A Different Point Of View

The Reincarnation of Lee Donghae

Hyun Young pursed her lips and slowly pulled the curtains. Aiden and Hyuk-Jae were pacing around with the former periodically cursing or shouting out incoherent words. He was upset and he had every right to be. Top wanted to return to the States and leave the production in Aiden’s hands. Suddenly, the money-hungry man couldn’t care less about such a fruitful investment. News articles tried to spin their own stories but everyone was equally flummoxed as to what was going on behind the scenes.

Jae Kyung, Aiden’s personal stylist and ‘confidante noona’ had been her idol for four years. Just when she felt like fashion wasn’t taking her anywhere, Jae Kyung took her under her wing for a ‘special project’.

“I’ve been watching you,” Jae Kyung had told her, sitting her down in the hotel. “You’re passionate, talented and have a bold imagination. And yet, you’re not loud and impulsive. You’re quiet, determined and walk your own road. You even rejected a fashion house’s offer as an intern to work in my team. There’s no reason why I shouldn’t take you in as my protégé.”

And so she was there. Without asking any questions, Hyun Young silently observed Aiden’s tantrums and how Jae Kyung knew everything about his taste in clothes, his likes and dislikes. She was there during Aiden’s music video shoot, when he had fainted. Never had she seen such a vulnerable look on his face. And yet, despite the physical weakness, she had seen something different in him.

“Every one is saying Aiden’s time is gone,” she had meekly commented, while Jae Kyung flipped through a magazine. “But…”

Jae Kyung looked up and nodded. “Go on.”

“But I think it’s the opposite. I think Aiden’s time is slowly reaching its peak.”

Jae Kyung smiled at her for the first time. Few days later, she was living in an expensive suite and about a week later, she met Eun Ah.

“Wah!” Eun Ah had said. “You must be lucky to work with your idol!”

“Aren’t you doing the same?” Hyun Young had replied. Eun Ah had simply smiled and whispered, “He’s more than just an idol to me.”

That’s when Jae Kyung told her the full story. Donghae, Yoona, Top’s ruthlessness….

“I want you to understand,” Jae Kyung had advised while handing her tissues to wipe the tears. “The world is only getting worse. Sure, money is important. Position is important. Power is what drives everyone to you. But its things like love, passion, courage and loyalty that make one’s life complete. Without them, you might as well be a machine, without any life to look back on. And its exactly why we’re working with Aiden.”

“To give Donghae and Yoona peace?” Hyun Young had sniffled.

“No. To learn that its not the end until we say so. Life isn’t about finding yourself Hyun-a. Its about creating yourself. Aiden created his destiny and sure, fate helped him too. But he has the willpower to use the pain as his strength. Let’s go check up on Eun Ah, shall we?”

Things were going out of control now. Hyun Young sighed as she looked outside the window from her room, listening to Hyuk-Jae.

“Aiden are you crazy?” she heard him say. “You want to end all this on Saturday night?? There’s so much to prepare, Eun Ah needs to be prepared…”

“You’re wrong,” Hyun Young whispered. “She’s already prepared.” Eun Ah had been prepared since day one. Sure, they had stumbled in between but Eun Ah had always had this fire dancing in her eyes, something she knew the others had overlooked. Words couldn’t express how happy she was when Eun Ah returned, telling her how Aiden had confessed to her. “I feel complete now, “ she had said.

“I know this sounds crazy,” she heard Aiden say, his hands resting on his waist. Hyun Young noticed Eun Ah hiding behind a pillar, listening to them as well. “But I trust Eun Ah. I know she can do this. And if this is how its going to end, then this is how it will. Fate has brought us here Hyuk-Jae. Its showing us the way again and we shouldn’t ignore it.”

Hyun Young saw Aiden’s eyes catch sight of Eun Ah. Smiling, he walked up to her and held her hand.

“I’ll do it,” Eun Ah smiled back. “Not for you, for Yoona.”

Hyun Young grinned as she saw the couple embrace each other while Hyuk-Jae shook his head and smiled. They’re made for each other, she thought. Even before Aiden started liking her, there was an invisible string tying them together. It wasn’t the face, nor was it the uncanny similarities.

“Its you Eun Ah,” Hyun Young murmured, closing the curtains. “Nothing will tear you both apart.”