The fire

Let Me Love You!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Sergeant , this boy is badly burnt .Call for a doctor! “  

“-Will he be alright?”

“ Is he dead? “

All Chanwoo could hear were these speeches which were surrounding him and spinning around his head on and on .Despite his unconsciousness he was able to hear sounds and feel warm arms which were wrapping him .Actually he was hallucinating, a delusion, a memory which he couldn’t forget, the memory had been chasing him all his life, he tried so hard to suppress it and continue his life, to open a new page of his life and to start from scratch as a new peson. But today that person who he saw on the canteen made him recall everything that the younger was trying to vanish from his mind, he felt the same pain as it was repeating again, as if it was happening again.

That was the person who saved him but at the same time who was guilty of Chanwoo’s loosing his family. The boy was seeing visions,  people looked at him with pity in their eyes calling for doctor , the sound of the fire and sirens it was like they are etched In his brain. He remembered when he was only 7 years old a conflagration happened in his house, it was the night he lost everything , the night in which a seven years old kid saw how his family died right before his eyes and he couldn’t do anything. He remembered a person who was a family friend saved him, a 13 years old boy who was his “friend” once , his name was Kim Jisoo .But Chanwoo knew he wasn’t there by chance, he sensed Jisoo and his family must have stood behind this crime because of the fact that they always had been jealous of Chanwoo’s family. He never wanted to see him ever again especially in his university. Chanwoo almost took over his trauma, all his life he was trying to forget his painful past but after seeing this person his memories were brought back. For sure it was more than blessing for him to survive, it rather was a miracle but Chanwoo had wished he died in that fire, he wished he wasn’t left alone in the harsh world because for him being abandoned was worse than dying . Since then the boy never stopped blaming himself, he never stopped thinking of ways which could have saved his family. Endless questions were spinning around his head, he wanted to know why that person appeared in his life again, why he can’t be happy? It was like a never-ending cycle which was repeating again and again.

Chanwoo felt like his head was about to explode and it was like he had a steam hammer in his chest. Slowly he started to gain his consciousness , he gulped his saliva down which was more bitter than raw coffe. His eyes were so swollen that at first he wasn’t able to open them, he felt destroyed , and ripped , his full body was more than numb it couldn’t be possible to describe his state he had wished it was all dream but unfortunately it wasn’t. Chanwoo could feel a hand was holding his cold as ice hands, then tried to open his eyes, he was greeted by unfamiliar face it took him a minute to remember what happened.

“ Hey kiddo are you alright? “ the unfamiliar face asked him with wide opened eyes then continued “We thought you are dead” said in a playful way. He was way too enthusiastic for Chanwoo to bare so he just noded. “I am Bobby there’s no way you don’t know me” he said teasingly. The younger remembered him , he was from the upper classes ,and  was quite popular in university. One of those “cleverest kids” which every class has, but Bobby was different than that, he was more than a “nerd”. He was handsome and manly, his eyes were so deep ,maybe deeper than the ocean. His hair was pushed back and he wore glasses. He was a man th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter