GHOST?

My Untouchable Prince

 

“Yah! Have you heard about that?” Hyuna asked as I entered the classroom next morning. “About what?” I asked back. “Ah there is a rumor spreading around that there are sounds in this school at night” Hyuna gossiped. “So? May be because of the rats or birds around here.” I said. “No no. That’s not what I mean. I mean, that might be the cause of a…” Hyuna came closer to my ear as if to whisper but spoke even louder “Ghost!”

I shrunk “Oh our princess is scared” I teased Hyuna, “Where did you even heard that nonsense?” I acted cool. “Har you don’t believe me? I know you believe in ghosts”, Hyuna made a face. The teacher, Mr.Kwon entered the class as soon as the bell rang like a ghost. The class quieted down. He started teaching and I started thinking about ghosts, if they are really like those I see in movies. I snapped out of my thoughts when the bell rang. Out of the whole period of Mr.Kwon teaching, I just caught the last part where he assigned us homework for next week.

We entered lab after break and had a report due tomorrow. I shoved the practical bag under the table while carrying out the practical works. After school I waved bye to Hyuna and returned home. As I arrived home, I realized that I didn’t have my home key with me. *Argh, it’s in my assignment bag. Mom went out with Junah too. Shoot! * I turned my bicycle and headed back to school.

I could feel the setting sun. I swallowed hard as I see the dark school compound. I felt a strange chill as I went closer and a cool wind blew over. Hyuna was right, I am scared of ghosts.

A security man came over. “Ahjushi(Uncle), I left something over here I’ll go get it.” “Okay, you may go” he permitted. I stepped in side *There are securities here, why would I be scared? They’ll hear me if I shout* I cheered my self. The hall way was getting dark. I made my way straight to the laboratory. I entered. It’s dark inside too but I could see my bag in the corner of the long desk. I quickly went to take it and turned to exit but stopped. I noticed a glow, more like a dim light, in another corner or the long lab table. I got goose bumps. My brain tells me to leave but my curiosity took me closer there. The more I get closer, the brighter the light. I was now at the other side of the table. I started bending down, slowly, to look over and… “AHHHHH GHOST!!” I screamed with my highest pitch and I fall back when I saw that sight of a LIGHTED GHOST face lying on the bench right under the table. My tears streamed down with fright. I started trembling.  I could barely move with my hands one on my mouth one pointing at the dark figure who sat up. “Why are you making such a noise?”

This voice sounds familiar.

“I thought my ears exploded” he added. “Kiseop-shi! Is that you, Kiseop shii?” I asked in trembling voice. He put down his glowing phone on the table, “You disturbed my serenity” he said coldly. I wiped off my tears “I-I-I’m sorry”, I apologized and asked, "Wh-why are you here in the darkness?”  “What bring you here?” he asked back. I stood up slowly, picking up my bag “I came here because I forgot my home key here. You?”  He picked up his phone and started playing again. “I was punished”, he said at last. “Why?” “The teacher thought I fought with a guy. I’m not allowed to leave unless I clean the toilet” he said not even looking up, concentrating in his phone. “Have you done it?” I asked trying to look at him. “Why should I? It’s even better I don’t go back.” “Oh” I wanted to ask more but I just nodded my head and turned. The security man came over and said with a harsh voice, “Student Kiseop, have you done your punishment?” but Kiseop just ignored him. He smacked the table and looked straight to Kiseop “You better finish it quick or you’ll have to sleep over tonight. I have been waiting impatiently to go home” he ordered and stomped out. On the other hand, me standing at the door immediately made a decision to help. I went straight to the toilet without another work. I put my bag outside the door, switch on the light, pulled up my sleeves, grab the soap and the brush and started with the cleaning.

As I heard a fade footstep, I turned to look. I accidently stepped on to the soap, slipped and lost my balance. *Oh no* I shut my eyes.

A pair of arms caught me. I slowly squinted. It was Kiseop who caught my waist which prevented me from falling. His face was so close to mine, I could feel his breath. That sweet scent of his made me recall the first time we met. There goes again, that crazy heartbeat I can only hear, racing wildly. It felt like everything stopped and I wish time would actually stop there. But it didn’t. He quickly released his grip which made me stand on my feet. He scratched his head with one finger and muttered, “You okay?’”. “Yes, th-thank you”, I bowed awkwardly. He nodded and asked, “Why didn’t you go home?” “Ah I just wanted to help. So that you can go home” “Who told you to do it?” “Ne?” “I didn’t. So don’t act like it’s your business and just go home”, he said unemotionally and before I could say another word he left. *What am I supposed to do when he already left? Hooo* I let out a big sigh.  I finished up with the cleaning since it’ll be a waste of my hard work. After everything’s done, I closed all the lights and left the compound. It’s already dark and I know mom’s going to question me a lot. I cycled back home.  As I arrived in front of my house, I looked up at the place beside,

*Is Kiseop home yet?*

_______________________________________________________________________________

Surprise everyone! Although I mentioned that I will only be back after June, I cant help but just update since my exams are over and this is like a celebration! Notice that it's first June?Thank you guys so much for your wishes and your support, without reading the comments I wouldn't have made this far, so don't hesitate to comment as well as advice, I appreciate it. I would also like to thank BubblesSweet for reviewing this chapter!  ^^ Now how do you find this chap?