Track 02: Unforgettable by Nat King Cole

Love You Like a Love Song (BTS/EXO Drabble series)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

🎵  “That’s why darling, it's incredible that someone so unforgettable... thinks that I’m unforgettable too.” 

  Featuring: BTS - Jin

 

You can tell a lot about a person’s personality based on their coffee preferences. Having worked at the Espresso & Chai for almost a year and half now, you learned to pick up little details about the frequent coffee-goers…

Like how the espresso and Americano drinkers, or those who liked their coffee black and bitter to the point that its almost satanic in your opinion, were the workaholics and the business men and women who are always in a hurry so they like having it for ‘to-go’. The latte drinkers are usually the millenial’s who liked to keep it safe, and are quite the trend followers. Aesthetics are important to these drinkers as you’ve seen them take photos at the cafe with their drinks then post it on their respective Instagram accounts.

You liked the Cappuccino lovers the most because they are highly creative and motivated, though may be a little obsessive at times. Then there’s the Frappucino drinkers who are the risk takers of the bunch and are not afraid to stand out; usually the teenagers who come in when school ends.

Of course those are just rough observations from the frequent customers and you were sure there’s more to their personalities than what lies in their coffee preferences, but you couldn’t seem to ignore the pattern.

But then there’s him.

The first time you saw him, it was late afternoon and the shop was bustling with people—mostly the younger generation since classes just ended. When he came in, it was like you were suddenly submerged in a movie scene where everything moved in slow motion and all you could see was that tall, handsome figure walking towards the counter you were currently manning.

He was wearing a long coat over a black turtle neck and his face was one that made you believe there truly was a God in existence who crafted such beautiful human beings. He was looking down at his phone and when you greeted him and asked the usual “What can i get for you?”, he smiled and told you his order:

“I’ll have a Venti, Caramel Macchiato, Skim, Extra Shot, Extra-Hot, Extra-Whip, Sugar-Free.”

And that’s when the fantasy began to fade because wow, high maintenance much? 

You didn't mean to judge, but working at a coffee shop for a while had made you wary of those who liked their coffee a little too customized. You made a list of the most obnoxious coffee orders: from drinks that required lite water (what was that even?) to sugar-free syrup (totally lost the essence of syrup there).

You were a little disappointed that this guy, who looked like he had just fallen from heaven, was one of the obnoxious ones.

“And your name, sir?”

“Jin.”

Too bad Jin, you thought with a sigh as you scribbled his name on the cup along with his long order specifics.

“That’ll be $4.75.” you said and he handed you the money. You expected him to leave right as you gave him the receipt but instead, he paused and pointed at your apron.

“Nice. I like Super Mario.” he smiled, which totally caught you off guard. He left before you could respond and as you looked down, you saw that you still had that little Mario pin stuck next to your name tag and from then on, you couldn’t seem to get your mind off of the m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter