012

Just the Five of Us

012

 

Sunggyu could already feel a headache creeping up on him as he looks at the way Sungkyung and Sungwoo are wailing their tiny lungs out at the same time. Sungwoo is uncontrollably wiggling in Sunggyu’s arms, trying to flex his entire body while he cries and Sungkyung is on the bed, looking irritated as she tries to roll over on her stomach. Sunghyun, who is also on the bed, is just simply making spit bubbles as he waves his short chubby arms in random directions and Sunggyu whispers a tiny thanks to the little trooper who is always behaved in situations like this.

 

“Alright, what do you my babies want?” Sunggyu sighs, also putting Sungwoo down on the bed so he could ‘analyze’ the situation.

 

Sunggyu is still in his hospital scrubs and he thinks he should probably change first before being around the triplets but if he wastes another minute in trying to make the two of them stop crying, they might turn blue...or worse...Sunghyun might decide join in the crying party. As if a lightbulb appears on top of his head, Sunggyu grins when he remembers Woohyun telling him before he left with Sungyeol that the babies need their nappies changed, so he walks towards the dresser and grabs three diapers. He nods in appreciation upon seeing that Woohyun bought the slip-on type because Sunggyu would be damned if he has to try and put ‘traditional’ diapers to the triplets.

 

“Okay, since you are behaving like a proper human being, I’m going to change your nappy first, Sunghyunnie,” Sunggyu chimes.

 

Changing Sunghyun’s diaper is as easy as breathing because the baby boy doesn’t try to twist around or kick at him and in less than a minute, Sunggyu is done. He moves on to Sungkyung next and this is where things start to get a little complicated. His favorite princess is really trying to roll on her stomach and Sunggyu can’t even get her pajamas off because of this. When he finally succeeds on taking her pajamas and diaper off, she accidentally kicks his nose. This causes Sunggyu to let out a howl of pain and the sound makes Sungkyung stop crying. She stares at her daddy and when Sunggyu hisses at her, she lets out a giggle that’s so adorable that Sunggyu can’t help but let out a giggle of his own. With his nose still throbbing, he lets out a howl again and this time, Sungkyung full on laughs.

 

“Do you really find it so funny when I’m in pain, Sungkyung-ah?” Sunggyu says as he shakes his head.

 

Sunggyu continues to make Sungkyung laugh by pretending to be in pain and after about five minutes, he finally changes her diaper successfully. But the moment he turns away from her to attend to Sungwoo, Sungkyung starts wailing again.

 

“Wait a minute, princess. I’ll just change your brother’s diaper,” Sunggyu says.

 

This only makes Sungkyung cry even louder and as if trying to compete with her, Sungwoo also cries harder.

 

“Sunghyunnie, are you sure you don’t want to join your siblings?” Sunggyu sarcastically says while changing Sungwoo’s nappy.

 

Sunghyun merely looks at him while still making spit bubbles. In Sunggyu’s moment of distraction, Sungwoo kicks his legs causing the diaper to tear.

 

“YA!” Sunggyu yells in frustration.

 

His yell had been so loud and it startles the life out of all the triplets. Sungkyung is staring at him, Sungwoo is still crying and to his horror, Sunghyun is pouting and soon, he’s also crying.

 

“No, no, no, no, I’m sorry! Sunghyun, don’t cry. Daddy is sorry!”

 

But it’s too late, Sunghyun is already crying and now that she got over her initial shock, Sungkyung is also crying. Sunggyu wants to join in the crying but he tries to hold it together and finishes changing Sungwoo’s diaper.

 

“Your diapers are all fresh and new but you guys are still crying?” Sunggyu softly says. “Okay, let’s call appa...maybe he’ll know what you guys want. Yeah, let’s call appa...”

 

In a daze, Sunggyu gets his phone and calls Woohyun. To his relief, Woohyun immediately picks up.

 

“Woohyun-ah,” Sunggyu begins.

 

“Oh no, Gyu-gyu, is everything alright?” Woohyun worriedly asks. His boyfriend doesn’t have to say anything. He could already hear the crying of their babies in the background.

 

“No, they won’t stop crying! I already changed their diapers!” Sunggyu complains, miserably looking at the triplets.

 

“Try giving them milk. They might be feeling a little hungry by now. If they still won’t stop crying, call me again, okay?” Woohyun suggests.

 

“Okay. Thanks, love,” Sunggyu says.

 

“Sure. I’ll make this shopping quick. I’ll be back soon,” Woohyun says.

 

Sunggyu hastily makes milk for the triplets. Sungwoo hungrily accepts it while Sungkyung rejects her bottle.

 

“Fine, be that way, Sungkyung-ah,” Sunggyu pouts.

 

He moves on to Sunghyun and to his relief, he too becomes quiet as he starts to feed on the milk. He kind of figured it out already that Sungkyung would be the most difficult to appease, so with a sigh, he takes her into his arms. At first, she doesn’t stop but when Sunggyu starts softly humming a lullaby as he gently sways, her crying dwindles down to sniffles and soon, she’s slowly drifting into sleep. Sunggyu fondly smiles at her and proudly deduces that each and every feature on her beautiful face is a copy of his own facial features. The only thing she got from Woohyun is the shape of his small face and that just makes Sunggyu adore her even more.

 

Sunggyu slowly lays down on the bed next to his two identical baby boys as he continues to hum softly. Sungwoo lets out a huge yawn, making the milk bottle soundlessly fall on the bed and Sunggyu watches him fall back into dreamland. Sunghyun is sleepily staring at the ceiling and Sunggyu knows that it won’t take long before he too would join his siblings in dreamworld so Sunggyu lets himself lay down completely with Sungkyung cuddled on his chest as he too is starting to feel sleepy.

 
 

 

 

The sight that Woohyun comes home to would’ve been priceless if it isn’t for a single thing that sets off all the alarms in his head. Sungkyung is cuddled against Sunggyu’s chest and Sungwoo is pressed against Sunggyu’s side. They look extremely cuddly and he would’ve joined in if it isn’t for the fact that Sunghyun is at the edge of the bed and on the verge of falling off. Woohyun’s heart plummets down to the soles of his feet, he immediately drops all the paper bags of baby things in his hands and scurries towards Sunghyun.

 

“Sunggyu!” Woohyun hisses as he brings Sunghyun back in the middle of the bed.

 

He puts a hotdog pillow to keep Sunghyun from going to the edge of the bed again before shaking Sunggyu, “Sunghyun almost fell off the bed, Sunggyu!”

 

The older man groans in his sleep and moves to lay on his side. He would’ve crushed Sungwoo with his weight if it isn’t for Woohyun’s fast reflexes. With Sungwoo safely in his arms, Woohyun frowns at his boyfriend. Even though Sunggyu rolled over and everything, he still has his arms safely secured around Sungkyung and Woohyun doesn’t know if he’s going to praise Sunggyu for being caring towards their only daughter or if he’s going to scold him for having favorites.

 

“See? It’s a good thing I forced you to buy at least one crib, huh? Sunggyu hyung almost crushed Sunghyun into a pulp.”

 

Woohyun jumps with a start at the sound of Sungyeol’s voice behind him. He turns his head and stutters out an agreement, not even getting the chance to correct that it’s actually Sungwoo who Sunggyu almost crushed.

 

“Hyung, I’d love to help out in assembling the cribs but Myungsoo just called and said that our kids are already missing me,” Sungyeol says.

 

“Oh, it’s okay! Go ahead, Yeollie. I’ve troubled you enough today,” Woohyun says.

 

“Nah, I’m happy to help you two out. Anyway, I’ll be going now. Good luck, hyung!”

 

With a fist pump, Sungyeol exits their room and shows himself out of the house. Woohyun looks at the box of the crib and after putting Sungwoo back on the bed, he starts working on it.

 

 

 
 

In less than an hour, Woohyun is almost done setting up the crib and Sunggyu finally wakes up after being disturbed by the ringing of his phone on the bedside table. Woohyun looks over his shoulder and lets out a sigh of relief after seeing that the triplets are still sound asleep as Sunggyu answers the call.

 

“Hello?” Sunggyu says in a gruff voice. “Hello? Noona?”

 

That makes Woohyun look over his shoulder once again and watches as Sunggyu sits up. He sleepily rubs his eyes with one hand while the other is holding the phone to his ear. Woohyun tries to listen in on the conversation but his efforts are futile. He could only hear the sound of the voice of Sunggyu’s sister but he couldn’t make out what she’s saying exactly.

 

“Why did you even make a reservation in the first place? You could always stay with Woohyun and I whenever you’re in the city. You do know that, do you, noona?” Sunggyu says.

 

Woohyun wants to object to that, but of course, he doesn’t want to say that when she can hear him. Sunggyu suddenly turns to look at him so Woohyun averts his eyes and pretends to continue assembling the crib.

 

“Of course not! Noona, I’m sure Woohyun would love to have you around,” Sunggyu says. “You don’t believe me? Here, ask him yourself.”

 

Sunggyu is suddenly next to Woohyun and pushing the phone towards him while mouthing ‘Jieun noona’. Woohyun shakes his head but Sunggyu forces the phone in his hand and walks back to the bed, leaving him with no choice but to talk to Jieun.

 

“Hello? J-Jieun noona?” Woohyun cautiously says.

 

“Oh, Woohyun-ah. Good evening. I’m sorry I’m calling you guys at such a late time but I found myself in a pinch, you see,” Jieun says.

 

Woohyun shudders, hearing how flat her tone is. Even through the phone, he could already feel her looking at him disapprovingly.

 

“It’s o-okay. Can we d-do anything to h-help you?” Woohyun replies.

 

“Yeah. I was actually planning to visit a friend as a surprise for her birthday this week but my hotel reservation got totally messed up and it’s like the middle of the night so I thought I could just stay the night in Sunggyu’s place until I could fix the reservations. I hope you don’t mind,” Jieun says.

 

It’s also MY place.

 

“I don’t mind at all. Yeah, noona, you can stay the night. It’s perfectly fine,” Woohyun says through his teeth.

 

It’s okay, he tries to tell himself. As long as it’s only through the night. I could survive.

 

Jieun thanks him before asking Woohyun to pass the phone back to Sunggyu.

 

“Nonsense, noona! We have a spare room. You can stay as long as you want!” Woohyun hears Sunggyu says and he almost wants to whack his head.

 

“You can also finally spend some time with your nephews and niece! They’re adorable. I’m sure you’d love them,” Sunggyu adds.

 

Woohyun is so close to fainting. He hates how thick Sunggyu can be sometimes. Sunggyu finally hangs up and the first thing he gets after hanging up is a plastic full of screws thrown at his face.

 

“What the

 

Before Sunggyu could finish what he’s saying, Woohyun pulls him out of the room so that they wouldn’t disturb the babies.

 

“What the heck, Woohyun?!” Sunggyu snaps, throwing the plastic of screws back at Woohyun.

 

Woohyun catches the bag of screws flawlessly and points an accusing finger at Sunggyu. “You know very well what the heck! How could you offer our place to someone just like that?!”

 

Someone? Woohyun, she’s my sister! And if you’re going to blabber about that nonsense of her hating your guts, I’m having none of it.”

 

Sunggyu makes a move to walk out but Woohyun catches him by the arm.

 

“This is not nonsense, Sunggyu. Your sister does hate me! You know that!”

 

“Jieun noona won’t hurt a fly,” Sunggyu points out.

 

“Yeah, but that doesn’t mean she doesn’t hate me,” Woohyun argues back.

 

“Look, if this is about the little misunderstanding back when we were in high school, she probably doesn’t even remember that anymore. Noona isn’t that petty,” Sunggyu says.

 

“I’m sure she still holds that against me because that was no tiny misunderstanding, Gyu. I caused a lot of trouble, and I'm sure she still does not approve of me. It's just...I just...feel uncomfortable around her. I don’t want to feel her judging my every move especially inside my own home.”

 

Sunggyu puts his hands on Woohyun’s shoulder and squeezes them comfortingly while he presses their forehead against each other.

 

“Love, why don’t you try to give your relationship with her a chance? Try to reach out to her this time, and maybe she’ll fall for your charms just like how mom and dad fell for them. It's been years, after all. Even us don't even talk about what happened anymore,” Sunggyu says.

 

“She hates my charms. She thinks I’m annoying,” Woohyun pouts.

 

“Hey, I used to think you’re annoying, remember? But look at me now. I’m so in love with you. I’m not saying that you should make her fall in love with you. No. That’s disturbing. But you totally get what I mean, right?”

 

Woohyun lets out a sigh of defeat, and lets Sunggyu kiss him on the lips before continuing.

 

“I’m going to spend the rest of my life with you, Woohyun-ah, and it wouldn’t be nice if you and noona don’t get along, right? Just try...for me?”

 

“But…” Woohyun stops mid-sentence and resigns with a sighs. “Fine...I’ll try for you.”

 

“That’s the spirit,” Sunggyu says.

 

Sunggyu kisses Woohyun deeply before breaking away to add as an afterthought, “She’ll probably like you more when she sees you with the babies. You’re amazing with the babies.”

 

Woohyun playfully slaps his boyfriend’s chest while blushing.

 

“Well, I try so hard, Gyu-gyu,” Woohyun says, not meeting his eyes.

 

Sunggyu leans closer to his ear and whispers mischievously, “I like it better when you call me daddy.”

 

Woohyun profusely blushes at that and hides his face on Sunggyu’s shoulder.

 

“Oh my god! Stop it! You’re so disgusting!” Woohyun scolds, slapping Sunggyu’s shoulder in embarrassment.

 

Sunggyu chuckles, tightly wrapping his arms around Woohyun’s shorter frame.

 

“Do you want to do something really nice with me before noona arrives?” Sunggyu casually offers, hands starting to roam on Woohyun’s body.

 

“What the actual , Kim Sunggyu?!” Woohyun says, trying to sound scandalized but he only ends up looking even more flustered.

 

“What? We both know we won’t be able to do it anymore when she gets here,” Sunggyu laughs, stealing yet another kiss from Woohyun’s lips.

 

It doesn’t take Woohyun very long to think about it. With a seductive smirk, he wraps his arms around Sunggyu’s neck and kisses him.

 

“Alright, let’s do this.”

 
 

Author’s notes: I’m so, so sorry for the super late and lame update :((((((((