002

Just the Five of Us

002

 

Just as Woohyun predicted, Saturday feels like a million years away especially when the feeling of being pregnant with their little ones is becoming more and more prominent with each passing day. The morning sickness continues to be a part of his routine and Woohyun dreadfully notices that the nausea is getting worse. He can’t even come up with a decent melody and as a songwriter, he’s starting to get frustrated. He tries to unwind and get his mind off things while managing his newly opened restaurant but the mixed smell of dishes being served and the noise are making him feel even more sick. His mom, who doesn’t know about the triplets yet, keeps fussing over him being sick every morning. The only good thing about that is that he has someone preparing his breakfast for him when he feels too sick to do so. His days are starting to feel like he’s spending them inside a washing machine where he’s just being spinned and dragged by his hormones.

 

With his days being this way, Woohyun would almost immediately fall asleep when he comes home. During the four days of waiting for Saturday to come, he only got to talk to Sunggyu twice because the older would only be out of the hospital during ungodly hours when Woohyun would either be sleeping or too groggy to hold a decent conversation.

 

It’s finally Saturday and the first thing that Woohyun does is to get up at five in the morning so that he could cook a decent breakfast to bring to Sunggyu’s place because only God knows how long it’s been since that old man last ate something that is not instant and full of sodium. His mother wakes up when he’s halfway done and when she heard that it’s for Sunggyu, she cooks more side dishes. Mrs. Nam is very fond of Sunggyu and Woohyun could laugh and shake his head at her. He spends twenty minutes retching his guts out in the toilet and another twenty trying to shake the nausea off. He has a headache that is urging him to go back to bed but his excitement of finally seeing his boyfriend after almost two weeks of separation is overpowering him.

 

It’s a few minutes past seven when Woohyun finally arrives at Sunggyu’s place. He pulls out the key that the older gave him and unlocks the front door only to scrunch his nose when he is hit with the smell of unwashed laundry. Woohyun finds Sunggyu sleeping on the couch, still in his gray scrub suit with his bag messily thrown on the floor. A cup of instant noodles is sitting on top of the coffee table along with three more that have been toppled over (probably the instant noodles Sunggyu ate in the past days).

 

“This man…” Woohyun mutters, shaking his head as he places all the food he brought on the kitchen’s countertop.

 

He walks back to the living room and stands beside the couch, fondly looking at Sunggyu who is still in a deep sleep. With his mouth slightly parted and his hamster-like front teeth showing, Sunggyu lets out a soft snore causing Woohyun’s sanity to slip away. He squeals and drops his whole body on top of the older, peppering Sunggyu’s face with butterfly kisses even though his skin is really oily at the moment.

 

“I missed you, I missed you, I missed you!” Woohyun says, kissing his face each time.

 

Sunggyu starts to stir awake when he feels the wet kisses on his face. He initially thought that a dog is him but when he opens his eyes, he is met with the puppy face of his beloved Woohyun.

 

“Woohyun-ah,” Sunggyu rasps out, rubbing sleep out of his eyes.

 

The said man plants a lingering kiss on his lips and Sunggyu feels his head nuzzling under his chin afterwards. Having Nam Woohyun waking you up is the same as having a puppy waking you up. Both are cuddly and fluffy.

 

“I missed you so much, Gyu,” Woohyun whispers against Sunggyu’s collarbone.

 

Sunggyu smiles and tightly wraps his arms around Woohyun.

 

“I missed you too.”

 

They stay like that for a long time, the silence comfortably wrapping around them. Sunggyu is starting to slip back into slumber because of how warm and soft his boyfriend feels on top of him. On the other hand, Woohyun is smiling to himself. The nausea disappears and this is the most comfortable he’s felt since finding out that he’s pregnant with their triplets. Sunggyu is his home and he wishes that they could just move in so he could at least rest beside him at night. But Woohyun understands that his boyfriend has his reasons so for now, he opts to savor what he could before it’s time to part once again.

 

Woohyun himself is starting to fall asleep but Sunggyu’s stomach is suddenly growling in hunger. Startled, Woohyun lifts his head to look at him. Sunggyu laughs and shrugs.

 

“Did you bring food?”

 

 

The food that Woohyun brought has been wolfed down by Sunggyu in record time. He initially thought that he cooked too much and some could be kept in the fridge for the following days but in less that ten minutes, all the food is almost gone.

 

“Have you not eaten for days?!” Woohyun exclaims as he watches.

