005

Just the Five of Us

 

005

 

The first few weeks after moving in together have been nothing but blissful for Sunggyu and Woohyun. Now that he has an amazing cook living with him, there’s delicious food on the table whenever Sunggyu comes home from his shift at the hospital and Woohyun also gets to have someone to cuddle with in bed. Even though they barely see each other during the day, starting and ending it with each other are the things that they cherish the most. Mrs. Nam and Sunggyu’s parents would occasionally drop by for dinner to check on them and sometimes, they even bring groceries so no one really complains about these visits.  

 

The triplets are also growing wonderfully well and four months into the pregnancy, Dongwoo is starting to tease Woohyun about how he looks like he’s ready to go on labor any moment. Of course, Dongwoo is only exaggerating (not a lot though) whenever he says that but nonetheless, Sunggyu is worried that he would offend Woohyun on a day when the man is especially sensitive.

 

Thankfully, Woohyun would always take it light-heartedly, proudly patting his belly while saying, “It’s because they’ll be strong like me when they come out!”

 

However, despite the overall healthiness of the pregnancy, it can’t be denied that the hectic days at the restaurant are taking a toll on Woohyun. With the growing stomach on the way, he can’t really walk around the establishment as much as he used to without running out of breath.

 

On a particularly busy Friday night, Woohyun comes home looking tired and gloomy. Sunggyu, who is on one of his rare off days from the hospital, is sitting in the living room. As soon as he hears the shuffling in the kitchen, he removes his earphones and puts his book down to greet his boyfriend.  

 

“You’re home!”

 

Woohyun is standing there, pouring water for himself with his baby bump bulging from underneath his stripes sweater. The sight is utterly endearing and in a blink of an eye, Sunggyu is hugging him from behind, head tucked in the crook of Woohyun’s neck while he mumbles incoherent sweet nothings.

 

“How was your day?” Sunggyu says finally resurfacing after a few moments.

 

Woohyun shrugs and mumbles, “Horrible.”

 

He shakes Sunggyu’s arms off of him and puts the glass in the sink. Sunggyu follows his form with worried eyes and finally notices that Woohyun looks like he indeed had a horrible time at Haneul today. He pulls Sunggyu by the hand and leads him to the living room so they could sit on the fluffy couch as he starts to recount the day with an adorable pout.

 

“Haneul was packed a while ago because there’s some art event happening at the university nearby. The staff members were a little overwhelmed because even though Haneul is usually filled with people, we never had a crowd that big so some orders were mixed up and customers complained.”

 

Woohyun pauses to look at Sunggyu who is listening intently. Then Woohyun suddenly looks livid as he remembers something.

 

“Gyu-gyu, there was this man who ed at me about petty things like the air conditioning in the restaurant and how the staff didn’t respond to his call at once! I mean, what was he expecting, right?! There were like fifty other customers trying to get the staff’s attention so it’s only natural for them not to notice him immediately! I swear, I was this close to strangling him! I would’ve twisted his scrawny neck already if Haneul’s reputation wasn’t on the line!”

 

Sunggyu wants to laugh and ruffle Woohyun’s hair because he is adorable when he’s mad but he knows that doing so would only make the other’s mood even more sour so he settles for a small smile instead. Woohyun resumes his complains and at some point, he has to stop to catch his breath.

 

“I feel really sorry that you had a bad day, baby,” Sunggyu says. “But you have to calm down now. Being angry is bad for you and our triplets.”

 

“I know, I know. I had to sit down several times earlier because I felt dizzy and out of breath. I’m sorry, babies…” Woohyun says, looking down on his stomach at the last part.

 

    “I think you should take a little break, Woohyun-ah,” Sunggyu blurts out.

 

    Woohyun looks at him with raised brows, looking surprised at what he suggested.

 

    “How could I? I’m the owner of Haneul,” Woohyun says.

 

    “Yes, but your staff would do just fine.”

 

    “But the restaurant just opened, Sunggyu.”

 

    “And it’s doing so well. I’m not saying that you’re not going to visit at all. I’m just saying that maybe you can visit twice a week or lessen the hours you spend there.”

 

    Woohyun purses his lips and looks like he’s actually thinking of Sunggyu’s suggestion.

 

    “But I don’t think it’s right…” Woohyun says.

 

“Listen, how did your employees react when you had to sit down earlier when you felt dizzy?” Sunggyu says.

 

“They were really worried and they crowded around me,” Woohyun answers, not really seeing the connection of the question to the matter at hand.

 

“Yeah, and if you continue to show up there and over-exert yourself like you did, they wouldn’t be able to concentrate on their jobs. They would just be worried about you and you would become another responsibility.”

 

Woohyun raises his brows and looks at him like a little child while Sunggyu berates his sharp tongue for using that inappropriate term instead of something nicer so it wouldn’t offend his sensitive boyfriend. Luckily, Woohyun is already used to Sunggyu’s straightforwardness and chooses to understand the point he’s trying to make instead.

 

“I guess it would be better to just stay at home,” Woohyun slowly says.

 

“You could take yoga classes for pregnant people or something,” Sunggyu lamely suggests.

 

This makes Woohyun scrunch his nose distastefully. His stomach is heavy enough despite just being in the second trimester of his pregnancy, the last thing he needs is to subject himself to anything that requires him to exert effort.

 

“I don’t want to go to lame yoga classes,” Woohyun whines as he pulls his legs up to make them rest on top of Sunggyu’s lap.

 

“Okay, but Dr. Choi said you need to have some sort of exercise routine, right? It doesn’t have to be yoga but you have to find something, Woohyun-ah,” Sunggyu says.

 

“Nooooooo!” Woohyun wails. “Me and the babies don’t want to exercise!”

 

Sunggyu’s little eyes widen at this and while laughing, he says, “Who are you and what have you done to my Woohyun? That freak loves exercising!”

 

    “Hmph! Well, you made your Woohyun pregnant, so you did this to him. I’m just going to laze around and become a whale shark,” Woohyun says.

 

    With Woohyun acting this adorable, Sunggyu can’t stop himself from reaching out to ruffle his boyfriend’s hair fondly. Woohyun demands to be cuddled so they cuddle until both of them become sleepy.

 

After moving to their bedroom and tucking in, Sunggyu whispers into Woohyun’s ear, “You have to move around a little while pregnant, okay? Do it for yourself and the babies.”


 

 

Before Sunggyu leaves for his shift at the hospital, he wakes Woohyun up and tells him to walk around the neighborhood after eating breakfast. This effectively puts the younger one in a bad mood, shouting at Sunggyu to get lost and never show his stupid hamster face in front of him ever again. But after rolling around the bed for a few minutes and calming down, Woohyun feels sorry for reacting that way. He reaches out for his phone on the nightstand and sends a text to Sunggyu.

 

Sorry for blowing up on you like that. I just hate that you’re making me take some time off from Haneul so I could rest and then you’re making me get some exercise.

 

Woohyun stares at the message he sent and can’t help but feel like he’s still being pretty y so he sends a follow-up message.

 

Have a nice day ^3^ I love you ♡♡♡

 

Two minutes pass by and Woohyun stares at his phone, not believing that his boyfriend still hasn’t replied to his messages. He almost throws his phone at the wall but the doorbell suddenly rings. Woohyun makes a face in confusion since he’s not really expecting any visitor today but he stands up, anyway since it’s actually time for their first monthly bills to arrive in the mail. He really believes that it’s the mailman with their bills so when he opens the door and sees Lee Sungyeol towering over him, he’s completely shocked.

 

“Surprise!” Sungyeol cheers, bouncing little Ahreum and little Minsoo in his arms excitedly.

 

Hyunsoo, whose small face can be barely seen through his thick mop of raven hair, is smiling brightly up at Woohyun next to Sungyeol’s long legs. He ruffles the little boy’s hair and asks them to all come inside.

 

“Did we surprise you, uncle Namu?” Hyunsoo asks, bouncing around the house in excitement.

 

“You sure did, Hyunsoo! It’s too early and don’t you have school?” Woohyun says.

 

“That brat didn’t want to go to school. Even when Myungsoo and I scolded him, he just wouldn’t budge,” Sungyeol interjects as he shakes his head, making Hyunsoo pout sulkily.

 

“But the kids are making fun of my hair!” Hyunsoo defiantly says.

 

“That’s because you don’t want to get a haircut,” Sungyeol points out with a raise of a brow.

 

“I don’t want to! They would make me look ugly!”

 

“They’re not!”

 

Woohyun laughs, shaking his head at the adorable bickering sight of Sungyeol and Hyunsoo.

 

“Hyunsoo-yah, if I were your classmate, I would’ve made fun of your hair too. It looks like a bird’s nest, dear. You have to cut it or it’s going to come to life and swallow your little siblings,” Woohyun interrupts.  

 

Hyunsoo gasps in horror and to Sungyeol’s amusement, he immediately promises that he would be a good boy and let the ahjussi at the barber’s cut his hair. He obviously adores his little siblings and it really warms Woohyun’s heart. He could still remember their high school days when Sungyeol and Myungsoo were having difficulties while the former was still pregnant with Hyunsoo. He could still recount how everyone helped the young couple through it even though Sunggyu had been a about it in the beginning.

 

Unpleasant things might have happened and separated Myungsoo and Sungyeol but what’s important is they’re now very happy with their beautiful children. Seeing Sungyeol’s little ones is really making Woohyun feel excited to have the triplets. Sure, it would be one hell of a ride but it would all be worth it.


 

 

“What do I do with this?”

 

Woohyun is holding little Minsoo’s dirty diaper with two fingers, obviously grossed out as he crinkles his nose. Sungyeol rolls his eyes and crosses his arms in front of his chest.

 

“You roll it up, of course! The last thing you want to do is to hold it up like that unless spreading the stench in the atmosphere is your goal!” he answers, demonstrating it using Ahreum’s dirty diaper.

 

“How am I supposed to know?!” Woohyun grumbles, mimicking Sungyeol’s action.

 

“You’re an adult! That’s like a common knowledge…” Sungyeol says. “Okay, now wipe his privates just like this.”

 

While he’s demonstrating on Ahreum, Woohyun looks at him with a horrified expression.

 

“What? Come on, hyung. Don’t let him be exposed for too long,” Sungyeol presses on when Woohyun just continues to look at him with a dumb expression.

 

“You...you want me to wipe your kid’s ?” Woohyun whispers.

 

Hyunsoo, who has been watching at the sidelines, giggles upon hearing the word ‘’ so Sungyeol glares at Woohyun.

 

“Yes, hyung, that’s what I just said. Go on, quickly now.

 

“But it’s...it’s gross!”

 

“Seriously?! He didn’t even poop! It’s just pee! He’s a baby! He doesn’t even consume anything but milk and water! Stop being like that!”

 

Flinching, Woohyun finally wipes Minsoo’s privates clean and just like what Sungyeol did with Ahreum, he puts some baby powder on Minsoo’s bottom.

 

“Okay, now we’re going to put on fresh diapers!” Sungyeol cheers but Woohyun doesn’t really see what’s so amazing about that.

 

“Woohyun hyung, pay close attention to how I do it, okay? You don’t want the diaper to be too loose or too tight because it would make the baby feel uncomfy and it’s probably going to make a mess too.”

 

Woohyun wordlessly nods as Sungyeol starts to put diaper on Ahreum. He raises her legs, slides the diaper under her, covers her privates and neatly tapes it up.

 

Easy peasy.

 

Well, not really. After three attempts to put it on Minsoo, Woohyun still can’t fasten it properly. He wants it to be perfect but the tape just keeps going diagonally or whatever and little Minsoo is starting to get impatient. Minsoo is trying to roll over causing Woohyun to let out a frustrated groan that startles the baby.

 

“Oh no...don’t cry, Minsoo-ah!” Woohyun says as Minsoo whines.

 

“Put the diaper quickly, hyung. He’s going to get grumpy,” Sungyeol states, obviously unfazed by his crying son.

 

Woohyun’s hands are shaking as he tries his best to put on the diaper on Minsoo who is kicking at the air while wailing.

 

“Shh, shh, uncle Woohyun is sorry! Please don’t cry, Minsoo-ah,” Woohyun frantically says. “Damn it! Don’t you have slip-on diapers or whatever they’re called?!”

 

After Woohyun fails a couple of more times, Sungyeol finally takes pity on his crying baby and decides to intervene. He finishes with a flourish within seconds and Woohyun can only roll his eyes at the look on Sungyeol’s face.

 

“This is one of the basics, hyung. You’re gonna have to put on diapers for three babies.”

 

“I’ll buy slip-on diapers instead! Gyu-gyu will help me too, mind you!”

 

Sungyeol snickers as he calms Minsoo down.

 

“Uncle Woohyun, do you know how to make milk?” Hyunsoo suddenly perks up.

 

“Of course! That’s something I’ve done before for my cousins,” Woohyun confidently answers.

 

“Then can you prepare the twins’ milk, hyung?” Sungyeol says.

 

“Sure thing!”

 

Woohyun opens the baby bag that Sungyeol brought with him. He takes out the baby bottles and the milk container before preparing the milk with ease. Sungyeol smiles at him when he returns, two well-prepared bottles of baby milk in his hands.

 

“Here you go!” Woohyun says, presenting them to Sungyeol.

 

“Thank you, uncle Woohyun,” Sungyeol says in a ‘baby voice’ as he sways the twins in his arms as if they’re the ones talking.

 

Once the twins are peacefully drinking their milk in Sungyeol’s arms, Woohyun lounges next to him. He puts a hand on his baby bump and lets out a long sigh. He can’t believe that something as simple as learning how to change diapers could actually wear him out. But then again, with three little humans growing in his petite body, doing other simpler tasks like speaking could prove to be quite taxing to him nowadays. He’s barely in the second trimester of his pregnancy and he’s feeling anxious about how he’s going to do in the coming weeks.

 

“Tired already?” Sungyeol interrupts his thoughts.

 

Woohyun nods with a small pout.

 

“I can barely keep my eyes open right now. I just want to sleep but at the same time, I want to eat tomatoes and onions with soy sauce,” Woohyun says

 

“That’s not even the hardest part yet. I still have a lot of things to teach you,” Sungyeol says, casually ignoring his friend’s sudden craving for tomatoes and onions.

 

“Yeah, yeah, whatever. I know! But I’m just tired right now,” Woohyun yawns. “Come back again tomorrow or whenever maybe these little ones are going to cooperate then…”

 

Getting an idea from that, Sungyeol grins at Woohyun.

 

“That’s a great idea. I can come here every once in a while or you can come to our place so I could teach you some basics!”

 

But even before Sungyeol can finish speaking, Woohyun has already fallen asleep. Hyunsoo giggles and gently puts his little hands on his uncle’s baby bump.


“Sleep tight, babies.”