Track 04: Someday We’ll Know by New Radicals

Love You Like a Love Song (BTS/EXO Drabble series)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’m speeding by the place that I met you... for the 97th time, tonight!” 

  Featuring: EXO - D.O.

 

Kyungsoo often found himself detached to things he knows shouldn't—or wouldn't last. There was a time back in primary school when he wanted to be a doctor. But then that dream became long gone and forgotten the moment he discovered that he couldn't stomach the sight of blood.

 

There's the time in middle school when he wanted the latest gadget his classmates were all fussing about; which he got but quickly left forgotten too the moment another model came out just a year later. 

 

Kyungsoo was a very rational guy and whatever he wanted he knew he could get if time and his resources would permit him too. "If it's not for you, let it go" has always been one of his life motto's, and he lived well that way; lived his life like a perfectly executed schedule. 

 

That is... until he met you: the one thing he wanted most and could never have… 

 

But could never quite let go of either. 

 

It's been two years since you and Kyungsoo called it quits. It was one of those calm break ups where both parties were at par with the decision. There was no fighting, no dramatic turn away, whatsoever. It was just...over; and the two of you felt it then.

 

At least, that's what Kyungsoo kept telling himself over and over again for the past 730 days (and counting).

Because up until now, here he was driving by the familiar route in the dead of night; headlights dimmed and wheels turning slowing as it made a turn at your street. 

 

Your house was dark as usual (as what normal houses should look like at 2: 30 A.M.) and Kyungsoo took the chance to idle a while longer. Usually he would just drive by—a little too fast when he sees the light in your room was . He was unsure why he even made the effort to drive here when he was just going to speed through like he was being chased by a rabid dog down the block. 

 

In fact, Kyungsoo couldn't really understand why after all these years, he still found himself by your door despite knowing that your relationship was long gone...

 

But not forgotten, a small voice in his head said and he sighed as he let his arms lean against the steering wheel; head lolled to the side as he stared at your house—at your bedroom window specifically—almost longingly. He wasn't sure what he was waiting for... a miracle? a sign?

 

For you to come out? 

 

Though Kyungsoo knew he wouldn't be brave enough to face you. Not when he knew he should've stayed when you told him to go. When he knew he should’ve fought harder for the love you two had. 

 

A sharp ringing snapped him from his reverie, causing a slight curse to slip from his lips. He looked at his phone and sighed when he saw the name of one of s flashing on the screen.

 

"Hyung." he answered, and he could hear Junmyeon reply in greeting.

 

"Where are you?" Jungmyeon asked. "Are you practicing?"

 

"No...no, just...driving."

 

There was a pause before Junmyeon replied, "You're there again, aren't you?" 

 

Kyungsoo didn't even bother denying considering how often he does this. "I'll be home soon." he said instead and he heard the older sigh.

 

"Yeah. Just make sure to lock up, yeah?"

 

"Hmm."

 

As Junmyeon said goodbye, Kyungsoo hung up and looked up at your house again; dark and quiet against the night. He sighed heavily and willed himself not to--

 

Tap. Tap. 

 

Kyungsoo turned towards the sound and his eyes widened to the size of dinner plates when he found a hooded figure knocking on his window. But before he could panic (or shout for help because he's an idol and he should've anticipated being followed in the first place) the figure pulled their hood down and he was met with a familiar face. 

 

With even more familiar eyes.

 

His fingers moved deftly towards the windows' button and soon the glass was rolling down, letting in the cool night air. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter