Music Drabbles 3

Dreaming of Us

A/N: My favorites are #4 and #9.


 

1. “(You Want To) Make A Memory” by Bon Jovi

Memories. I had so many of those of Yunho and I. Before they were just of the Yunho I saw on the internet. Now they included us and our oh so wonderful family and friends. I was getting all nostalgic looking at the photo albums I, well along with a little help from Yunho, had put together. There was us when we eloped, my pregnancy with Youngjae, his birth, our eventual wedding and so much more. I couldn’t believe all that we had been through. A world wind of dating and marriage. Seven kids. Eight grandkids. Oh gosh was it nine now? I laughed. I’ve lost count with how many kids there had been in Yunho and I’s lives over the years.

 

2. “Wonder ’Bout” by Hiraku Utada

I wonder what my kids are up to. Youngie was on a date with Oceana tonight celebrating her eighteenth birthday. Was it going well? I could only hope so. He better not try any funny business. I raised him better than that. I knew he wouldn’t. They we so cute together! Someday… Anyways.

Yookwon was out with his friends. What did they say they were doing again? Oh yes. Bowling at the neighborhood ally. I smiled. That was something he picked up from Yunho. Hyunsu and Shinil were home with friends watching movies and playing video games. Jiyool was on a trip with the school photography club. I actually just dropped her off a few hours ago. I wasn’t sure how she was going to handle being in the mountains, but I knew at least she was going to be in a cabin and going to come back with the most gorgeous photographs. Hoonmin and Minji were at sleep overs with their best friends. They were all growing up so fast I could hardly believe it.

 

3. “Lemon Kid” by Puffy

Hoonmin was the child that made the funniest faces; he picked it up from Uncle Yoochun and Uncle Yoohwan. Those Park brothers… I don’t why they would teach him to make those faces. I suppose they were trying to make him into the class clown, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. Hoonmin does have four hyung deul and a noona he has to get out from under. He does tell me that teachers ask if he’s Jung ___ nam-dongsaeng all the time. Audrey tells me that is a hard thing.

 

4. “Don’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me” by Elton John

Oh goodness. Today is the day of the Strong Heart where Yunho and I are going to come out to the public. Oh goodness I’m so nervous. Will it go alright? Will Cassiopeia going to hate us? What about the public? I’ve been worried about this moment, but we’ve been very happy. Are we going to be okay?

Youngie started crying in my arms. I think he was picking up on my emotions. I took a deep breath to calm my racing nerves. “It’s okay Baby. Shhh. It’s okay.” I bounced him. “You’re going to meet a lot of people today. Mommy is a little nervous about that, but it’s going to be okay because Appa will be by our side.”

“Yes, I will,” said Yunho startling me.

 

5. “I Will” by Eternity

Yunho. I had so many emotions running through my heart when I thought of him. He was the most perfect imperfect person I had ever had the pleasure of knowing. I loved him with all my heart to the point I thought it would burst. Did he love me just as much? I wasn’t 100% sure if he was at heart bursting. He was at giddy, smiley; goofy-ness and 100% warm comforting love. I suppose that was both our ways of being at heart bursting. I could most definitely see myself marring this man. I was smiling so much by this point, my cheeks hurt.

“What are you thinking about, Alicia?”

I looked around the teachers’ lounge for sound of the voice. “Nikki Jo!” I said putting my hand over my heart. “You almost gave me a heart attack.”

 

6. “These Boots Are Made For Walking” by Yuna Ito

I loved shoes, and Yunho knew it. The first time he bought me a pair; I first looked at them and was dead shocked. They had red soles! Louboutins! I told him that while I loved the shoes, there was no way I could accept them because they were too expensive. I ended up taking them home with me. It was on my way home that I wondered how Yunho had figured out my shoe size.

 

7. “No Gain” by Xia

There were many things I could gain by dating Jung “Ukow” Yunho. There were also many things that I could lose. Many of the things I could gain would be negative things like hate on the interent and saesang anit-fan related things. Should I risk it? Okay. We already started something by talking online. Now he asked me to move to Korea.

 

8. “Easy Mind” by Tohoshinki

I hope I don’t make Yunho worry too much. I’m a sweet, kind, helpful person, and I’d like to think I’ve very understanding of his situation. Hm. When was the last time the press asked him about girls/girlfriends? I don’t remember, so I doubt it would have been recently. What would he say now? He must have dated in the past nine years. I’m sure he knows what to say because he’s such a pro.

 

9. “I.D.S. (I Deal Scenario)” by JYJ

Seven kids are a handful. Seven kids also cost a lot of money. (Thank goodness Yunho and me are so great with money. I don’t know how we could do it otherwise.) Speak of the devil. “Youngjae, your school called again.” I sat on a stool by the kitchen counter.

“Umma, just, just let me explain:  I couldn’t stand by while those kids were getting bullied.”

“I know Son. How many times did your abeoji and I tell there are better ways to handle that situation?”

“A million, but I knew the school wasn’t going to do anything!”

“The three of us are going to have another talk tonight.”

 

10. “You Will Be There” by Jeremy Camp

Jung Yunho was the type of man you could always count on. I think he knew I was missing my family my first Christmas season in Korea, therefore he invited them here when he proposed to me as a surprise. He knew I was missing him because he worked so much. What did he do? He secretly called me as much as he could before we came out at which point the calls we no longer secret.