dancer was exhaling loudly, placing her hands on her hips. Now even Jongin raised his eyebrows, examining the girl.

“Wow…“, Jongin commented and cleared his throat. “Chaerin… you do notice that this a Puma commercial and you are wearing Adidas - for the dance practice shoot…?“ He tried to point it out very cautiously, something that Kangjoon didn’t know until yet he could actually be. Jongin always was so savage towards the boys that the leader didn’t notice a soft side on the guy at all. Among those he liked he actually was able to be nice. Wow.

“What? Oh, common, this can’t be that bad! It’s not like BigHit ever gave us other clothes to wear for today. They told us which color the dress-code is. Not that we couldn’t wear any Adidas. Also, if this is the only shirt I have that looks neat, why not wear it?“, she disagreed, not sensing what he originally intended to tell her. Or she did but simply and more than mindlessly ignored it. Yoonji next to her sighed and started massaging her temples, her bandmate’s words causing her some serious headache.

Kangjoon chuckled shortly, amused about Chaerin’s mistake which she either wasn’t able to see or just didn’t want to admit to. Once more he was reminded that he actually wanted to ask Chaerin out after BigHit United. But then again the leg goddess grabbed his attention. “Oh! I think you’re not the only one in Adidas today!“ He pointed at said girl and Yoonji finally wasn’t able to suppress her frustration anymore.

“…oh man I really am surrounded by idiots only.“

Of course the faux-pas didn’t go unnoticed. Even Geunji noticed and he made sure that everyone in the room knew about it.

“You do know that this is a practice for a Puma commercial, right?“, he asked when everyone was taking positions to start the final rehearsal before they would start recording the whole routine. “I kinda had the feeling that your brain isn’t processing things very well after you liked those orange sparkle suits so much but being unaware of the fact that wearing Adidas for a Puma commercial video is a no-go can be counted as a crime of stupidity.“, Geunji scoffed.

The female dancer only rolled her eyes. “What are you talking about, I can wear whatever I want.“

A little more in the front Aeri was looking back at them, concerned. Kangjoon just barely managed to understand what she was mumbling in front of him. “…but… I’m also… ohhh…“ It was adorable. Kangjoon immediately felt the urge to hug and squeeze her.

“Oh jeez, someone set priorities the absolute wrong way!“ Geunji’s words were only hissed but still very understandable even in the farthest corner of the room. The unknown impact of his words this time was a lot bigger than before. As his words ran over his lips, Chaerin turned around, facing him flabbergasted as if he had recited someone’s words she had heard before. And the next echoing through the room was the sound of her hand meeting Geunji’s face.

How they managed to finish the whole shooting? Kangjoon didn’t know, to him it seemed like a miracle. What he knew, though, was that the video wasn’t all that good. Nobody was pumped enough to really deliver the choreography, they looked awkward together AND the fight over a stupid shirt alongside the weariness were showing especially on the boys’ faces.

“Short break!“, one of the staffs shouted after stopping the camera. “Have something to drink, you guys look bad! Way too tired!“

“No , Captain Obvious…“, Jongin muttered as he sat down next to Kangjoon, Geunji and Toby, Jaekwang and even Bangwon approaching them soon.

“Do they really think this is going to be any better? The longer it takes, the more we .“, Bangwon mumbled. His solo parts had become a sad attempt to just kill the time in the camera focus. He didn’t even really bother lipsyncing and so he was already walking away before his part even ended.

“We should still try. This is our first group commercial.“, Jaekwang reminded them, being the only one who seemingly had hope for the group.

“Which we only got because BTS was feeling too busy for it.“ As always Jongin was able to destroy any attempts bettering the overall feeling in the group.

Toby just yawned, stretching a little. Seeing him tired made him look more humane than ever, Kangjoon enjoyed seeing his robotic friend like this. “They probably will use one of the shots they already took. One or two more times and it’s done.“ He shrugged and grabbed his water bottle to sip at it.

Sian also crawled to the group gathering, this being another of the rare moments when the whole group actually was sitting together as one. He glanced over to the girls, then back to his own group. “Isn’t it weird that we’re getting along better than Arora? I don’t know why but Ying is very weird… same goes for Yueliang. I don’t remember them being like that.“

“You don’t even know them that well, Sian.“, Bangwon questioned his observation of them but Jongin was right there to back the maknae up.

“But he’s right. They’re not like usually. Something is off… did Taehee mention something? Those internal conflicts that Ardene spoke about… I think there’s more behind it.“

“How would he? Our great manager isn’t even around today. Too busy getting more for us to work on.“, Geunji assumed and dried his forehead with a towel. He was being extra cautious to not ruin his hair which was still something odd to watch. Usually would just put a cap on and tell them this would do.

Kangjoon looked over to see what the others were talking about himself. But as so often his eyes were stuck at Aeri again. Soon they would be done with the CF and that meant nothing but that the chances to meet again - especially that often - would vanish. “Okay, that’s it, I’ll have to do something. Toby, how do I grab attention successfully? Dude, help me on this!“

Not only Toby, also the rest of the group gave him that judgmental looks, telling him how random they thought he was. But also, the main rapper got up and shrugged. “If you say so.“, he said and then gushed all his water over Kangjoon. The other members around him got up from the floor, managing to avoid the water themselves just by a hair.

“WHAT THE , DUDE?!“

Dripping wet the leader stood there, his whole clothes drenched, his hair soaking. Nope, nothing he had expected. Nothing he’d even let Toby go with that easily. Just like him, Kangjoon grabbed his bottle, opened it and splashed the content at Toby like he did before. Again the others jumped aside, this time more angered.

“For ’s sake! STOP THIS !“, Geunji yelled.

“Jeez!“, was all that Bangwon could contribute.

In contrast to the furious leader, Toby looked rather taken by surprise. His eyes were widely rounded when he looked up and then his expression darkened. “You stupid idiot.“, he said calmly and threw a short side-glance at the girls who were all watching them by now - before he took off his short, standing there in nothing but his pants.

The squeals started almost immediately.

“TOBY, NO!“, Ardene shouted as she hurried over to Ying, to block her way to see what was right in front of them. Most of the girls still stared at wet and half- Toby.

Then it dawned on Kangjoon. He even had a better idea. Once his shirt was gone as well, he grabbed Sian’s water bottle, opened it and then started another round of splashing water, the yells of his co-members not stopping this time.

“KANGJOON, STOP IT FINALLY!“, Jongin complained loudly as he was hit by water. “! I AM DRENCHED TOO NOW!“ Yet, he wasn’t willing to go all stripper like the other two. “I HATE YOU IDIOTS!“

The fight of water, abs and fleeing Black Dragon members lasted for a while, the girls - plus Geunji and Jaekwang who had positioned themselves right next to them because the view from their place was the best - watching them in a distance as if they were watching a movie. Nobody even seemed to care about the fact that the whole floor soon was a wet mess.

“I think I am in heaven right now.“ Chaerin breathed heavily, standing next to Aeri and Shigure who could only agree.

“G-Give me a water bottle before this stops.“, Shigure sputtered, unable to move an inch.

“GET OFF OF ME!“, Toby was yelling as Kangjoon was pushing him down on the wet floor, the two boys starting to wrestle. Jongin, who already lost the war of staying dry, being the only one who tried to get the two idiots to stop.

Luckily Bongyoung entered the room again, finding the huddle of boys on the floor, the annoyance on his face screaming how angry he was. “YOU ING KIDDING ME NOW?“

Geunji turned around to the girls as soon as the choreographer stepped in. “I pay 50.000 Won to the person that throws water at Bongyoung!“, he announced but before one of the frowning girls could even react, Bongyoung, who had approached the boys to force them to seperate, slipped on the water on the floor.

“YES!“, Geunji cheered immediately and threw his arms up in the air. Bongyoung couldn’t share any of the enthusiasm. He slowly got up, fuming, close to explode. Geunji froze on the spot.

“YOU IDIOTS! STOP THIS NOW! I CAN’T BELIEVE I AM WORKING WITH FOOLISH KIDS LIKE YOU.“

With that the dance practice shoot came to an end long before they originally planned to wrap things up.





(Jooheon: Toby// Minhyuk: Jongin// Hyungwon: Jaekwang// Shownu: Kangjoon // Kihyun: Geunji // Wonho: Sian // I.M : Bangwon)



Kangjoon loved recording CFs.You thought differently? He did, too! But after Taehee threw them all into the van WITH a bunch of boxes filled with breakfast for them the boys held a private party in the van. Well, the boys minus Jaekwang who stuck to his strict diet. But to the others the lunch boxed were a very welcomed change and the food almost compensated the lack of sleep they were still suffering. Being a poor K-Pop group . Food was something… that they barely managed to afford. At least special foods they could not. So a breakfast box was something they could only dream of. Oh and coffee. Kangjoon was sick of the instant coffee they had to drink, it made him almost tear up when Taehee stopped at Café Bene to get the boys real coffee to be all wide awake during the shoot.

“I didn’t know I’d ever say this, but… IT’S 7AM AND I FEEL LIKE THE KING OF THE WORLD!“, Geunji cheered from the back of the car, raising his cup of coffee. Bangwon next to him started laughing and toasted with him on it, grateful for the coffee as well.

“After all I heard from Bongyoung you don’t even deserve this but the company wants you all to be fit when you arrive at the studio. If you do a good job, there’s lunch and dinner in it for you, too!“, Taehee informed them and the whole car was filled with growling guys.

“NO PLAIN RICE FOR US ANYMORE!“, Kangjoon shouted and an agreeing echo call followed as a response.

Jaekwang leaned forwards to stick his head between Toby and Taehee, who as always sat in the front. “What does doing good include?“, he wanted to know.

Taehee chuckled shortly. “No stripping, no splashing water around like kids, no half- wrestling AND no hurting of each other OR choreographers is required to do decently. Doing good includes good group dynamics, charisma in front of the camera and interactions with each other and the girls.“

“In other words what we always do when we’re on stage.“, Kangjoon translated.

“Yeah.“, Taehee confirmed it. “I don’t know how you manage to do that, but you guys at least know how to sell yourself on stage. It’s a Miracle. We should have named the group Miracle instead of Black Dragon.“


“Woah!“, Sian exclaimed when they arrived at the studio. Although the studio setting was kept rather simplistic, it was so much more than what Black Dragon was used to. Sian’s mouth dropped open, Kangjoon having to drag him with him to the make-up artists.

Being fed with breakfast and fueled with coffee properly was showing its powers when each of the boys actually behaved well while they got ready for the shooting. There was no Geunji complaining about the make-up, there were no Kangjoon and Toby going , there was no fighting. Jaekwang even ended up in a conversation with the make-up artist about different foundations and shades, something Kangjoon didn’t even understand a single word of.

And as smooth as the preparations went, the shoot went as well. “CUT!“, the director shouted as the first half of the CF shoot was through.

“Do better - but not with Puma but with actual food! Where’s the lunch they promised! Taehee-hyung! LUNCH!“, Geunji shouted excitedly, knowing that they were doing pretty fine. “I hope you didn’t forget the chili sauce!“

“Lunch! Lunch!“, Kangjoon also grunted loudly.

“Wow, what happened to you guys? Last time I saw you, you tried to kill each other but today you’re best friends?“ The Japanese member of Arora was standing next to them, eying them skeptically. She had her arms crossed and her eyebrows raised as she examined Geunji closely.

“The power of acting! The power of food!“, Geunji answered and winked at her, Shigure immediately shuddering and turning around to walk away from him.


Even though the shoot lasted the whole day, to Black Dragon the time just flew away like nothing. For once they actually had fun working on something (the food playing a big role in this, nevertheless) and Taehee looked overly satisfied next to Cheolmin, the Arora manager, who couldn’t say the same about Arora. He was the whole time after Yueliang and Ying, trying to motivate them to do a little better. Also, the presence of Bongyoung was pressuring at least Chaerin, who as a reaction was walking after Yoonji and Ardene, whining about it.

Again Kangjoon examined Bongyoung thoroughly. The leader was pretty sure, he was more handsome than the choreographer. And more muscular. Bongyoung had a great body, there was no way to deny that… but Kangjoon was ready to show-off all he had if asked to. But then as always Aeri crossed his view and he was reminded that he should maybe rather stick with her than Chaerin. Whenever Kangjoon was looking at Chaerin, Yoonji was pretty close to her, giving him intimidating death stares. That was sign enough to keep his hands off that Arora member.

“It’s a wrap!“, the staff announced and everyone on set started clapping.

“Huh? We’re done?“, Kangjoon asked startled, Bangwon next to him laughing about his reaction.

“Yupp, you should pay a little more attention to the staffs than the girls.“, he told him and patted his shoulder shortly before he left to get changed.

Meanwhile Sian was running around the set in excitement. “They said we can keep the clothes! YES!!!“

The Arora members all one by one left as well, Kangjoon’s chance to talk to one of them slipping through his hands like sand in an hourglass. Like that he was left with nothing to do than join the others in the dressing room, where the urge to ask one of them out was still torturing Kangjoon.

“Should I ask her out? I totally should ask her out!“, he thought out loud, Toby and Jongin both hearing him as they were packing their stuff right next to him.

“Ask out who?“, Jongin asked directly.

“Aeri.“

“Why would Aeri even want to go out with you?“, Toby questioned his idea immediately. “Is there a reason she’d agree to it at all?“ His words were hitting the leader like daggers. After all Toby was one of those people that Kangjoon was trusting blindly. And if he didn’t believe that she’d agree to a date with him, how were the chances that she would? “You don’t even know how to ask her out. Every time you try talking to her I can literally feel how much she starts to detest you.“

Again he hit bull’s eye. And Kangjoon’s heart with his word daggers. “…so how do you think I should approach her?“

“Not like you usually do.“

Kangjoon just finished packing his own stuff, sighing over the destroying opinion of his friend when Geunji entered the room. He must have listened to what the boys had been talking about as he was the one giving them a hot hint of how to proceed before the last chance was totally gone.

“I don’t know why you want to go for one of the girls, but if you want to, then you should do it now. Cheolmin is taking them home.“, he told them.

The leader threw his bag away and rushed outside, almost stumbling passed Geunji when he entered the hallway where the girls were standing in front of the main door. Some of them had their phones in their hands, some of them had a chit-chat. All of them looked over to Kangjoon, though, as he almost clashed with the wall on the other side of their dressing room’s door. As he noticed the females watching, he tried hard to play it cool. Clearing his throat pretty quickly, Kangjoon leaned against the wall, halfway posing, halfway having no clue of what to actually do. Yupp. This was not as he had planned. Not that he even had a plan. Maybe that was the problem.

“… I can’t watch this any longer.“, Toby muttered and walked out of the dressing room, walking over to the girls, Kangjoon irritatedly watching him go. He wasn’t the only one, Geunji and Jongin both leaned out of the room to see what Toby was up to. “Hey Aeri.“, he addressed the girl in front of everyone.The moment he stopped in front of her, being a lot taller, so she had to raise her head to face him directly, the blush on her face intensified times twenty. “When are you free?“

Oh! He was playing wingman! Kangjoon’s expression brightened up and he turned his head to Geunji and Jongin. Neither of them looked as him. Geunji frowned while Jongin faced Kangjoon with a shake of his head. No? No wingman?

“I…I… why are you asking?“, she answered, her eyes so big, she looked like a shocked dear. The girls next to her also looked baffled, Yoonji and Chaerin starting to eye-converse .

“I thought if I have some free time, we could-“

“Hey Toby, Hyuna is calling you!“, Jongin interrupted Toby’s attempt to snitch Aeri away right in front of Kangjoon’s eyes. And it worked. Toby turned around immediately. All Jongin had to do was to add something to entice the rapper away. “Yeah, your phone. It’s ringing. It says Hyuna.“

And gone he was.

Aeri’s expression of excitement dropped and next to her Ardene and Shigure started discussing. “Did he just try to ask Aeri out and stopped because someone else called him?“, Ardene vocalized what everyone was thinking. Shigure took the chance to finally rant about him openly with not everyone trying to shut her up again.

“Totally! What a douche!“

“Wait!“, Yoonji interrupted them, motioning with her hands to shut everyone up. She had to breathe for a whole moment, closing her eyes while making a very exhausted and at the same time overly annoyed face. “Did I just hear that Toby got called by Hyuna? Like KIM Hyuna? 4Minute Hyuna?!“

“Oh, you don’t know what happened between them during our debut?“, Geunji all of a sudden felt urged to comment as well, causing the fire of anger the Arora leader felt to burn even brighter. “Not saying that he b-“

“-NOOOOOOT NOW, GEUNJI!“, Jongin stopped him halfway, sensing the outburst of hatred coming from Lim Yoonji.

“So what, he banged her.“, Kangjoon finished Geunji’s sentence and the Arora members’ obvious shock was washed away by Cheolmin who arrived to rush them outside.

“Time to leave!“, he urged them. “No loafing! You have a pretty full schedule tomorrow!“

The last thing Kangjoon saw was the burning fire of destruction in Yoonji’s eyes and Aeri’s shattered feelings displayed on her pretty face. Kangjoon felt annoyed. Toby. Why did it always have to be Toby?

 

 

author notes

...and the winner for once is our beautiful idiot leader Kangjoon. 
I know I wanted to make this episode the Weekly Idol episode but then this collab happened and so... yeah, have some idiotic crack Black Dragon x'D I mean it, I felt like writing crack, writing this chapter. It's btw the start of a beautiful friendship... between Kangjoon and Aeri, you'll find out more about this later. But yeah. Next chap will FOR SURE be about Weekly Idol, so hopefully you'll be all looking forward to it! Seeya next time and sorry as always for my super late updates T_T 


don'T find fault. find a remedy. ”