Track 01: Jet Lag by Simple Plan feat. Natasha Bedingfield

Love You Like a Love Song (BTS/EXO Drabble series)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

đŸŽ”Â â€œÂ You say good morning when it's midnight. Going out of my head alone in this bed. I wake up to your sunsets and it’s driving me mad, I miss you so bad.”

  Featuring: EXO - Chanyeol

 

Chanyeol removed his headphones then threw it hastily over his desk, which sounded with a resounding clank.

He leant back on his swivel chair, which was brand new, in the hopes of putting something fun into his work room (who doesn't love swivel chairs, really?). But today, it does’t feel so fun and he ran a hand over his face with a deep sigh, frustration bubbling deep within him.

He was stressed out and couldn't focus on his music. Nothing sounded right and every beat he layered onto the track sounded so amateur he was almost ashamed of himself.

His eyes slid from his computer screen to his iPhone and the moment he pressed the home button to check the time, which was a couple of minutes past 4 P.M.), he realized what was wrong.

For staring up at him was his home screen which was currently a picture of you and him; a selfie you took from a trip to N' Seoul tower when you visited a couple of months ago.

He could remember it like it was yesterday. Dance practice was finished early because by some miracle everybody (yes including him) was able to nail the choreo from start to finish and their choreographer hyung was nice enough to let them off early as a reward.

To Chanyeol's surprise, you were already waiting for him outside the practice room, and there was a lot of hugging and "Chanyeol you're sweaty!" whining from you but he had hugged you anyway because it's not everyday he gets to hold you like that.

Long distance relationships were never easy. Most people would find it completely hopeless, even, but not Chanyeol. He had known you for years and from the very first day, he already knew he wanted you to be a permanent fixture in his life.

He was going to make you his no matter what.

And so, after a year long of courting and often failed attempts at reasoning that you two can never be because of his profession and your dreams that would most likely bring you to the other side of the world, you finally gave in.

Simply because Chanyeol was so easy to love. Too easy even. And he in turn found you worth the wait.

Before he could make sense of what he was doing, his thumb was already swiping through his contact list until he settled on your name.

But before he could press the call button, he remembered the time and realized that it's probably in the middle of the night where you're at and he would most probably be waking you up...

Calling Y/N...

But desperate times call for desperate measures and it's almost as if Chanyeol's thumb had a mind of its own when a split second later he could hear your phone's ring through the receiver.

"Hello?" You answered groggily on the fifth ring and Chanyeol felt a little guilty for having woken you up. But then you sounded so sleepy and cute and he found himself smiling despite that fact.

"Hello?" You repeated when there was no answer and Chanyeol snapped from his trance. "Chanyeol? Is something wrong—"

"Hey," he sighed, feeling his chest tighten at the mere sound of your voice. "I'm sorry I woke you up."

"No
 no, it's fine. I couldn't sleep anyway." You yawned and Chanyeol chuckled slightly at your attempt at lying.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter