Music Drabbles 2

Dreaming of Us

A/N: More information about families can be found here and here.


 

1. “Konomama” by Def Tech ft. Rize

Why did I meet Alicia? I’m not sure, but one thing I know is that I love her with all my heart. She is great, loving and kind person. She makes my life interesting; no day is boring with her around. She finds so many little things cute and interesting in a way I never would have noticed. Like that story she told me the other day about one of her students.

 

2. “Don’t Don (Piano Vers.)” by Keudae

I’m going to kill him. Why did this have to happen? I was perfectly satisfied with how things were. Did Yunho really have to spend his first weekend back from the army alone with me? The kids have been going crazy asking when appa’s going to be back. Now there is going to be number six. There goes my five year preventive health measure. I guess I’ll just start again next year.

 

3. “This is the Picture (Excellent Birds)” by Peter Gabriel

The kids are acting weird; I bet they’re up to something and Youngjae is leading it. They always get hyped up when there’s a get together with the Strong Heart girls and their families. There is just something about getting fifteen children in one place.

 

4. “In the First Light (Postlude)” by Todd Agnew

I looked at my baby boy – my precious little Youngjae – I held in my arms. The feeling started in my stomach and then tears gathered in my eyes. I was so happy. I just… I looked up at my husband – my Peter Pan – my Jung U-Know Yunho – who had his left arm around my shoulders. I have never in all my years of being a Cassie seen him look so happy. Not when DBSK won first place, not when he talked about the cheers he heard during his first stage as a duo, not when he finished his first Japanese in three years. It was a look that no words could ever, ever describe.

 

5. “You Wish to Tell Me About the Second” by Brown Eyes

Yunho and I had decided to leave things up to God for now, so here I was feeling like complete crap with a pregnancy test in my hand. Youngjae was only seven months old! We hadn’t even come out to the public yet either. I sighed.

 

6. “Wonderful Tonight” by B1A4

It was a beautiful fall evening. The botanical garden was gorgeous with lights set up everywhere. When we got up to a more open part, I saw an orchestra. I just… Oh my gosh. What did Yunho plan? He started to sing to me. Holy flip. I recognize the song. What song is this? Oh I know this song! I can’t remember the name of it. I know the name. What is it? Then I heard the chorus. Wedding Dress! He’s singing Wedding Dress. Oh my goodness. He’s proposing again! Omg omg omg omg.

 

7. “Love Again” by Se7en

Why does Yunho have to be so romantic? Someone has to make up for my lack of romance over the years I suppose. I would have thought it would have lessened over the past ten years, but it hasn’t. I swear I fall in love with him over and over again through all the little things he does. He could be sitting on the sofa with Jiyool curled up against him reading a story, and my heart does a little flip.

 

8. “Summertime Guys” by Nikki Clearly

We were having a summer BBQ at Alaina and Jinki’s place where there was a pool with some of the Strong Heart girls. I am a healthy woman. Holy… The husbands were so good looking. Calm yourself down. Think of Shindong doing Single Ladies.

 

9.  “Fukai Mori” by Do As Infinity

So many, many years had passed since I moved to Korea and married Yunho. I was feeling nostalgic today, and why shouldn’t I? My baby was graduating college. Youngjae was the spitting image of his father and was following in his footsteps by getting a law degree. Our son knew that’s what Yunho wanted to do when he was younger, and it just so happened that Youngie inherited his father’s passion for helping others. I was so proud of him.

 

10. “Hang” by Matchbox Twenty

They had their first fight. Sheena calls in tears, and oh how my heart hurt for her. I tell her to hang in there; things will get better. I explain that there is going to be cultural differences that will make things hard at times, but that doesn’t mean AJ loves her any less.