 

“Just noodles,” Sunggyu says through a mouthful of egg roll and kimbap.

 

“Are trying to get kidney cancer?!” Woohyun scolds, putting more vegetable in Sunggyu’s bowl.

 

“I can’t remember the last time I’ve eaten a proper meal,” Sunggyu says. “Thank you, Woohyun-ah! This is why I love you.”

 

“If you’re too lazy to cook, just drop by the restaurant and I will feed you. Don’t eat noodles everyday!” Woohyun says.

 

“Haneul is too far from the hospital. Don’t you have a delivery service? I would appreciate if you deliver personally,” Sunggyu says, winking at him and making him blush like a teenager.

 

“No, we’re too busy already!” Woohyun laughs.

 

“Fine, I’ll drop by sometimes. You better be there when I do,” Sunggyu says.

 

Woohyun plants a kiss on Sunggyu’s cheek in fondness and watches him continue to stuff his face with more food. He places one of his hands on his stomach listens to Sunggyu talking about the fascinating medical cases he’s come across at the hospital so far.

 

In a few hours, the triplets’ existence would be revealed to Sunggyu and things will drastically change for them. Woohyun hopes that the changes would be for the better and he hopes that Sunggyu won’t pass out in shock.

 

There’s not just one or two babies on the way, after all. There are three little babies on the way.

 

 

Myungsoo just finished bathing the twins and putting them into fresh clothes. They are almost three months old and they are getting more and more active. Soon, they are going to start crawling around and then Sungyeol and him are not going to have a minute of rest when that finally happens. But for now, the twins are taking their afternoon nap beside Hyunsoo. Myungsoo heaves out a breath of relief before planting kisses on each kid’s temples.

 

“Hyunsoo badly needs a haircut, Yeollie,” he says when he joins his husband in the living room.

 

Sungyeol is lounging on the couch watching some variety show while folding the laundry. Myungsoo sits beside him and starts helping as well.

 

“He has my hair and if we let it grow any longer, he’s going to be teased for having a bird nest on his head!” Myungsoo continues.

 

“That’s what I told him, Soo. But Hyunsoo hates it when strangers touch his hair,” Sungyeol says.

 

“Maybe I could cut his hair?” Myungsoo suggests causing Sungyeol to snort.

 

“You? What do you know about cutting hair? He’s going to end up with bald patches!”

 

“How difficult can it be?” Myungsoo laughs, softly nudging Sungyeol in retaliation. “Hey, Woohyun hyung used to cut hair before, right?”

 

“No, he was just an assistant at the salon and that was back in high school, honey.”

 

Myungsoo tosses a mini jacket back in the basket when he can’t figure out how to fold it and gets a pair of pajamas instead.

 

“Besides, Woohyun hyung has a lot of things to worry about already,” Sungyeol says.

 

“Myungsoo, oh my God, I forgot to tell you!” Sungyeol suddenly exclaims when he remembers that he still hasn’t told his husband about the big news.

 

“What is it?” Myungsoo frowns, internally trying to calm his heartbeat from the sudden outburst from Sungyeol.

 

“Remember when the twins were born? Woohyun hyung and Sunggyu hyung were there and they left because they were grossed out when we started kissing?” Sungyeol says, talking fast because of his excitement.

 

Myungsoo nods with a chuckle, remembering that moment clearly.

 

“And I said that they’re probably just leaving to make babies of their own then you replied that they’re going to end up with triplets?” Sungyeol says.

 

By this time, Sungyeol is laughing so hysterically that Myungsoo can barely make out what he’s saying but he still understands. He has a brief moment of flashback in his mind…

 

“I’m getting suffocated with the cheesiness in this room, Woohyun-ah,” Sunggyu says.

“Yes, I can't believe they're letting two newborns and a nine-year-old see all this,” Woohyun replies.

“Let's escape?” Sunggyu offers, looking at Woohyun with raised brows.

“Yeah,” Woohyun agrees.

With that, they quickly leave the room hand-in-hand.

“Pft, they're probably escaping so they could make babies of their own,” Sungyeol snorts, pecking Myungsoo on the lips.

“Yeah, they're probably going to end up with triplets,” Myungsoo snickers, returning the kiss.


 

“Woohyun hyung and I went to Dr. Choi yesterday because he said he’d been feeling sick lately and he just wanted to check. Guess what!” Sungyeol continues.

 

“What?” Myungsoo eagerly asks.

 

“Those two are going to have triplets! Woohyun hyung is pregnant with three little babies right now! What you said came true, after all!” Sungyeol says.

 

Surprise is Myungsoo’s initial reaction and soon it’s replaced with something like a mix of excitement and fear. Excitement because how often do triplets come into this world? Fear because Sunggyu and/or Woohyun might kill him when they discover that it was him who said that they’re probably going to end up with triplets.

 

“Woohyun hyung is a little worried but he’s mostly happy since he considers this a blessing and I agree with him. Don’t you find this amazing, Soo?”

 

“Of course, it’s a blessing and I can’t wait to meet the triplets as well. But you have to promise me one thing, Yeollie!” Myungsoo says.

 

Sungyeol stops letting out his feels and looks at Myungsoo questioningly.

 

“What?” he asks.

 

“Don’t you ever mention to Woohyun hyung or to Sunggyu hyung that I said that they’re going to end up with triplets, okay? I don’t want them going after my for putting this upon them or something…” Myungsoo says.

 

Sungyeol gives him an incredulous look and is about to laugh but when he sees how serious Myungsoo is, he rolls his eyes.

 

“That’s so irrational if they blame you, Soo!” Sungyeol says.

 

“You never know! Woohyun hyung is going to be hormonal and Sunggyu hyung’s going to be sleep-deprived soon, so just don’t say anything about it…”

 

Sungyeol frowns at Myungsoo, still thinking that he’s a little ridiculous but promises secrecy, anyway.


 


 

It’s afternoon and the sun is almost setting. Woohyun and Sunggyu missed each other so much that whenever they occasionally brushed against each other, it would result into a cuddling or a makeout session. After numerous attempts of cleaning up Sunggyu’s apartment, they finally succeed. Both fresh out of the shower, the two of them are lounging on Sunggyu’s bed while looking through fast food delivery pamphlets. Woohyun could cook dinner for them but cleaning wore him out so much that he gave into his boyfriend’s suggestion of just ordering out.

 

“No, I don’t want black bean noodles, Gyu…that’s too oily!” Woohyun groans, crumpling up the Chinese restaurant’s pamphlet and tossing it to the other side of the room.

 

Sunggyu laughs in amusement and ruffles Woohyun’s hair.

 

“What do you want then?” he says.

 

“Fried chicken sounds delicious,” Woohyun says while looking at the picture of a bucket of fried chicken on one of the flyers.

 

“Wow, as if that is less oily than black bean noodles,” Sunggyu shakes his head.

 

“At least it’s not noodles. I forbid you to eat noodles for the next two years!” Woohyun retorts.

 

Sunggyu doesn’t have time to protest anymore because Woohyun is already dialing the number of the fried chicken place and in no time, two buckets of fried chicken had already been ordered. Woohyun kisses him and goes on to tell him once again how much he missed Sunggyu. A comfortable silence is stretching between them but as the clock ticks, Woohyun knows that the time to tell Sunggyu the news is getting closer and closer. He wants to save it for later when they’re done filling their stomachs with greasy fried chicken, wants to delay it as much as possible because he’s scared of how things could turn out when he tells Sunggyu.

 

“You look troubled.”

 

Woohyun snaps out of his thoughts and sees Sunggyu looking at him with a worried expression. His already small eyes are narrowing as they examine Woohyun, making them seem like nothing more than lines on his face. When Sunggyu is looking at him like this, he knows that there’s no escaping anymore. Sunggyu would know if he lies, so he decides to just go drop the bomb.

 

“Sunggyu,” Woohyun begins after a shaky intake of breath.

 

“Hm?” Sunggyu hums.

 

Woohyun gulps and when Sunggyu notices, he runs his finger’s through the younger’s thick hair.

 

“What is it, Woohyun-ah?” Sunggyu’s tone is gentle but it is laced with worry and seriousness.

 

“I’m going to tell you something but you have to promise not to yell at me or something,” Woohyun says, burying his face at the crook of Sunggyu’s neck.

 

“Ya, you have to tell me first. If you deserve to get yelled at, then I would,” Sunggyu says.

 

“Gyu~!” Woohyun whines, kicking his boyfriend’s calves repeatedly.

 

“Ouch! Alright, alright! I promise not to yell. Now spill!”

 

Woohyun pulls away from being cuddled in Sunggyu’s arms to sit up and look at the older better. He unconsciously places a hand on his stomach and takes a deep breath.

