Music Drabbles 1

Dreaming of Us

A/N: This is the put your playlist on random, choose a fandom/paring/something original, and write during the first ten songs that come up. You stop writing when the song is over and don’t edit. Drabbles 7 and 9 are my favorites. I've expanded 7, and I might do 9 some day.


 

1.“WANT ME Shop” 50 Cent vs. Namie Amuro by DJ Masa

What did I want in my relationship with Yunho? Was it really worth it to move half way around the world and be so far away from my family? Family was one of the most important things in my life, and being 4.5 hours away from my parents in St. Louis was hard enough. I wouldn’t have the same support system in South Korea. Yunho was an idol. Our relationship could end just as easily as it started.

 

2. “Beauty and the Beast” by Angela Lansbury

Beauty and the beast. That’s what I felt when I was around Yunho. I mean, part of the reason why he made into SM was because of his looks. I didn’t fit in with him and his world. I hated not seeing very often.

 

3. “Merry Christmas, Baby” by Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band

Our first Christmas together Yunho said to me, “Merry Christmas, Baby,” and swear I almost died. It’s not like he speaks English that often. Well he is getting better at it. I think BoA is helping him? I always go gaga when he speaks my native tongue.

This was a Christmas I will never forget. I got a gift I would never imagine I would ever get. I was just a young woman from the middle of the US who loved Kpop and DBSK and was Changmin biased. Then I come to Korea for Strong Heart and become Yunho biased. Sure the other fangirls exclaimed, “When are you getting married!” as Yunho and I ran off stage after he kissed me, but I never dreamed that something would happen between us. We actually started dating! Can you believe it? I know I couldn’t. I was flabbergasted when it happened. And then, and then a few short months later it was Christmas time and we had a romantic date at Namsan Tower. Then the next thing I know I’m being ushered outside and there are other idols there. Songs were sung, Yunho said some romantic things I can’t remember now and well here we are engaged. Talk about an amazing Chrtistmas.

 

4. “The Future” by Epik High ft. Yankie

When I thought about where I would be at age 30 when I was younger, never in my wildest dreams did I think I would be married to Jung “U Know” Yunho and have five kids. I don’t think anyone expected that. Goodness, the longer Yunho was in the military, the more sentimental I became. Okay, so he really hadn’t been gone that long yet. I still missed him terribly. I had five kids under the age of five to take care of. His parents were helping out, but I was still sad that he was missing out on Jiyool’s first.

 

5. “Les Poissons” by Rene Auberjonois

I played The Little Mermaid all the time for my little girls since it was my favorite movie as a kid. I wanted to share all my favorites with them! I also wanted to make some new favorites with them.

 

6. “Who’s the Coolest?” by Def Tech

“What did you say Youngie?” Did I just hear what I think I heard from my five year old son?

“Is Appa the coolest person ever?”

“Appa’s pretty cool. Why do you want to know?”

“Minho was talking at school about his appa and said his appa was the most awesomest person ever. But that’s not true, right Mommy? Appa’s the leader of Dong Bang Shin Ki and Dong Bang Shin Ki is the most cool band ever! I told that to Minho, but he didn’t believe me! He said I was lying because DBSK isn’t a real band. I got really mad ‘cause I’m not a liar. You said lying was wrong.”

Oh gosh was he being cute!

 

7. “Who Am I” by Casting Crowns

I put my hand on my belly as I looked at my family at the dinner table. Across from me at the head of the table was Yunho, my strong and handsome husband who was the best father any child could ask for, to the right of him was our three year old Jiyoolie who loved her appa almost as much as her oldest oppa and going to photoshoots with her appa, next to her was our five year old Hyunsu who always seemed to have some sort of science question for us (I think he picked up the Ludwig male science gene), next to him was our four year old Shinil who was a momma’s boy and loved to simply observe the world and people around him. To my left was our seven year old Yookwon who loved to be outside playing and running around, next to him was our eight year old eldest Youngjae who looked so much like the appa he adored and was more of troublemaker than either Yunho or I imagined, and below my hand right under my heart was our fraternal twins Minji and Hoonmin who still had three months of protective care inside of me. Oooh! They must have known I was thinking about them seeing as how they shifted around and kicked me in the bladder. I rubbed my belly.

“Are you okay Tinkerbell?” asked Yunho.

“Hm? Oh yeah I’m fine. One of the babies was just ‘playing’ with mommy.” I must have had a pained look on my face if Yunho said something.

 

8. “I’m in Love” by Lionel Richie

When was it that I realized I was in love with Jung Yunho? I’m a hopeless romantic, so can I really say it was the first timehe serenaded me on Skype? I don’t know, but it did happen I know that much. I think about him all the time and calculate the next time we can talk to each other. No, you know, I think it was when he first started to confide in me.

 

9. “NO PAIN NO GAIN” by Tohoshinki

I really hated people who came up with the phrase no pain no gain right now. It was true alright…in a lot of circumstances. I just wanted to punch their light out right now. Eff them to heck! Who did they think they were coming up with that phrase? I’ve blamed Eve plenty of times before, but even when I’ve been in labor before…

“JUST FRICKIN’ HECK TAKE HER OUT OF HEAVEN. She might be the mother of humanity, but it’s her sin that causes me this pain! WHY WERE WOMEN CURSED BY GOD? WHY!” I looked over at my terrified husband. That’s right you better be terrified. “FRICKIN’ JUNG. YUN. HO.”

“Just breathe Alicia, breathe.”

“You try breathing when something the size of watermelon is trying to come out from inside you through an opening ten times smaller than a watermelon. GOSH DARN IT. GET ME SOME DRUGS.” I was crying from the pain now.

“You know what the doctor said: your labor was coming on too fast for them to able to give you any pain medications.”

“And who’s frickin’ fault is that?”

“Um, well I heard…”

“Yours gosh darn it! Oh it hurts. It hurts. Make it stop. Ow, make it stop.”

“I wish I could Tinkerbell. You know I would.”

“I know. Why did I let you convince me to keep trying until we had a girl? Why! Oh yeah, yeah, yeah. I wanted one too. You and your darn million and one interviews about wanting a little girl name Jiyool. Effin bias of mine. Effing you being too adorable with kids. Effin not naming her Denise Marie because we’re in Korea and our sons all have Korean names.”

 

10. “The Remedy” by Jason Mraz

My stepsister said once that if I lived in Korea, I would care more that was going on at home/the US. I suppose that’s true, yet it seems like to me that she didn’t think I would go over to Korea and end up staying indefinitely. It’s a funny thing where God lead me. I have a lot of opportunity to work with a different culture and use my gifts in a way that excites me. Plus I get to hear music I jam too all the time. Some people would get sick of it but not me. The only downside is that I really miss my family. At least I have one of my best friends here with me. I don’t know how I would survive all this without Nikki Jo.