Poles Apart

The Reincarnation of Lee Donghae

 

(Listen to White Love by Seungri : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRHGrsfdMYE)

“You’re kidding me.”

Hyuk-Jae’s mouth fell when he saw Eun Ah open the partition door and stiffly stumble out in one of Yoona’s gowns. stretched into a plastic smile, her eyes expanding too much and her cheekbones purposely in, Eun Ah looked like …

“Looks like her is hurting,” he whispered. Aiden sighed as he realized that what his friend was saying was true. The training session had started and it was difficult but after spending time with Aiden, Eun Ah seemed like she could stop freezing at his presence. With a few reminders from his previous life, Aiden realized that he had actually done a better job at hiding his feelings.

“Okay, at least she didn’t—there she goes.” Eun Ah stumbled and Aiden scowled when he saw Hyuk-Jae swiftly take money from his mother. The two immediately looked away when they caught his eye.

“You two…”

Aiden, his mother, Hyuk-Jae and his personal stylists were sitting in one of the two-room suites at an expensive hotel, their ‘headquarters’ for their daily assembly. Whenever Aiden left the room, Eun Ah would be left with homework to do on Im Yoona. The first step was to get the body language right for which Aiden’s mother helped.

“Slowly, steadily, wave to the crowd, wave to the crowd…” The old lady shook her head when Eun Ah misunderstood and started doing body waves while walking, moving along as she chewed on her favourite mint.

Aiden quickly walked upto Eun Ah and held out his palm. “No more gum,” he said. To everyone’s disappointment, those three words made her pass out for the second time.

“Stop being charming!” scolded Hyuk-Jae, as they lifted her onto the couch.

“I wasn’t!” Aiden hissed and sighed. “Look, instead of teaching her like this, let’s just make her watch a few of Yoona’s movies.”

However, even that plan faltered, as the very next morning, Aiden and his crew found Eun Ah asleep among the still packed Yoona DVDs and the various open covers of his movie DVDs.

“Not bad!” Hyuk-Jae and the stylists grinned when Eun Ah finally got the walking right. As she slowly walked towards Aiden, the latter beamed and nodded at her. It was while looking at her did he notice something.

“Your eyes…” he slowly lifted his hand. “They’re different.”

Eun Ah pulled back. “Different?”

“Yoona had dark brown eyes, yours are lighter…” Aiden’s words trailed off as he saw Eun Ah’s face fall. Hyuk-Jae clicked his tongue when he realized the irony. The third person in this life was the reason behind Eun Ah and Aiden’s meeting, yet everytime Eun Ah saw Yoona’s face, she never felt like they shared any resemblance.

“There are SOME similarities,” she had once said. “But she’s curvier, her eyes are darker and something else too… is smaller.”

“That’s because she talked less,” Hyuk-Jae had replied.

Aiden tried saying something while Eun Ah turned back towards her room.

“I’m tired,” she sighed and closed the partition door. “See you guys tomorrow! Good night!”

“She’s hiding her sad face from you,” murmured Hyuk-Jae. “That’s one similarity.”