Another ride

My Untouchable Prince

 

I opened the door and entered. The lights are all closed. *Hmm, seems like no one’s home. But why this late* I thought. Just as I was wondering that, I took off my shoes and stepped inside, my phone rang. It was from mom. “Mom, why aren’t you two home this late yet?” I complained. On the other line my mother spoke with a shaky voice “~~~ah, we are at the hospital now. Your…your dad is in the emergency room right now.” My eyes widened. “Our dad? Wh-why?” before she respond I continued “Mom, wait there. I’m coming right now. Which hospital? ” I listened for the name of it and hung up. I lock up the doors again and immediately left the house and ran down the lane for taxi. I was hiring for a few minutes with my index finger motioning for one of them to stop but none did. Then suddenly, a familiar blue sports car stopped in front of me. The car window slid down and a head popped out.

“~~~-shi, what are you doing here?” the guy in the driver seat asked. “Oh Kevin-shi, I was just trying to hire a taxi but seems like no one is going to stop for me”, I said helplessly. “Oh well then get on. I could drive anywhere for this young pretty lady!” he offered help. “Can I, really?” I made sure with my glittering eyes. “Of course!” Kevin eagerly said. I couldn’t reject since this is the only way to get to the hospital so I get in the car. He gave me a smile then drove off.

“So where should I send you to?” he asked while driving. “Namsung hospital”, I replied with an unstable tone. “Hospital?” he asked in amazement. “En. My dad’s sick.”  He asked no more but sped up the car. My hands were trembling. Kevin noticed that. He forced a smile and “Your dad’s gonna be ok, don’t worry”, he comforted. I gave him a weak smile. *Dad, please be okay* I prayed in mind.

When we arrived at the hospital, Kevin asked if I would mind him coming with me but I shook my head so he came out with me. I met up with mom. She told me that dad fainted at work and his colleague brought him to there. After we waited for a while, the doctor came out, so we quickly stood up. The doctor called my mom and said “We found something suspecting in the brain. After a certain check up, he’ll have to take an operation before anything could happen. He’ll need to stay here for a week.” My mom looked at the doctor with worriedly and said “Operation? Is it serious??”  The doctor shook his head “No, it seems like nothing to worry about. It is all cause of the stress. Don’t let him work too hard”, he reassured. “Ah ye, thank you doctor” my mom said then we bowed at him and he bowed in return then left. We let out a great sigh and we went in the room to see dad.

“Thank god your dad is okay”, a voice said from behind. I was shocked and turned around to see Kevin behind. I forgot that he was still there. “~~~ah, this is?” my mother asked curiously looking at him. “Oh ahma, this is my new friend-”, before I finish the sentence, he greeted with a smile, “Lee Sung Hyun. Nice to meet you ~~~’s mom!”. “He send me here since no taxi would stop”, I introduced and explained. My mom gave a weak smile and nodded, “Thank you gentleman, for bringing my daughter here. I feel bad but, can you take her back home please?” I gave her a ‘What?’ look and protested “No mom, I’m going to stay here and help for the night till dad wake up”, but my mother shook her head and said, “No dear, you have school tomorrow. It’s enough with me here”, “But…” I tried another time. Mom looked straight, “I’ve already sent Junah home with your dad’s colleague. He’d be alone at home.” I heaved a sigh and agreed to go home at last.

 

On the way home on Kevin’s car, he asked me “Who’s Junah?” while driving.  “My 13 years old brother”, I answered while staring out the window. “Aww”. To break the silence, I looked at him then asked, “Your real name is Sung Hyun?” “Yea” still concentrating on driving “But you can just call me Kevin, leaving out the ‘shi’. Or you can even call me OPPA” he winked and I scoffed. But then he realized that it was a bad joke after all I came back from my sick father. He changed the subject and asked where he should send me back. I opened my mouth to answer but then stopped to think. I don’t know why but I don’t want him to know that I live just next to him “Just drive me to your house.” He blinked, “My house? Why?” I scratched my head, “Er…because, er…My house is near there, I can walk home”, I bluffed. “But I want send you back to your home.” Kevin pleaded.

 It was a tiring long day for me and we didn’t talk much. I rested back and sank into the soft cushion. Without realizing it, I fell asleep.

============================================================

Authou's POV

After an hour of drive the car stopped infront of his house. “~~~ah”, Kevin called out when he turned but found the girl asleep.  He gently patted her shoulder and whispered her name, then looked closer if she made any reactions, but there was no response. He was about to wake her up but then stopped. For some reason, he didn’t want to wake her up. He just stared at the girl’s sleeping figure. Slowly shifting his eyes from her forehead to her closed eyes behind the big glasses, to her small rounded nose with the surrounding soft pink cheeks, and at last they landed on the pink glossy lips.  He swallowed hard at the attraction of the lips. The playboy was dazed and all he knew was that he wanted to kiss those lips. Without realizing, his lips were already only a centimeter away from hers.

============================================================

I felt the hot air that stimulates me to wake up and eventually I repositioned my neck and opened my eyes. To my surprise, Kevin’s face is the only one that came into view. My sleepy eyes widened as his face blocked my sight. Without waiting a second, I pushed him hard back to his seat. His head hit the car window with a soft thud, “Ouch! I never knew a pretty girl like you would have so much force”, he complained, rubbing his head. I breathed hard, my face was burning, “Just what were you trying to do?!”  “Er…nothing”, he searched for words, “I was just wondering if you apply any lip gloss”, he gave an excuse, “so I was just having a little  close up look”. “Oh, um, no I didn’t”, I blushed, I don’t know what to say so I changed the subject, “well, thank you for the ride Sung Hyun, I’ll be heading home. Take care”, I quickly climbed out of the car without glancing back. I swiftly walked back home with heavy steps. *What the hell was he saying and trying to do?! He’s wierd.*

Meanwhile, Kevin was left dumb founded in his car with many thoughts in his head, *What was happening? Why was my heart beating so fast? Why did I even…want to kiss her so much?* he slapped himself in his mind. He started the engine then drove off into the gates with a sigh *Whoo, that was close*.

______________________________________________________________________

Hello guys, sorry for not updating for so long. OTL well actually I updated this chap before but aff was on crisis this got deleted. I also waited long enough for aff to restore this but it didn so at last I update again. The change in POV of this chap was separated  by '=' so hope you're not confused. this chap is abit cheesy but I wish u don't mind it and enjoy. I just hope my fic never gets boring for you. Shout out loud to you  for giving me all the support I needed!!