 

“I’m pregnant.”

 

Just like that, the news is out. Woohyun is looking at Sunggyu intently but the latter is wearing an unreadable expression. A few more seconds pass by and Woohyun is getting impatient and antsy by the lack of reaction.

 

“Say something…” Woohyun says.

 

Sunggyu sits up as well and looks at him while still wearing that unreadable expression on his face so Woohyun’s brain is starting to come up with horrible scenarios. He’s preparing himself for the worst but when Sunggyu finally speaks, he’s caught off guard.

 

“Wow...really?” Sunggyu whispers with a small smile.

 

Woohyun could only nod.

 

“This is really...great, Woohyun-ah,” Sunggyu continues. He holds Woohyun’s hands in his and squeezes them gently.

 

“How far along are you?”

 

“...Dr. Ch-Choi said around n-nine weeks,” Woohyun says.

 

“Wow...just wow. We’re going to be daddies?” Sunggyu breathes out as he affectionately puts their foreheads together.

 

“Y-Yeah,” Woohyun chuckles, finally getting a little relieved.

 

“Wow…”

 

It seems like that is the only word that Sunggyu can come up with at the moment and Woohyun can’t blame him because even after days of knowing about his pregnancy, he is still very much overwhelmed by it.

 

“Are you happy?” Woohyun asks.

 

“Of course, I am. I mean, it’s really sudden and I’m honestly so nervous about this but...I’m happy. I’m happy that we’re soon going to have a baby together,” Sunggyu answers.

 

Sunggyu kisses him before pulling him in for a tight hug.

 

“Not just a baby, though,” Woohyun pipes up.

 

“Huh?” Sunggyu asks in confusion.

 

Woohyun tightens his hold on Sunggyu’s collar and finally reveals the cherry on top of his news.

 

“We’re having triplets, Gyu.”

 

“What?!” Sunggyu exclaims, breaking the hug to look at Woohyun with his eyes opened as wide as they could.

 

The younger sheepishly bites his lips and gives him a nod.

 

“TRIPLETS!” Sunggyu shouts.

 

“I told you not to yell at me!” Woohyun exclaims and Sunggyu ignores him, continuing to have a mental breakdown.

 

“Th-Three babies...at once?”

 

“Uh-huh.”

 

“There are th-three babies i-inside you r-right now, Woohyun-ah?”

 

Woohyun rolls his eyes because Sunggyu acting slow and dumb is starting to annoy him.

 

“Yes, that’s what having triplets means, Gyu-gyu! Can you please stop acting like an imbecile?”

 

Sunggyu shifts his position so that he’s sitting at the edge of the bed, back facing Woohyun as he puts his head in his hands.

 

“Hey...what’s wrong?” Woohyun says, moving to wrap his arms around Sunggyu’s shoulder.

 

“This is too much,” Sunggyu states, face hidden from Woohyun.

 

“I know, Gyu. I’m very overwhelmed too, so it’s okay for you to feel this way, okay?” Woohyun says as he tightens his hold around his boyfriend.

 

“No, this is going to be way harder for you than it’s going to be for me. I’m a little scared. I'm sorry, Woohyun-ah,” Sunggyu says.

 

“I’m scared too,” Woohyun admits, “but knowing that you’ll be with me through all this is making me feel strong and invincible.”

 

Sunggyu looks at him and his teary eyes break Woohyun’s heart.

 

“I’m very scared, Sunggyu. I’m terrified because carrying triplets is no walk in the park and I can’t stand the idea of something bad happening to me or to any of our babies. I’m terrified that this might ruin my body and make me look like a whale. I’m so worried that we might not be good parents to them and they’ll grow up naughty or resenting us,” Woohyun carries on while Sunggyu could only listen.

 

“But I have you, right?” Woohyun smiles, kissing Sunggyu’s shoulder affectionately.

 

Sunggyu pulls him on his lap and hugs him tightly.

 

“You’re right, as long as we’re doing this together, I know...I just know that we’re going to make it through this just like how we made it through so many challenges in the past,” Sunggyu says.

 

Woohyun snuggles closer to the other as he feels his heart melting because of those loving words. He can’t wait to have the greatest adventure of his life with Sunggyu.


Author’s Notes: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR PRECIOUS LEE SUNGYEOL!!! Anyway, this chapter was only partially edited. I apologize for any mistake! Hope you liked it!