Track 06: Something Stupid by Robbie Williams & Nicole Kidman

Love You Like a Love Song (BTS/EXO Drabble series)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

🎵  "But then I go and spoil it all by saying something stupid like... I love you.”

Featuring: BTS - Suga

A/N: cause I think we all need a CEO! Yoongi in our lives. Here’s a little scenario for you all in celebration of my follower mark on Wattpad, and to thank you guys for supporting my books on SwoonReads! Let’s hope it gets chosen! The list will come out in January (probably) and we have the whole of November to keep those ratings up and to comment for the editors to take notice of my book.

Anyway, hope you enjoy this!

 

 

"Sir, I have a Mr. Kim on line one."

Yoongi paused for a moment, removing his glasses and looking up from the presentation he was reviewing for the meeting. His face scrunched in confusion as he reached over to the telephone, pressing the speaker button. 

"Which one, Jaehee?" He asked, knowing there were about three Kim's who could call him through his personal line.

"Kim Seokjin, sir."

Yoongi sighed and he rubbed his forehead, muttering under his breath. He pressed the speaker button once again and said, "Tell him I'll call him back."

Yoongi then placed his glasses back on and returned to his reading, the words and numbers floating in his vision and yet he wondered how he managed to understand them all still. He had always been gifted in the business considering he grew with this company. It was practically his second home. His father worked hard to build this empire and now that he has retired, the responsibility rested upon his shoulders. It’s not like that was a surprise; his name was already written for the position the moment he was born. 

Yoongi frowned when he saw a mistake in one of the computations and grabbed a pen to correct it.

Knock. Knock.

 

 

"Um, sir?"

Yoongi looked up and frowned deeply when he saw his secretary standing by the doorway of his office, looking unsure.

"Yes, Jaehee?"

"Umm… Kim Seokjin-ssi left a message and he said I should tell you in person."

Yoongi raised his eyebrows and Jaehee looked like she was struggling to deliver whatever it was Seokjin wanted to say. "Well?"

"Uh… He specifically said," Jaehee cleared and took a deep breath. "'Min Yoongi if you don't answer this goddamn phone I'm telling Y/N all your darkest secrets; especially how you almost forgot your anniversary last year if I didn't remind you!'"

Yoongi's eyes widened at that and before he knew it, he was waving Jaehee away and reaching for the phone like his life depended on it. He pressed line one and answered in a dark tone, "You wouldn't dare, Jin."

"That's hyung to you, Min." Seokjin spat through the receiver. "How dare you put me on hold!"

"I didn’t put you on hold, hyung. I simply said I'll call you back." Yoongi rolled his eyes as he rubbed his forehead.

"Same thing! I've been trying to reach you since this morning! Is your cell phone dead or something?"

"It's on silent. I have a lot of things to take care of today so I'm not taking any personal calls." Yoongi explained and Seokjin hummed.

"But what if it was an emergency?"

"Is there an emergency?"

"Well no—"

"Okay, then." Yoongi snickered. "Why did you call? Do you need something?"

"I called because I heard Taehyung, who heard from Jimin, who slipped and told Namjoon—who told me, that you have been planning to tie the knot soon."

Yoongi stopped at his words, feeling his heart race all of a sudden. It was secret, one he had reluctantly told Jimin, his friend and Marketing head, about because the younger had been pestering him about it. It all started when Jimin saw the little black box on his desk. The boy practically gasped out loud, almost dropping the diamond on the floor. That would've been the case if Yoongi hadn't grabbed it from him, cradling it to his chest like Sméagol would from The Lord of the Rings.

"I'm going to kill Jimin." He muttered under his breath.

"So it's true?! And you didn't tell me?!"

"Hyung—"

"Y/N is my cousin, Yoongi! Didn't I have a right to know?"

"Hyung, I know—"

"You were supposed to ask for my permission first—"

"I already asked her mom, though." Yoongi pointed out. "I took her out for dinner and we talked about my plans. I was going to tell you soon, I swear. I've just been really busy with the whole expansion thing and the deal with Japan, and I've practically been living in the office for the past few weeks. Ask Jimin. He knows."

Seokjin was silent for a moment and Yoongi knew he had hit the spot. "Okay, it's good that you asked Aunt May. But I'm still upset. I was practically the last to know." Yoongi sighed and was about to speak when Seokjin added, "And I'm also upset that you had that ring for almost five months now and still didn't get the balls to pop the big question."

