The Beginning Of The End

The Reincarnation of Lee Donghae

(Listen to Blue Mind by Yamaa Kousuke :  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HM4hKpElAXY)

“Sir, I’m sorry. He didn’t make it.”

Hyun Bin pinched the bridge of his nose, then opened his eyes at the cradle in front of him. He gave a sad smile then kissed his sleeping wife. Carefully, he picked up his son and rocked him in his arms, humming to him.

“What tune is that?” Hyun Bin looked up to see Hye Gyo smiling, her eyes still closed.

Hyun Bin caressed his son’s face then answered, “Remember when I came back home late from shooting? The night of our anniversary? I had forgotten something and had to go back to the set to collect it. Suddenly I heard music echoing across the hallways of the set. I wanted to know what was happening so I peeked in for a moment and saw a couple dancing under the artificial snow to this tune. I don’t know why but when I looked down at him, I suddenly wanted him to experience the same happiness that the young couple did that night.”

“Except for the rest of his life, not just once,” interrupted Hye Gyo. She slowly opened her eyes then murmured, “I’ve thought of a name.”

Hyun Bin grinned. “Really? What is it?”

Hye Gyo smiled. “Aiden. I don’t know what it means but.. it sounds beautiful. He’s beautiful."

Hyun Bin entwined his fingers with his wife’s and whispered, “Yes he is. Aiden.”