Yoongi flushed at the sudden statement, feeling pathetic. He couldn't say anything, because it was true. He already had the ring since June and he was going to ask you to marry him but somehow every time he tried, he chickened out at the last minute.

What's even more pathetic was he chickened out thrice. He had planned dinner dates, even going as far as to renting a private yacht to make the whole thing memorable but every time he was going for the big speech, he felt like suffocating and the words got stuck in his throat. No matter how many times he practiced it in front of the bathroom mirror.

"I know, hyung. Don't need to rub it in."

"What's the matter? Are you getting cold feet? Are you still unsure—?"

"No!" Yoongi answered almost instantly. "No, I'm sure. I want to do this. It's just that—" He huffed, feeling frustrated.

"What is it, Yoongi?" Seokjin pressed and Yoongi leaned back on his swivel chair, turning slightly to the right until he was facing the long table behind him; his eyes settling on a picture frame.

"What if she says no?" He asked meekly, voicing out the one thing he feared the most. He stared at the photo: which was of you and him during the trip last year when he took you to Florence, Italy for your birthday. Yoongi had his arms around your waist and his chin on your shoulder, hugging you from behind. You were smiling brightly as you lifted the phone up for a selfie.

He smiled at the memory, thinking how that was definitely one of the best weeks of his life. And it wasn’t because he got to take a week off from being the CEO of this godforsaken company but more importantly, he got to spend every second of that week with you.

"Yoongi, I'm going to say this once so you better listen up." Seokjin said, snapping Yoongi from his trance.

"What is it, hyung?" There was a pause before the words rang through the receiver.

"Yoongi, you're an idiot."

Yoongi's frowned, aghast. "Excuse me—"

"For a super successful and intelligent CEO, you're an idiot. Why the hell would Y/N say no? That girl is head over heels for you! I would know. I live right next door to her apartment!"

"But what if—"

"No listen to me. You know how I often come over to teach her some recipes, right?" Yoongi hummed. "Well let me tell you that whenever she opens , all she could talk about is you! 'Oh Yoongi likes this… Yoongi likes that…can we make this for Yoongi cause I think he'd like it….'” Seokjin said, mocking what’s supposedly a your voice but it was nowhere near it for it sounded like an annoying school girl. 

Yoongi chuckled nonetheless, thinking how you were always the sweetest. "And that's saying a lot considering you two have been dating for almost four years and the honeymoon stage should have been long gone by now. But here she is, still talking like a high school girl who's got her first crush."

Yoongi smiled at that, feeling his heart swell and his chest fill up with familiar warmth he knew only you could make him feel.

"Okay. I get your point—"

"Are you sure? Because I've got a lot more to say—"

"I got it, hyung." Yoongi sighed with a smile as he continued to stare at your face in the photo. "I'll do it soon, I promise."

"You better." Seokjin said. "And you better do it nicely because my cousin is literally the sweetest and she deserves a lot, you know?"

She deserves the world, Yoongi thought, thinking how it wasn't an easy feat to make himself a part of your life. As much as the attraction was undeniable, Yoongi had to break through several walls you had put up around yourself. The reason: a broken family and a broken heart. Your parents divorced when you were very young, and that experience made you wary of the nature of relationships and love.

And what's worse was when you finally got over that and gave your heart to someone—they left it in the altar, cold and alone.

Yes, Yoongi knew how you had fallen for some guy and ended up being stood up on your own wedding. Just thinking about it made his blood boil; angry at how anyone would hurt you like that when the moment he laid eyes on you, he wanted nothing more but to give you everything. Even his own mind, body, and soul was yours for the taking.

"I know, hyung." Yoongi said, sounding determined. "I won't give her any less than the world, you know that."

On the other line, Seokjin smiled; knowing his cousin was and has always been in good hands. He had always worried for you, considering your past relationship but Yoongi was a close friend of his and they go way back. Well enough to know that Yoongi, as intimidating and cold he may seem on the outside, has the biggest heart of all. Seokjin knew he could make you happy and that Yoongi was serious about you. Four years of dating proved that much and Seokjin has never seen you so happy and alive.

"That's what I wanted to hear."

As they ended the call (with Seokjin making him swear on his life that he will do it soon), Yoongi sighed heavi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter